View Poll Results: What say you?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Innocent Civilians (to be spared)

3 2.78%
  • No - Criminals (to be apprehended)

31 28.70%
  • No - Enemy Combatants (to be stopped by any means necessary)

69 63.89%
  • Other

5 4.63%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    That's a tad pessimistic. If a society is that afraid of mutants getting together to overthrow humanity that they need giant killer robots to 'keep mutants in check' Then that society obviously ain't treating the Mutants right,
    Well, Namor did flood New York.

And Magneto did almost nuke everybody.

so...
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    We are assuming high kill count numbers? It doesn't work like that But if we are doing this How many people has Ultron killed is Hank Pym responsible for that? How many people got killed because Hydra Cap? How many people died in Hulk rampage and save the subconscious he protects stop himself thing. Didn't Illuminati kill some worlds? The point is even the "good" Superhumans have solid body counts.
    Now that I think about it all a bit, the mutant villains are pretty tame. Luckily they have those horrible humans to pose an actual threat!

But I'm honestly just messing around.

To be serious for a moment on this topic, I don't think that we have reason to believe that Orchis is in any way sanctioned. It seems made up of former members of many clandestine organizations. But is it actually answering to any world power? We have nothing that says it is. So therefore, anyone who is involved to the point where they are flown to Venus to board an orbital station where they are building weapons to curtail the mutant threat....well, they've made their decision, and I don't think any of them would be considered what we'd call innocent in that regard.

Having said that, however, I can't blame the X-Men for trying to hold life as precious. Even the lives of those that hate and fear them. It's kind of their thing, and kind of key if there is ever to be a de-escalation of hostilities. If they respond in kind, then all that happens is escalation, which continues until one side is dead.

It'll take one side to begin some kind of rolling back of hostilities.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    Now that I think about it all a bit, the mutant villains are pretty tame. Luckily they have those horrible humans to pose an actual threat!

But I'm honestly just messing around.

To be serious for a moment on this topic, I don't think that we have reason to believe that Orchis is in any way sanctioned. It seems made up of former members of many clandestine organizations. But is it actually answering to any world power? We have nothing that says it is. So therefore, anyone who is involved to the point where they are flown to Venus to board an orbital station where they are building weapons to curtail the mutant threat....well, they've made their decision, and I don't think any of them would be considered what we'd call innocent in that regard.

Having said that, however, I can't blame the X-Men for trying to hold life as precious. Even the lives of those that hate and fear them. It's kind of their thing, and kind of key if there is ever to be a de-escalation of hostilities. If they respond in kind, then all that happens is escalation, which continues until one side is dead.

It'll take one side to begin some kind of rolling back of hostilities.
    Who set up orchis? I mean shield and sword agents are not being pulled by some red neck hick....
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

so...
    Humans are destroying Namors home and killing his people as a byproduct.

And Humans did gas magneto's people and put him in a concentration camp.

so...
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

so...
    Yeah, something that gets ignored is that Namor was the Marvel public's first encounter with superhumans. When you're introduced to mutants by having them attempt to drown New York, it doesn't make a good first impression.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

so...
    The humans didn't even know Namor's people existed. And making your existence known by declaring war is the worst way to air your grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    Who set up orchis? I mean shield and sword agents are not being pulled by some red neck hick....
    Given the diverse organizations involved, I don’t know if it’s any one government or the UN, or if it’s more a rogue shadow government kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    Given the diverse organizations involved, I don’t know if it’s any one government or the UN, or if it’s more a rogue shadow government kind of thing.
    Considering everything we already know, i think there is a shoe to drop here...so.eone was monitoring bank accounts then put the program into action...someone that has fingers in a lot of pies.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

If you’re clever enough to make it on to that team then you’re clever enough to understand the moral implications. Logan had it right. Let ‘em burn.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

so...
    lol riiiiiiight
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The humans didn't even know Namor's people existed. And making your existence known by declaring war is the worst way to air your grievances.
    ignorance doesn't gurantee innocence

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    If you’re clever enough to make it on to that team then you’re clever enough to understand the moral implications. Logan had it right. Let ‘em burn.
    HA!!! YAS!
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    ignorance doesn't gurantee innocence

In the case of Namor's supposed grievances with humans, it does. You can't complain about your people being killed like it's an act of war when no one knows your people exist.