Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I believe that was what was meant - this issue of NTT predated Perez's Wonder Woman - it was pre-Crisis. New Teen Titans #11-#13 (1981 cover dates).
    Attachment 86755

I don't prefer any magical restriction on men on the island. I think it doesn't work well with Steve. And I don't like removing the element of choice from the Amazons. And if they need to fight appropriately when invaded, they can and will do it (with no magic to solve the problem). Some magic hiding the island is more acceptable, but not required.
    But modern-day has them being in a different dimension. Especially if they are dealing with doom gate or Ares. Also, it's their choice to protect the door. So aren't they given up something? That they can't have men but they don't mean they don't want to have men. Some hate men due to their history.

But modern-day has them being in a different dimension. Especially if they are dealing with doom gate or Ares. Also, it's their choice to protect the door. So aren't they given up something? That they can't have men but they don't mean they don't want to have men. Some hate men due to their history.
    I know modern is different. I just don't like magic. If they protect the door, they protect it by fighting. Or they protect it from everyone (not just men). And then it would be the doorway, not the island, that had the effect.

I won't say no individual Amazon hates men. But I don't want them a misandrist society. I like them not being explicitly inferior to modern western society in any overt and obvious way, and I would definitely consider institutionalized murder/transformation/hatred of men to be that.

When it comes to this, I want it to primarily be a choice for the Amazons. They've chosen to live without men on Themyscira, and there are no magical enforcements, edicts, or curses regarding men on the island.

If communication between the Themyscira and Men's World becomes possible, I still want that choice to remain. Individual Amazons may or may not choose to go to Man's World—and return home—more or less freely.

Men who, without fault of their own, end up there will receive any assistance needed and returned within a reasonable period (say three days, unless they are injured). Men who force themselves into the island will be forcibly evicted. I can also imagine them establishing a smaller offshore island (say "Hospitality Island") which is open for visiting men (though I imagine access to that one will still be sharply limited).
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    When it comes to this, I want it to primarily be a choice for the Amazons. They've chosen to live without men on Themyscira, and there are no magical enforcements, edicts, or curses regarding men on the island.

If communication between the Themyscira and Men's World becomes possible, I still want that choice to remain. Individual Amazons may or may not choose to go to Man's World—and return home—more or less freely.

Men who, without fault of their own, end up there will receive any assistance needed and returned within a reasonable period (say three days, unless they are injured). Men who force themselves into the island will be forcibly evicted. I can also imagine them establishing a smaller offshore island (say "Hospitality Island") which is open for visiting men (though I imagine access to that one will still be sharply limited).
    I agree with this.

True. What if the Amazons did lock themselves away from our dimension only part of the island. For people who are injuries? It was there choice. I mean Perez handles why the Amazons wouldn’t want to deal with a men. But also I simply would explain it has not wanting to deal with the outside world at all. I mean the Amazons did have husbands and sons. I wonder what if some Amazons did go outside the island ? Or should only Diana ever have left the island? That some wanted to see how the outside world has been.
    In the movie the island seems to be just hidden by mist.