View Poll Results: Do you want supersons to return or are you happy with jon being in legion

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I would love supersons to return. Hate jon's legion

27 42.86%
  • No! I am happy with just Jon's legion.

6 9.52%
  • I am greedy! I want both.

22 34.92%
  • I hate both.

8 12.70%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Supersons return

Since, supersons will be having a reunion. Would you like supersons to return with a new creative team? If so who would you like to write it? Or are happy with just jon being in legion and send of to the future
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-09-2019 at 12:35 PM.

BANNED

The last mini was just too zany for me. If the alien junior Legion of Doom never is referenced again, I can die happy.

Also much as I hate Jon being aged up, it's done and I have no desire to see them attempt to twist things to reverse it. And late teen Jon teamed up with Damian would lose it's charm after the first "I'm older than you/No You're not" scene.

So barring a reboot I've no desire to see Jon & Damian on a regular or ongoing basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    The last mini was just too zany for me. If the alien junior Legion of Doom never is referenced again, I can die happy.

Also much as I hate Jon being aged up, it's done and I have no desire to see them attempt to twist things to reverse it. And late teen Jon teamed up with Damian would lose it's charm after the first "I'm older than you/No You're not" scene.

So barring a reboot I've no desire to see Jon & Damian on a regular or ongoing basis.
    Disagree, on this. Seeing as teen jon hasn't gone down well enough in appeal or execution. I think the chances of return are high. It's comics, i have read much more out there shinanigans.They could pull a future trunks saga out of there ass, if nothing else.Not much arm twisting required.

The concept remains ever fascinating, and I'll always want it to be felt in the DNA of both characters, but I'm interested in where both of their stories are at right now.

Someday I'd like to see a proper reunion comic (a mini most likely). That said, I think there should be allotted space (in either of their books) for the boys to cameo and team-up or just hangout (Miles and Ganke style). Personally, I'd rather that be normalized over a full book.
    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

"Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."

-Coffee That

PM me if you tryina mix it up in SFV (and Dragon Ball FighterZ). Just know: the hypa bomb takes no prisoners.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    The concept remains ever fascinating, and I'll always want it to be felt in the DNA of both characters, but I'm interested in where both of their stories are at right now.

Someday I'd like to see a proper reunion comic (a mini most likely). That said, I think there should be allotted space (in either of their books) for the boys to cameo and team-up or just hangout (Miles and Ganke style). Personally, I'd rather that be normalized over a full book.
    What books? If jon himself is going away from superbooks and will only be having cameo appearance. I doubt they are going to be having supersons in superbooks. As for batbooks, i could see tomasi being interested in using jon. Even that has slim chance.

Even, if jon ain't going away and Bendis does write it. I don't think it will be atleast decent because he can't write both these characters (my opinion). So, far the only jokes in the books with teen jon are poop jokes,sex jokes and awkward accidently catching mom/son in a disarray jokes. I doubt anybody wants that kind of supersons(i could be wrong). None of these have been fun and all of these have been repetitive. The age is also very huge hurdle for the dynamic to survive. If Bendis can't write them as is. How is he going to make them attractive with jon being another older kid stuck with a damian who thinks he is older than batman?

I will say this, reunion issue is way better draw for me than the batman/superman book that's being published now. Which has disappointing to say the least. They need to change that dynamic. Its getting old. Atleast, in the rebirth issues they had an extra layer of being "dads" to wierd kids.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    What books?
    Superman, Action Comics, Legion of Super-Heroes, Batman, Detective Comics, and Teen Titans all have chances of seeing it. Legion, Teens Titans, and Superman likely have the greatest shots though.

Even assuming the Jon will not be regularly going back and forth between his era and the Legion's, The Legion of Super-Heroes have historically had periods where they go on leave/vacation back to their home worlds. I have to imagine that either one or both of these will be used. Saturn Girl herself explains that they feel that both eras can learn something from one another. In order for that idea to work, Jon would have to move back and forth between the 21st and 31st centuries.

I imagine chances are good that Jon will show up in any of the Superman books or even Teen Titans once in a while. It'll probably be as or possibly less regularly than Lois shows up in the main Superman title (she'll have made an appearance in 6 issues by the time 17 is out) That's not even mentioning the fact that the Legion book is perfectly capable of cutting away to Jon in the present similar to how they used to do in the old books. It's just not that big a leap in logic.

If YOU personally will like it is something you'll have to sort for yourself. But there aren't any hard and fast stop signs as far as something like this goes.
    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

"Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."

-Coffee That

PM me if you tryina mix it up in SFV (and Dragon Ball FighterZ). Just know: the hypa bomb takes no prisoners.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Superman, Action Comics, Legion of Super-Heroes, Batman, Detective Comics, and Teen Titans all have chances of seeing it. Legion, Teens Titans, and Superman likely have the greatest shots though.

Even assuming the Jon will not be regularly going back and forth between his era and the Legion's, The Legion of Super-Heroes have historically had periods where they go on leave/vacation back to their home worlds. I have to imagine that either one or both of these will be used. Saturn Girl herself explains that they feel that both eras can learn something from one another. In order for that idea to work, Jon would have to move back and forth between the 21st and 31st centuries.

I imagine chances are good that Jon will show up in any of the Superman books or even Teen Titans once in a while. It'll probably be as or possibly less regularly than Lois shows up in the main Superman title (she'll have made an appearance in 6 issues by the time 17 is out) That's not even mentioning the fact that the Legion book is perfectly capable of cutting away to Jon in the present similar to how they used to do in the old books. It's just not that big a leap in logic.

If YOU personally will like it is something you'll have to sort for yourself. But there aren't any hard and fast stop signs as far as something like this goes.
    The current Teen titans is a whole different beast. It doesn't have anything that would allow for jon being friends with damian(atleast during work) .unless they want someone to challenge damian and his decisions or go against him. I suppose they could build up superboy vs robin with that. But, i don't think that's in the plans.
    @As for superbooks,i am confused. if jon himself is going to have less panel time. How is bendis going to develop damijon especially in current condition with lesser panel time and make it attractive in general? That's what i am asking. I hope this doesn't turn out Jon's space trip which was undercooked.
    As for me, i am just going wait till the reunion issue to decide to give up or not. If I like that sample. I would be more hopeful for the dynamic. Else, i am just going to move on.

I have zero expectations for Bendis' "reunion", as he cannot write Damian at all. And writes a much blander Jon. And I've otherwise made my feelings on the age up and shipping Jon off to the future quite clear.

I think the "reunion" issue is probably the last we'll see of anything Super Sons related in the comics for a while. I have a feeling it might serve as a sendoff while Jon moves on to the Legion.

Maybe when Damian is Jon's new age they might revive it as something new.

Even if he had stayed ten, I'd still think giving Jon the Legion was a mistake. As much as I didn't really care for their last outting, because the mini Legion of Doom was more annoying than anything else, I'd take more Super Sons over Legion or Teen Titans any day. I'd gladly see them both leave their respective teams (especially since the current Titans aren't very...good for Damian) and just pal around with each other. With the occasional guest appearance from Maya, Kathy, and that kid Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Even if he had stayed ten, I'd still think giving Jon the Legion was a mistake. As much as I didn't really care for their last outting, because the mini Legion of Doom was more annoying than anything else, I'd take more Super Sons over Legion or Teen Titans any day. I'd gladly see them both leave their respective teams (especially since the current Titans aren't very...good for Damian) and just pal around with each other. With the occasional guest appearance from Maya, Kathy, and that kid Lantern.
    And the Bizarro Boyz.

I would like some new blood to come it to write Jon and Damian. If they could pry Jeremy Whitley away from Marvel, I would like him to write it.

I think they will have a few reunions, but it won't feel the same as the original series because the characters are growing separately in different titles. Jon is going to be in a situation where everyone wants to be his friend (though that may change quickly), and it will be interesting to see who Bendis has him hanging out with off-duty. Traditionally, Clark hanged out mostly with the Founders and Brainiac 5, but since this version of the Legion is at full force it could lead to incredibly different friendships.
    Last edited by Infectious Lass; 09-09-2019 at 04:00 PM.

I don't hate legion I nothing it. I just don't care. It wasn't on my radar before. Never even heard of em. Norw i know but I still don't care. I was never going to read it and I'm still not going to.

So give me SuperSons. I always wonder the logic behind cancelling such an awesome title but then I remember that this is the company that thought

was an okay idea. A**e holes.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I don't hate legion I nothing it. I just don't care. It wasn't on my radar before. Never even heard of em. Norw i know but I still don't care. I was never going to read it and I'm still not going to.

So give me SuperSons. I always wonder the logic behind cancelling such an awesome title but then I remember that this is the company that thought

was an okay idea. A**e holes.
    Okay, this cracked me up. Seriously, they can't even release a decent polished movie after spending 300 million dollars is beyond me.