View Poll Results: Do you want supersons to return or are you happy with jon being in legion

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I would love supersons to return. Hate jon's legion

    27 42.86%
  • No! I am happy with just Jon's legion.

    6 9.52%
  • I am greedy! I want both.

    22 34.92%
  • I hate both.

    8 12.70%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 80
  1. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Gar, Raven, and Damian have always been among my favorite superheroes. Hell Gar straight up is my favorite. So the three being on one team was a dream come true at first. And I still think it could work (Damian and Raven in particular have the potential to really play well off each other like in that TT VS JL movie...just don't ship them). But Damian just...can't be the leader. He just... isn't the leader type. At least not the kind that a team like the Titans need. I could see him being like a field leader or something. But overall, he's better off giving command to someone like Kory or even Gar depending on which version of him we're getting.
    I am just sick of the crew being stuck as "teen" titans. I believe they should have joined the titans or jl respectively. Damian should be getting his own team in this generation.As for leading, damian is more like bruce than other robins ever was. So, just like in jl there should be counter balance.

  2. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Man! Only 4 people are actually happy with Jon's legion out of this sample size. Yikes! I hope the book works out.
    19 people want both, so technically 23 people are fine with Jon's Legion. Around half the poll.
    Last Read: Berserk vol. 40
    Monthly Pull List: Action Comics, Batman, Daredevil, Dead Man Logan, Detective Comics, Doomsday Clock, Event Leviathan, The Flash, Flash Forward, Kick-Ass, Legion of Superheroes: Millennium, Lois Lane, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, Shazam!, Supergirl, Superman, Young Justice

  3. #48
    Incredible Member Blue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I am just sick of the crew being stuck as "teen" titans. I believe they should have joined the titans or jl respectively.
    I think Johns' Titans did it best by having the NTT members stick around as mentors to the new gen (though I admit there might be some bias here because that TT run was what got me into comics in the first place lol).

    If they're so dead set on having Gar, Kory, and Raven stay Teen Titans, keep them on as the old guard who are helping the new kids (including Damian and Jon) the same way they did for the YJ crew. Honestly, I'd take that over Super Sons. Mostly because it'd get all my favorite heroes in one place, in a way that makes sense.

  4. #49
    Astonishing Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    4,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I think Johns' Titans did it best by having the NTT members stick around as mentors to the new gen (though I admit there might be some bias here because that TT run was what got me into comics in the first place lol).

    If they're so dead set on having Gar, Kory, and Raven stay Teen Titans, keep them on as the old guard who are helping the new kids (including Damian and Jon) the same way they did for the YJ crew. Honestly, I'd take that over Super Sons. Mostly because it'd get all my favorite heroes in one place, in a way that makes sense.
    I'd be fine with that too. And bringing in characters like Maya, Kathy, Collin, and perhaps the newer members of the current Teen Titans. That way we get some good character interactions, established members that can help guide the younger members, but also counter balances to say, Damian in Jon, without being overly antagonistic.

  5. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    19 people want both, so technically 23 people are fine with Jon's Legion. Around half the poll.
    They aren't happy with just jon being in legion. They want supersons also along with that. So, i don't think it counts. I mean, it could have people who would choose supersons over legion, If it was a choice. Effectively, that option is for people who cannot choose.

  6. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I think Johns' Titans did it best by having the NTT members stick around as mentors to the new gen (though I admit there might be some bias here because that TT run was what got me into comics in the first place lol).

    If they're so dead set on having Gar, Kory, and Raven stay Teen Titans, keep them on as the old guard who are helping the new kids (including Damian and Jon) the same way they did for the YJ crew. Honestly, I'd take that over Super Sons. Mostly because it'd get all my favorite heroes in one place, in a way that makes sense.
    That would be cool. In fact, they should have all the titans be in on it. Like, wally, roy, garth.. Etc. They could just mix the teams with senior leading/mentoring young kids and stuff. I mean, have wally help out wallace. Garth help kaldur.. Etc. I am not talking about mentoring, just tutoring on using powers and team work.. etc

  7. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    They aren't happy with just jon being in legion. They want supersons also along with that. So, i don't think it counts. I mean, it could have people who would choose supersons over legion, If it was a choice. Effectively, that option is for people who cannot choose.
    It counts because if they disliked it they would have chosen "Hate Jon's Legion." If they like the idea of Jon being in the Legion, they aren't going to not read the comic just because a Supersons book isn't out. Otherwise they would have chosen the poll option of not enjoying Jon's Legion. If anything, it means they would buy both if both were an option.
    Last Read: Berserk vol. 40
    Monthly Pull List: Action Comics, Batman, Daredevil, Dead Man Logan, Detective Comics, Doomsday Clock, Event Leviathan, The Flash, Flash Forward, Kick-Ass, Legion of Superheroes: Millennium, Lois Lane, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, Shazam!, Supergirl, Superman, Young Justice

  8. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    It counts because if they disliked it they would have chosen "Hate Jon's Legion." If they like the idea of Jon being in the Legion, they aren't going to not read the comic just because a Supersons book isn't out. Otherwise they would have chosen the poll option of not enjoying Jon's Legion. If anything, it means they would buy both if both were an option.
    No, it doesn't count. It's like this, i could say i want chocolate with nuts. It doesn't mean they will be happy with just chocolate or just nuts. They might opt not to buy the chocolate without nuts. They might not care for nuts without chocolate.So, it is for people that are on that spectrum.that's why i don't include those.my, wordings aside it was always for the people who can't choose or undecided guys. The other options are clear choice between supersons and jon's legion.

  9. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    No, it doesn't count. It's like this, i could say i want chocolate with nuts. It doesn't mean they will be happy with just chocolate or just nuts. They might opt not to buy the chocolate without nuts. They might not care for nuts without chocolate.So, it is for people that are on that spectrum.that's why i don't include those.my, wordings aside it was always for the people who can't choose or undecided guys. The other options are clear choice between supersons and jon's legion.
    The exact wording in the option is "I want both." They want Jon's Legion. They want Supersons.

    The poll itself it either/or. It already implies if one wasn't an option, would you choose the other. You're assuming (currently) 20 people would turn down a Legion book due to the absence of the lack of a Supersons book. If that were the case, the would have chosen the "Supersons only" poll option.
    Last Read: Berserk vol. 40
    Monthly Pull List: Action Comics, Batman, Daredevil, Dead Man Logan, Detective Comics, Doomsday Clock, Event Leviathan, The Flash, Flash Forward, Kick-Ass, Legion of Superheroes: Millennium, Lois Lane, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, Shazam!, Supergirl, Superman, Young Justice

  10. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    The exact wording in the option is "I want both." They want Jon's Legion. They want Supersons.

    The poll itself it either/or. It already implies if one wasn't an option, would you choose the other. You're assuming (currently) 20 people would turn down a Legion book due to the absence of the lack of a Supersons book. If that were the case, the would have chosen the "Supersons only" poll option.
    Nope! They would not.how would "supersons only" option work for people for people that want supersons and jon's legion?In that option, jon's legion would not be there. Vice versa,"jon's legion only" guys would not have "supersons" to fulfil their criteria.
    Here is the logic
    P:supersons, Q:jon's legion
    1)P ν
    2)Q ν
    3)(P Λ Q) ν
    4)(P Λ Q)

    P ν Q ν(P Λ Q) ν(P Λ Q)
    Here for the third option to be true both conditions supersons and jon's legion need to be true. If either one is false then the option becomes false. "I want both", means it wouldn't fulfil their criteria to have one without the other. Does that make sense Or am i doing it wrong?

  11. #56
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,643

    Default

    I'm down with Jon in the Legion, absolutely. It's a tradition for young Supers to hang out in the future and I've been wanting this since Jon arrived (well, since I started to enjoy the character anyway, I was not a fan of the "son of Superman" concept in main continuity at first).

    But I also really enjoy his dynamic with Damian and want more of that too, even though the age-up is going to alter that dynamic.

    So I'll take both please.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  12. #57
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'm down with Jon in the Legion, absolutely. It's a tradition for young Supers to hang out in the future and I've been wanting this since Jon arrived (well, since I started to enjoy the character anyway, I was not a fan of the "son of Superman" concept in main continuity at first).

    But I also really enjoy his dynamic with Damian and want more of that too, even though the age-up is going to alter that dynamic.

    So I'll take both please.
    Took the words right out of my mouth. Like i said, it's neither one nor the other. I want both. I want to see Jon with the Legion. I enjoy the dynamic with Damian.

  13. #58
    Astonishing Member Fergus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    2,536

    Default

    I voted for Legion.

    @dietrich and @manwhohaseverything. I believe you are both biased and you are both wrong.

    Jon was made to look bad in service of Damian. My 12 year old then just turned 11 had the same opinion as dietrich [an opinion that has been shared by a few across on the Damian thread]

    My son who was neutral going in thought Jon always made fun of Damian but he liked that and he liked this Damian more.

    Jon was used to soften Damian image and increase his popularity and develop the character.

    Tomasi is a well known Damian fanboy. This isn't the 1st time Damian has had young friends but Tomasi deliberately choose to give us a very childish Jon who was threatened and eager to proven himself against a Damian who rose above it. Damian grew softer. More understanding and more mature while Jon made juvenile jokes and was desperate to be part of Damian's gang.


    The Super books picked up the friendship while none of the Bat books did aside from that one mention that was a set up for him kicking Gotham Girl's butt.
    Supersons benefited Damian greatly but for Jon all he is is Damian's pal and Superman's son. That is limiting. He should a character in his own right.

    I want to know who Jon is. Damian is already an established character in his own right now it's time for Jon Kent to do the same. Prove his character can survive without Damian or his father carrying him.

    It's unfair to pull him back into a partnership now that he's got a chance to do something on his own.

    The boys have moved so far apart that their story can not come back together and now it's time for Jon to develop beyond an accessory .

    He will have achieved that when every discussion about the character doesn't have the name Damian popping up repeatedly

  14. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I voted for Legion.

    @dietrich and @manwhohaseverything. I believe you are both biased and you are both wrong.

    Jon was made to look bad in service of Damian. My 12 year old then just turned 11 had the same opinion as dietrich [an opinion that has been shared by a few across on the Damian thread]

    My son who was neutral going in thought Jon always made fun of Damian but he liked that and he liked this Damian more.

    Jon was used to soften Damian image and increase his popularity and develop the character.

    Tomasi is a well known Damian fanboy. This isn't the 1st time Damian has had young friends but Tomasi deliberately choose to give us a very childish Jon who was threatened and eager to proven himself against a Damian who rose above it. Damian grew softer. More understanding and more mature while Jon made juvenile jokes and was desperate to be part of Damian's gang.


    The Super books picked up the friendship while none of the Bat books did aside from that one mention that was a set up for him kicking Gotham Girl's butt.
    Supersons benefited Damian greatly but for Jon all he is is Damian's pal and Superman's son. That is limiting. He should a character in his own right.

    I want to know who Jon is. Damian is already an established character in his own right now it's time for Jon Kent to do the same. Prove his character can survive without Damian or his father carrying him.

    It's unfair to pull him back into a partnership now that he's got a chance to do something on his own.

    The boys have moved so far apart that their story can not come back together and now it's time for Jon to develop beyond an accessory .

    He will have achieved that when every discussion about the character doesn't have the name Damian popping up repeatedly
    i am biased. I never said otherwise. My complaints aren't regarding damian and jon, anyways. It were regarding the treatment of the original titans in Damian's titans book. I never argued jon didn't get pushed or damian didn't look bad. I only said, it's part of parcel.
    As for jon being an accessory i disagree. He had his development in superbooks. He came a long way from being the kid who was afraid of dead bodies. The kid who discovered his dad was superman and was given his cape for a while . He had fought Manchester black, eradicator, tamed apocalyptian hell hounds, He went on multiversal trips,Saw a civilisation come to an end because of fundamentalism. The kid had been taken captive multiple times, tortured and tested. He trained to control his powers. Learned to accept that superheroics has its risks. He got reject by his peers.
    As for Damian popping up. Supersons returns is the discussion. Therefore, damian is not off-limits.

  15. #60
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,430

    Default

    Heck I don't think Damian has benefitted much from the relationship either. Why? Because it came at the expense of what was, and what still is in my opinion, his best dynamic. Dick Grayson. Jon/Damian doesn't hold a candle to Dick/Damian. Hell I argue to this day that the best way Damian truly works as a Robin is when he's paired with Grayson, either as Batman, or just as suitably as Nightwing.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "Now why don't we step up here and everybody get stepped up, and let's get some stepped up personal space up in this place." - Phillip Jacobs

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •