View Poll Results: What say you?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Innocent Civilians (to be spared)

    3 2.78%
  • No - Criminals (to be apprehended)

    31 28.70%
  • No - Enemy Combatants (to be stopped by any means necessary)

    69 63.89%
  • Other

    5 4.63%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 160
  1. #121
    Incredible Member useridgoeshere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    So do the anti-Sentinels posters think that power dampening nanites or inhibitor collars are unacceptable too? Humans should just rely on the Avengers or other non mutant heroes for protection. Humanity are inherently at a great disadvantage against mutants in practically all areas, what are they to do; just lay down and accept the slow march to annihilation and extinction? Accept the rhetoric of mutant superiority and mutant dominance of the planet? Humanity will never accept that and if they did they wouldn't be humans, it's not human nature to give up and give in. Humanity may ultimately lose the war against mutants but they are not going to go into oblivion without a fight. And in a war for survival you use every weapon in your Arsenal, thats what mutants are doing especially with regards to omega mutants, humanity is doing it with Sentinels(Mother Mold and Nimrod)
    These pro-Sentinel arguments make no sense. Humans are not going extinct because of 'evil' Mutants. They're going extinct because of evolutionary factors. Sentinels, nanites and inhibitor collars don't change that. Unless you use them to commit genocide, which is what has happened and will continue to happen..

    Parents should want their children to exceed them, to be more than they are and to achieve more. Orchis is really about parents who don't want that and feel threatened by their offspring's success. It's good that Gregor didn't have kids because she would've been a horrible mother, in addition to being a horrible monster.

  2. #122
    Bad Guy CoCoBandz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Ugly Arizona
    Posts
    2,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    These pro-Sentinel arguments make no sense. Humans are not going extinct because of 'evil' Mutants. They're going extinct because of evolutionary factors. Sentinels, nanites and inhibitor collars don't change that. Unless you use them to commit genocide, which is what has happened and will continue to happen..

    Parents should want their children to exceed them, to be more than they are and to achieve more. Orchis is really about parents who don't want that and feel threatened by their offspring's success. It's good that Gregor didn't have kids because she would've been a horrible mother, in addition to being a horrible monster.
    Yes slay her pls.

  3. #123
    Libre. People Of The Earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Paris.
    Posts
    2,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    So do the anti-Sentinels posters think that power dampening nanites or inhibitor collars are unacceptable too? Humans should just rely on the Avengers or other non mutant heroes for protection. Humanity are inherently at a great disadvantage against mutants in practically all areas, what are they to do; just lay down and accept the slow march to annihilation and extinction? Accept the rhetoric of mutant superiority and mutant dominance of the planet? Humanity will never accept that and if they did they wouldn't be humans, it's not human nature to give up and give in. Humanity may ultimately lose the war against mutants but they are not going to go into oblivion without a fight. And in a war for survival you use every weapon in your Arsenal, thats what mutants are doing especially with regards to omega mutants, humanity is doing it with Sentinels(Mother Mold and Nimrod)
    It's not a war. We already know that if a war broke out between sapiens and mutants, everyone would lose to the machines.
    Right now, it's merely a guerilla, hidden skirmishes between both sides.
    Though it's true, it's naive to think people would embrace their own extinction without reacting. Especially when they have the means to do something about it.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."


    "Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

  4. #124
    Astonishing Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,002

    Default

    Easy solution. Get Forge, Doug, and all other techno mutants together and have them create their own sentinel program. The criteria can be when a sentinel is activated with the intent to kill mutants the mutant sentinels activate and return the favor. Easy solution and pretty fair based on the tall man's criteria.

    Also are we forgetting mutants are still humans and are actually born from humans. So the only way humans can win is to kill themselves basically. Ultimate catch 22.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  5. #125
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,614

    Default

    Mutants are probably the most valuable resource in the MU (on earth). If humans had any functioning brain cells, they would’ve stopped trying to kill them and tried integrating them to established society instead.

  6. #126
    X-Cultist nx01a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    47°9′S 126°43′W
    Posts
    10,924

    Default

    ORCHIS willingly accepted Hydra agents. HYDRA. They all deserved to be cleansed by solar fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Mutants are probably the most valuable resource in the MU (on earth). If humans had any functioning brain cells, they would’ve stopped trying to kill them and tried integrating them to established society instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    Each individual human is going to die and give way to their descendants anyway eventually, and none of their anti-mutant actions are going to stop that.
    It's only a war (more like a quick skirmish) if the humans can't learn to share with their own young.
    Racism aside, the only downside to having mutant children is the high possibility that their powers might be genuinely dangerous if not outright lethal. With proper genetic screening, even that can be mitigated. And yes, I know there's the 'superhumans will rise up and oppress the normals' fear but that's inherent with any human who has a stick while another human doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

  7. #127
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    6,911

    Default

    Considering some people here have brought up the Sentinels' AI, that also factors into the argument in real life about technology being potentially biased against racial/ethnic minorities because most of the head honchos in charge of developing things like AI are largely not racial/ethnic minorities themselves. It could be an interesting means to update the ongoing meta-narrative about marginalization, oppression, and persecution of "others" that has been key to the X-Men franchise for so long.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  8. #128
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    4,367

    Default

    This is interesting.

    The arguments in the defense for Sentinels is pretty interesting. Though I don't see how you can justify that building a Sentinel for your protection is right. I will say It's great to hear other opinions really. I just never thought i'd see someone argue building Sentinels is justifiable.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 09-10-2019 at 04:05 PM.
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm Ororo Munroe
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!

  9. #129
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The other side
    Posts
    623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Mutants are probably the most valuable resource in the MU (on earth). If humans had any functioning brain cells, they would’ve stopped trying to kill them and tried integrating them to established society instead.
    Actually that would of been the smart thing to do. Integrating mutants into society at all levels could advance humanity as a whole in many areas. But when you have some mutants advocating for mutant superiority and dominance, for the replacement of humans and referring to themselves as gods; well that might cause some trepidation and allow for some negative feelings. Especially when there are some extremely powerful mutants fully capable of carrying out their intentions.

  10. #130
    Astonishing Member Vegan Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,611

    Default

    The only innocent who died on the Orchis Station was Mother Mold.

  11. #131
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    6,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    The only innocent who died on the Orchis Station was Mother Mold.
    Mother Mold didn't ask to be created, and weren't her final words basically, "Mutants, humans --- f*** you both"? Because really, that is another great point raised, that the Sentinels not only go after mutants, but eventually turn on anything with DNA, including baseline humans and nonmutant superhumans, since as jwatson mentioned, mutants are born from humans. There is nothing meaningfully distinguishing humans and mutants as different "races" --- race being a social construct used to justify discrimination by some against others based on surface-level differences, anyway --- aside from a strand of DNA that gives some people superpowers, so the Sentinels, being AI unbound by human emotion even if programmed according to human biases, would eventually realize that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  12. #132
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    4,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Actually that would of been the smart thing to do. Integrating mutants into society at all levels could advance humanity as a whole in many areas. But when you have some mutants advocating for mutant superiority and dominance, for the replacement of humans and referring to themselves as gods; well that might cause some trepidation and allow for some negative feelings. Especially when there are some extremely powerful mutants fully capable of carrying out their intentions.
    The Mutants who advocate for Superiority and Dominance Can you give a body count of how many people they have killed??

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Mother Mold didn't ask to be created, and weren't her final words basically, "Mutants, humans --- f*** you both"? Because really, that is another great point raised, that the Sentinels not only go after mutants, but eventually turn on anything with DNA, including baseline humans and nonmutant superhumans, since as jwatson mentioned, mutants are born from humans. There is nothing meaningfully distinguishing humans and mutants as different "races" --- race being a social construct used to justify discrimination by some against others based on surface-level differences, anyway --- aside from a strand of DNA that gives some people superpowers, so the Sentinels, being AI unbound by human emotion even if programmed according to human biases, would eventually realize that.
    Exactly, that's the whole point.

    Every Sentinel that was programmed to kill mutants eventually turned on humans anyway, because they couldn't distinguished the difference. Mutants ARE human they come from Humans anyway lol.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 09-10-2019 at 06:12 PM.
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm Ororo Munroe
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!

  13. #133
    Mighty Member hawkeyefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    The Mutants who advocate for Superiority and Dominance Can you give a body count of how many people they have killed??
    Cassandra Nova got about 16 mill or so.

  14. #134
    Extraordinary Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    9,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    Cassandra Nova got about 16 mill or so.
    She isn’t a mutant lol. Her whole deal is constantly trying to fork over mutants because she thinks they’re all abominations.
    Last edited by Tycon; 09-10-2019 at 08:27 PM.

  15. #135
    Astonishing Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The tall [B
    But when you have some mutants advocating for mutant superiority and dominance, for the replacement of humans and referring to themselves as gods; well that might cause some trepidation and allow for some negative feelings. Especially when there are some extremely powerful mutants fully capable of carrying out their intentions[/B].
    Some Humans do that lol...and the world turns
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    Cassandra Nova got about 16 mill or so.
    She's not a Mutant
    +
    She used a Weapon designed by humans solely as a means to kill mutants
    GrindrStone(D)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •