View Poll Results: Do you want supersons to return or are you happy with jon being in legion

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I would love supersons to return. Hate jon's legion

27 42.86%
  • No! I am happy with just Jon's legion.

6 9.52%
  • I am greedy! I want both.

22 34.92%
  • I hate both.

8 12.70%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Heck I don't think Damian has benefitted much from the relationship either. Why? Because it came at the expense of what was, and what still is in my opinion, his best dynamic. Dick Grayson. Jon/Damian doesn't hold a candle to Dick/Damian. Hell I argue to this day that the best way Damian truly works as a Robin is when he's paired with Grayson, either as Batman, or just as suitably as Nightwing.
    I'd say the Dick and Damian relationship is such a different dynamic that I don't think Jon's friendship with him infringed on it at all.

If anything did it would be pairing Bruce and Damian together as Batman and Robin, but we still occasionally see moments highlighting how close Dick and Damian are.

Its not like they couldn't have done on both at the same time, and to be fair it was something they were whiffing on before Jon, rather after Dick stopped being Batman. My bias tends to want me to blame Jon's existence for certain things its not entirely to blame for, I can admit that much (but he's legit to blame for more than enough). This is more about DC screwing around with Dick more often than not. But I'd still much rather read about those two than the Super Sons any day of the week. Heck my hope is now with this happening, if they fix the stupid Ric situation maybe Dick and Damian can hang out again.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-20-2019 at 03:40 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

"Now why don't we step up here and everybody get stepped up, and let's get some stepped up personal space up in this place." - Phillip Jacobs

Honestly Tomasiís first SuperSons run was sweet and it was heartfelt. Seriously the story was pure and the duo had a great dynamic, I own all the TPBs. Itís just so damn good.
    Dammit it all (
    Favourite DC heroes: Flash (Wally West), Red Hood (Jason Todd), Batman.

Its not like they couldn't have done on both at the same time, and to be fair it was something they were whiffing on before Jon, rather after Dick stopped being Batman. My bias tends to want me to blame Jon's existence for certain things its not entirely to blame for, I can admit that much (but he's legit to blame for more than enough). This is more about DC screwing around with Dick more often than not. But I'd still much rather read about those two than the Super Sons any day of the week. Heck my hope is now with this happening, if they fix the stupid Ric situation maybe Dick and Damian can hang out again.
    Fair enough, although I don't think Super Sons got in the way of that relationship and offers something different from what we get with Dick and Damian.

Mighty Member

Yeah, I think Jon is actually more of a threat to the Dick/Damian relationship now that he's been aged up. When he was younger, he and Dick had clearly defined differences in their relationship with Damian. Now that's Jon is also older than Damian I could easily see writers treating Jon and Dick as interchangeable for Damian.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Teen Titans, Justice League, Doomsday Clock, Justice League Dark, Aquaman

Image: Lazarus, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Go Go Power Rangers

I am confused. Damian had made appearances in nightwing book as he was running around in supersons,if i remember correctly.dick/damian are nothing like jon/damian
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-20-2019 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I am confused. Damian had made appearances in nightwing book as he was running around in supersons,if i remember correctly.dick/damian are nothing like jon/damian
    They mean with the age up. As Dick was one of the few people Damian could act like a kid around. Similar to Jon, but with Jon being a kid right there with him. After the age up, they would serve very similar roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    They mean with the age up. As Dick was one of the few people Damian could act like a kid around. Similar to Jon, but with Jon being a kid right there with him. After the age up, they would serve very similar roles.
    I don't think so. Especially, after the feedback bendis got. Bendis is still playing up "he is still the same guys. Don't worry i gonna mae jon awesome ". I mean, the first cover of adult was really close to an angsty guy. I firmly believe bendis turned back on his original plans seeing the reaction to the changes to the kid. So, i think the reunion would be along the lines of bendis badly writing the dynamic of kid jon in an even taller body and damian.

Mighty Member

I don't think so. Especially, after the feedback bendis got. Bendis is still playing up "he is still the same guys. Don't worry i gonna mae jon awesome ". I mean, the first cover of adult was really close to an angsty guy. I firmly believe bendis turned back on his original plans seeing the reaction to the changes to the kid. So, i think the reunion would be along the lines of bendis badly writing the dynamic of kid jon in an even taller body and damian.
    Wish he'd stop trying to "make Jon awesome." Jon was way more awesome before Bendis got near him.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Teen Titans, Justice League, Doomsday Clock, Justice League Dark, Aquaman

Image: Lazarus, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Go Go Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Wish he'd stop trying to "make Jon awesome." Jon was way more awesome before Bendis got near him.
    No arguments here.

Incredible Member OpaqueGiraffe17's Avatar

yeah I've suspected something similar as far as how disingenuous Bendis's interpretation of Jon as come across as. Really reads like he got spooked by the backlash and is writing him as taller 10 year old Jon, despite that making no sense at all after the volcano dumbassery.

They could age Jon to 30 and he will never be a replacement for Grayson nor will the two relationship's ever be remotely similar or a substitute.
    Writers can NEVER use Jon to fill the Grayson role because the dynamics are worlds apart.

It's like using Wally or Donna to replace Bruce or Bruce's relationship with Grayson. It's ludicrous.
    Grayson is Damian's surrogate father, the one who saved him. Made him family. His mentor. Dick's relation ship with Damian mirrors Dick's with Bruce. That's what the Dynamic unique.

Dick's relationship with Damian isn't threatened by Supersons in Rebirth or anytime. The opposite. It was downplayed in the new52 but in Rebirth aside from Seeley's eulogy to their Batman run we also have King and Gotham Resistance.

I don't know what titles some on here are reading but i can tell which ones you aren't.

Supersons threatened Robin Son of batman and lead to it's cancellation. Jon is a threat to Damian's relationship with Maya who is older and his pal. The Supersons was also bad news for Abuse but only in the sense that fans who do n't have extensive knowledge of Damian now consider Jon his first friend when Colin was his first friend. One he sort out and made all on his own. Superson also erased Damian entire Character growth in Streets of Gotham to have him as this kid who doesn't know how to make friends or who's unable to admit or call a friend a friend.

But those characters are really in publication [though they might be had it not been for Supersons]

Damian's relationship with 17year old Jon will if written accurately reflect that of his relation with Emi but friendlier or Maya. Jon has finally matured and gone through enough soul hardening stuff that he might be close to Damian but I doubt he's there yet. Damian Wayne is a 25year old inside a 13 year old body I don't know why people are expecting that just cos Jon aged up to teen they'll have an issue. Damian was never a kid which is why some liked that he was getting a chance to do that with Jon. While he played video games with Dick he isn't able to be a kid with dick. What he is with Dick is himself.

They won't. Now they might start getting along better. Jon will be less insecure and have less to prove and Damian will be less condescending and treat him less like a kid. Not to mention now that Jon's had part of his soul crashed has been abuse hardened Damian might open up more about his past. This will bring em closer since they now have more in common.

For the purposes of the vote while I voted Legion I will say that I miss the Supersons greatly. They were the highlight of Rebirth and the best idea DC has had in ages just as a Super fan I want to see what Jon can be away from Damian and it does get irritating seeing every conversation about the kid get hijacked by Supersons and Damian [no not just this one] I think that isn't fair on Jon.

I have two kids that would vote Supersons in a heart beat.

Heck I don't think Damian has benefitted much from the relationship either. Why? Because it came at the expense of what was, and what still is in my opinion, his best dynamic. Dick Grayson. Jon/Damian doesn't hold a candle to Dick/Damian. Hell I argue to this day that the best way Damian truly works as a Robin is when he's paired with Grayson, either as Batman, or just as suitably as Nightwing.
    It always bugs me when some make this claim. Dick and Damian were extraordinary but Bruce and Damian have shown they can work as a traditional Batman and Robin team under multiple writers.

Tomasi gave us a taste in Tec
    Tynion- Batman/TMNT
    Priest Deathstroke
    we even saw them in superman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    yeah I've suspected something similar as far as how disingenuous Bendis's interpretation of Jon as come across as. Really reads like he got spooked by the backlash and is writing him as taller 10 year old Jon, despite that making no sense at all after the volcano dumbassery.
    Yeah, I do not understand any of the volcano stuff at all, he just stayed around in there for 6 years, had no trauma or anything just kind of wiped it off as being weird. I find it more likely his body just aged up when he landed on Earth 3 and just spent a couple of days in there or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    19 people want both, so technically 23 people are fine with Jon's Legion. Around half the poll.
    I voted Both but I don't give a fig about Legion. I'm not 'Fine' with it but it's here and Jon is already aged up. The damage is done so whatever.
    I picked that option cos why not. I get what I want and legion fans get what they want. Everyone's happy.

The both option does make it less clear how fan's feel. Some might want Jon in two titles cos they enjoy the character etc. The fact that a person voted both doesn't mean they are 'Fine' with Legion.