View Poll Results: What say you?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Innocent Civilians (to be spared)

3 2.78%
  • No - Criminals (to be apprehended)

31 28.70%
  • No - Enemy Combatants (to be stopped by any means necessary)

69 63.89%
  • Other

5 4.63%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I’m with Logan on this one. Innocent civilians don’t build machines to exterminate a species.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whist View Post
    Notice how Wolverine carries out his part of the unhitching of Mother Mode and it involves slicing and dicing station personnel. In the very next panel, Nightcrawler has tied two of them up.
    Simple but good example of their individual modus operandi and characters.
    That was such a great juxtaposition. Really well done by Hickman and Larraz.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Kill them all.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whist View Post
    Notice how Wolverine carries out his part of the unhitching of Mother Mode and it involves slicing and dicing station personnel. In the very next panel, Nightcrawler has tied two of them up.
    Simple but good example of their individual modus operandi and characters.

Came here to say exactly this. The armed security are trying to kill you so killing them in self-defense is fine. The scientists/remaining crew that may be unarmed but are still an indirect threat so it's fine to just knock them out and tie them up.
    Last edited by JamJams; 09-09-2019 at 06:03 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

No...not innocent in the least.
    However, if they surrender lock them up...if they attack, kill them...kill them HARD!!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    What military are you talking about that calls air strikes against houses???
    (
    It is almost what I'm trying to say. You can understand why people with no background in the military might think that because of what they may have seen on television and in films, but seriously? Imagine the backlash?

What the X-Men are doing looks, at best, like the act of a rogue state (in the eyes of the UN, say, or individual countries) or at worst like some kind of state sponsored terrorism. Yes, I know, it's just comics, and for the progression of the story I'm happy to roll with it. But really to come up with something about soldiers ordering deliberate air attacks on houses is groundless in reality, and more than a little silly.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    Came here to say exactly this. The armed security are trying to kill you so killing them in self-defense is fine. The scientists/remaining crew that may be unarmed but are still an indirect threat so it's fine to just knock them out and tie them up.
    Except, if Kurt had ‘ported into armed security, he’d still have only knocked them about. And visa versa for Logan, the scientists would have been sushi.

Astonishing Member

Kill them, and the avengers to( except she-hulk)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    No...not innocent in the least.
    However, if they surrender lock them up...if they attack, kill them...kill them HARD!!!
    Again, problematic.

Under what jurisdiction do the X-Men lock people up? What are nation states going to think if their sovereign territory (I get that it's in space, but I'm sure it's considered someone's territory) is invaded and their citizens captured and locked up? They are making themselves into terrorists themselves here, in the eyes of the world, no matter how justified they think their actions are. Just look at what the world's governments thought of the ANC after Sharpeville when they, quite rightly, stepped up an armed campaign.

So this is an act of war by the X-Men, certainly in the eyes of the rest of the world's governments, no matter how justified it may be, and no matter that they feel they are reacting to a declaration of war against themselves. Just as an aside, Xavier, Apocalypse and Magneto are clever enough to know that the governments of the world will see it that way as well.

Extraordinary Member

They are civilians working in a munitions factory during a time of war. You don't say "That factory is building weapons to kill us....but the people working there are civilians so we won't bomb it."

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    They are civilians working in a munitions factory during a time of war. You don't say "That factory is building weapons to kill us....but the people working there are civilians so we won't bomb it."
    Please god...tell me you are not at all anyway related to the pentagon in your line of work.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

No, they killed Husk and Angel.

Fantastic Member

It's messed up the so called heroes of the marvel universe never do anything about Sentinels since they aren't effected.

What about the mutants non affiliated? Do they think they are safe for now? Never works that way. You'd think the FF would at least be looking at this stuff for Franklin's safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Yeah, see that's why I distinguish between the British forces and anyone else, because I know that the UK forces would NOT do that. First they would try to find out whether any hostages were being held, then if civilians were being used as human shields, then they'd try to ascertain whether they could achieve their desired outcome, without damage to surrounding buildings and civilians, with what they have on the ground. An air strike would be the absolute last resort. I'm assuming it would be similar with the military of most countries.
    There are some small caveats to the situation but pretty much every military that has the support is working like that. How you going to find out if they are hostage held inside? British troops can see through buildings? Come on now there is no way to tell who inside of these houses/buildings. You are aren't risking your men to go inside to find out. Sometimes you mark building/area for the next set of people to look for it or call in for an airstrike. The airstrike is preferable when you have access to call in them. People do understand that I am talking about a general warzone in a city type area? right. Most people have clear out but you can never fully be sure of what is in a building. Lose a couple of men clearing a building your attitude on process changes quite a bit.

But apparently we need examples of different military hitting stuff similar to what I am talking about

Hellfire on building
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0Vq6XU7T0s

The Brits
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADa8...has_verified=1

Hey look a house
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk__2n6S9MA

another one
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaSOMEIe1Bg

Isreali targeting building complex
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQDwOyWj8O0

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    What military are you talking about that calls air strikes against houses???
    Building , Houses, Huts, Caves,etc

Anyways like said give the choice being losing X-men and destroying the base. Destroying the base would be the option

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    So this is an act of war by the X-Men, certainly in the eyes of the rest of the world's governments, no matter how justified it may be, and no matter that they feel they are reacting to a declaration of war against themselves. ll.
    Destroying Hydra, Aim, and Hammer base near the Sun? Nah no government is saying anything about it that or are the worlds government going to War for terrorist now?
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-09-2019 at 06:55 AM.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    You'd think the FF would at least be looking at this stuff for Franklin's safety.
    We don't know that they aren't. they could be. We just know theyre not being as aggressive about it as the X-men.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    You're right, of course. This from the International Red Cross, relating to the law of armed conflict. Is it a time of war though? Has war been declared properly? Remember "an authorised party of a national government" has to make a speech or sign a document in order to enact a state of war between countries. If Krakoa is not properly recognised as a nation state then their actions are terrorism rather than war (I was taught a lot of what I thought was useless while I was serving - who'd have thought it would come in handy when discussing comics)

The law should not be misunderstood to mean that civilians have
    absolute immunity from attack in all cases. They certainly have immunity
    from direct attack. However, military objectives do not stop being military
    objectives just because civilians are present; the latter share the danger
    of being there. Care must nevertheless be taken, as we know, to limit
    civilian collateral damage to the absolute minimum. For example, civilians
    working in a munitions, weapons or aircraft factory run a risk by being
    there and are very much part of a legitimate military objective. The civilian
    driver of an oil tanker vehicle being used for military purposes, however,
    is only part of a legitimate objective while piloting the tanker. The same
    applies to workers when they are at home or outside their factory; they
    are then protected against attack.