Default Doctor Sleep final trailer dropped

https://youtu.be/CgoYrQLPfBU

Considering King's feelings about the Kubrik film, I really can't wait to hear his reaction to this movie, especially due to all of the Kubrik imagery present.

I've never read either The Shining or Dr. Sleep but this interests me so I'm gonna check it out.

Fantastic Member

I read the shining and Dr. Sleep in both novels king is fantastic at the build up/atmosphere to his stories and not so great on the climax of his stories....but this looks pretty faithful..Dr.SLeep might work better as an HBO series than a movie though. I don't know why abra is casted as black especially with her connections in the book.
    Last edited by obatalla; 09-10-2019 at 07:10 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    I read the shining and Dr. Sleep in both novels king is fantastic at the build up/atmosphere to his stories and not so great on the climax of his stories....but this looks pretty faithful..Dr.SLeep might work better as an HBO series than a movie though. I don't know why abra is casted as black especially with her connections in the book.
    Dan and Lucy were only half-siblings; if they said Lucy's mother was AA and Lucy married an AA man it would work.

You guys might want to put the discussion about Abra in spoilers since your giving away a huge plot twist from the book.