View Poll Results: Do you want supersons to return or are you happy with jon being in legion

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I would love supersons to return. Hate jon's legion

27 42.86%
  • No! I am happy with just Jon's legion.

6 9.52%
  • I am greedy! I want both.

22 34.92%
  • I hate both.

8 12.70%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Even if he had stayed ten, I'd still think giving Jon the Legion was a mistake. As much as I didn't really care for their last outting, because the mini Legion of Doom was more annoying than anything else, I'd take more Super Sons over Legion or Teen Titans any day. I'd gladly see them both leave their respective teams (especially since the current Titans aren't very...good for Damian) and just pal around with each other. With the occasional guest appearance from Maya, Kathy, and that kid Lantern.
    The current Titans are doing so much more with and for Damian than Supersons ever did.

Supersons watered down Damian. Teen Titans Damian is closer to the real thing. Damian is a kid who is still unlearning years of conditioning and abuse. he is a kid who is surrounded on all sides by dodgy people and the one positive influence in his life has been removed.

.By positive I DO NOT MEAN JON KENT but DICK GRAYSON. Jon Kent wasn't an influence on Damian rather it was the other way around. [@Blue22 I know you are already aware of this I'm just saying it here since a lot of Superman fans tend to get it twisted because they only discovered Damian through SS]

it makes sense that with Damian now leaving with Bruce he's going to start picking up habits and ideas from bruce hence the Prison, the lying [Damian has never been a liar] and the manipulation of people around him. It's natural that as a caring person Damian is frustrated with the methods of the JL after watching them lose a whole planet and just move on like it's no biggie.
    It's only natural that Damian is sick of Batman's revolving door system and the fact that his father never seems to have a permanent solution.His villains keep coming back. One of them even killed him and his father was broken up when someone else took that villain out. The villain is back again and still doing crimes.

I don't get it when fans complain about Damian in TT when it's only natural when we consider his environment and his influences. I guess we all like different iterations of the character.

Teen titans is challenging Damian. He's dealing with big issues, relevant issues. Teen Titans is harsh and unapologetic which makes me appreciate the palling around of Supersons more. I'd rather he keep both,

This turned into a rant. Sorry.

I forgot about Ian Wayne. He is the worst

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    The current Titans are doing so much more with and for Damian than Supersons ever did.

Supersons watered down Damian. Teen Titans Damian is closer to the real thing. Damian is a kid who is still unlearning years of conditioning and abuse. he is a kid who is surrounded on all sides by dodgy people and the one positive influence in his life has been removed.

.By positive I DO NOT MEAN JON KENT but DICK GRAYSON. Jon Kent wasn't an influence on Damian rather it was the other way around. [@Blue22 I know you are already aware of this I'm just saying it here since a lot of Superman fans tend to get it twisted because they only discovered Damian through SS]

it makes sense that with Damian now leaving with Bruce he's going to start picking up habits and ideas from bruce hence the Prison, the lying [Damian has never been a liar] and the manipulation of people around him. It's natural that as a caring person Damian is frustrated with the methods of the JL after watching them lose a whole planet and just move on like it's no biggie.
    It's only natural that Damian is sick of Batman's revolving door system and the fact that his father never seems to have a permanent solution.His villains keep coming back. One of them even killed him and his father was broken up when someone else took that villain out. The villain is back again and still doing crimes.

I don't get it when fans complain about Damian in TT when it's only natural when we consider his environment and his influences. I guess we all like different iterations of the character.

Teen titans is challenging Damian. He's dealing with big issues, relevant issues. Teen Titans is harsh and unapologetic which makes me appreciate the palling around of Supersons more. I'd rather he keep both,

This turned into a rant. Sorry.

I forgot about Ian Wayne. He is the worst
    The problem is everyone teen titans books are written to be subservient. There isn't anyone who stands their ground and disagree or have ideological contrast. They don't even have anyone who gives it back to damian. Everyone just rolls over and goes with what ever Damian's doing and sometimes they even take his shit.

Damian's teen titans isn't unapologetic. It's one sided. It's an echo chamber. Even when the starfire was on the team. It was written like she was subservient to damian. When starfire should be the one in charge. she should have been written strongly react more to how damian treats her and the team. She is the senior and more experienced titan

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    The problem is everyone teen titans books are written to be subservient. There isn't anyone who stands their ground and disagree or have ideological contrast. They don't even have anyone who gives it back to damian. Everyone just rolls over and goes with what ever Damian's doing and sometimes they even take his shit.

Damian's teen titans isn't unapologetic. It's one sided. It's an echo chamber. Even when the starfire was on the team. It was written like she was subservient to damian. When starfire should be the one in charge. she should have been written strongly react more to how damian treats her and the team. She is the senior and more experienced titan
    No it isn't. I don't know whether it's people's in-built Bat envy or bias but honestly this is getting too much.

The 1st TT Starfire decided to give Damian a chance after he offered his life in exchange for their. She even calls him on his attitude but she knows his heart is pure. Now what exactly did you want her to do? Like BB refuse to help the people of gotham just so she can stick it to Damian?
    Agree with a mad killer from the future to kill Jon Kent like Raven and BB?
    Refuse to let Jon on the team despite him coming in clutch a few times like they did?
    Keeping KF on the team despite him betraying you twice? which non of them did.

Doing the right thing isn't rolling over. For Star or any of them to go against damian then that would make them out right idiots or evil. Maturity is rolling over.
    What shit do you think they should call him on? Damian didn't do anything wrong in the 1st TT except Kidnap them and they called him on it. Nothing else he did was wrong.
    Yes he is anti social, yes he doesn't know how to talk to people but aside from his attitude which non of them liked he didn't do anything for them to call him on

The 1st Tt Damian was bullied and victimised just because he was no fun and fired the person BB plays games with. BB said this on Panel. They bullied him because he was a square. BB use his Toothbrush to clean the toilet because he was bored. These are heroes. BB didn't want the team to go help the people of Gotham because he didn't like Damian. These are Heroes. Damian after all that shit didn't hesitate to help BB when he was in trouble.

The current Team you are clearly not reading cos if you were you won't be making such a laughably incorrect statement.

The current TT has been nothing but ideological differences because Damian is using Bruce's methods which no one is cool with.
    The 1st TT unless you want the teams to become villains or bad guys then they will have to agree with Damian since Damian was right he was doing the right thing.

Supersons Jon doesn't stand up to Damian he attempts to bully him in the 1st series where Damian was made to be the butt of every joke but I recall Jon doing sit ups and doing things because Damian. The 2nd series of Supersons Tomasi seemed to have gotten the message that you don't prop up one character by putting another down especially when the one being put down is better established so he cut that shit right out. No more Jokes.

Shame Supersons caught on so much because Damian had better friends. More organically formed who worked great with him and everything was Balanced. Colin, Maya and Maps all worked great with Damian calling him on his shit without going evil, making fun of him without it going into mean spirited jibs/bulling.

I wish Dc would invest in these characters. Colin is coming back next year so that's a positive.

I suggest you go read the current TT and go RE read the old TT but this time leave your bias at the door Understand that Damian is an annoying shit but sometimes annoying shits are also right you don't rebel against someone because they are annoying yet making sense. That's what BB did in the title and lead to him making some dubious decision just so he can stick it to a 13 yr old whose manner of speaking he didn't like.

I know a lot of fans want Damian taken down a peg or two same with his dad . But that doesn't make it right. Starfire had seniority so as an adult she gave him a chance to learn and grow and he did just that by his next team, he was already putting into practise what he learnt using his words to recruit his team.
    Last edited by dietrich; 09-10-2019 at 04:38 AM.

No it isn't. I don't know whether it's people's in-built Bat envy or bias but honestly this is getting too much.

The 1st TT Starfire decided to give Damian a chance after he offered his life in exchange for their. She even calls him on his attitude but she knows his heart is pure. Now what exactly did you want her to do? Like BB refuse to help the people of gotham just so she can stick it to Damian?
    Agree with a mad killer from the future to kill Jon Kent like Raven and BB?
    Refuse to let Jon on the team despite him coming in clutch a few times like they did?
    Keeping KF on the team despite him betraying you twice? which non of them did.

Doing the right thing isn't rolling over. For Star or any of them to go against damian then that would make them out right idiots or evil. Maturity is rolling over.
    What shit do you think they should call him on? Damian didn't do anything wrong in the 1st TT except Kidnap them and they called him on it. Nothing else he did was wrong.
    Yes he is anti social, yes he doesn't know how to talk to people but aside from his attitude which non of them liked he didn't do anything for them to call him on

The 1st Tt Damian was bullied and victimised just because he was no fun and fired the person BB plays games with. BB said this on Panel. They bullied him because he was a square. BB use his Toothbrush to clean the toilet because he was bored. These are heroes. BB didn't want the team to go help the people of Gotham because he didn't like Damian. These are Heroes. Damian after all that shit didn't hesitate to help BB when he was in trouble.

The current Team you are clearly not reading cos if you were you won't be making such a laughably incorrect statement.

The current TT has been nothing but ideological differences because Damian is using Bruce's methods which no one is cool with.
    The 1st TT unless you want the teams to become villains or bad guys then they will have to agree with Damian since Damian was right he was doing the right thing.

Supersons Jon doesn't stand up to Damian he attempts to bully him in the 1st series where Damian was made to be the butt of every joke but I recall Jon doing sit ups and doing things because Damian. The 2nd series of Supersons Tomasi seemed to have gotten the message that you don't prop up one character by putting another down especially when the one being put down is better established so he cut that shit right out. No more Jokes.

Shame Supersons caught on so much because Damian had better friends. More organically formed who worked great with him and everything was Balanced. Colin, Maya and Maps all worked great with Damian calling him on his shit without going evil, making fun of him without it going into mean spirited jibs/bulling.

I wish Dc would invest in these characters. Colin is coming back next year so that's a positive.

I suggest you go read the current TT and go RE read the old TT but this time leave your bias at the door Understand that Damian is an annoying shit but sometimes annoying shits are also right you don't rebel against someone because they are annoying yet making sense. That's what BB did in the title and lead to him making some dubious decision just so he can stick it to a 13 yr old whose manner of speaking he didn't like.

I know a lot of fans want Damian taken down a peg or two same with his dad . But that doesn't make it right. Starfire had seniority so as an adult she gave him a chance to learn and grow and he did just that by his next team, he was already putting into practise what he learnt using his words to recruit his team.
    starfire giving a chance is not the same as allowing him to boss her around or talk to her how ever he wants. It's disrespectful and as titans fan i hated that. Starfire should be written as the bold leader. Not someone that lets damian bully her.

I didn't say anything about titans tomorrow which was a wierd book for older titans like bb and raven had slew of bad writing also. Tied to the past new52 tim's titans team. Which might not be in continuity anymore,since young justice is back.

Right thing from whose perspective,thats the problem.building prisons.. Etc last time a hero did that it didn't go so well. It wasn't bruce that did it. it was clark. And nobody in the team seems to disagree with damian.

And as recall it was damian who was bullying jon not the other way around. Jon just decided to standup for himself and gjve it back. Damian kidnapped him. He was the one made fun of him. He took kryptonite batarang against him(which could kill him).tomasi's second series never had Damian be an asshole to jon. Even, When he did it jon gave it back like in the old book.

And really? You are complaining about jon being proped up at the expense of damian. Damian is the one who is always proped up at the expense of other characters like the older titans. Heck! The animated movies had him beat deathtroke and beatup nightwing.
    Ofcourse, damian is right. Always. That is exactly the problem. Damian is shown to be write at the expense of other characters.
    Like what happened to beast boy. No character is allowed to disagree within the team and shown in a positive light. Look at, how young justice tv show handled the batman inc and how black lightning was on the case of both nightwing and batman. That's how team dynamics should be written.Or how wonder woman disagreed with bruce and opposed going behind the back. Wally disagreeing with nightwing.

Disagreeing with someone on a course of action doesn't make them bad guys. Unless, you are specifically writing them to put them down.For example, i don't see jon or wally agreeing with the current titans way of things .i mean, jon is all the way "never ending battle for truth and justice" kind of guy all the way. "never ending" being a key word.

See, you are not getting the point.when people say batgod. It isn't due to "batenvy". It is due to the fact that generally smart, strong.. Etc characters getting and becoming dumb in front of a bat character like damian or bruce. The problem isn't portrayal of batcharacters that is the problem but the portrayal of other counter parts.Same phenomenon is happening with harley. Trinity got tricked by a psycopath with a malet. The problem isn't harley was unpredictable. The problem was trinity being Written like idiots.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-10-2019 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    starfire giving a chance is not the same as allowing him to boss her around or talk to her how ever he wants. It's disrespectful and as titans fan i hated that. Starfire should be written as the bold leader. Not someone that lets damian bully her.

I didn't say anything about titans tomorrow which was a wierd book for older titans like bb and raven had slew of bad writing also. Tied to the past new52 tim's titans team. Which might not be in continuity anymore,since young justice is back.

Right thing from whose perspective,thats the problem.building prisons.. Etc last time a hero did that it didn't go so well. It wasn't bruce that did it. it was clark. And nobody in the team seems to disagree with damian.

And as recall it was damian who was bullying jon not the other way around. Jon just decided to standup for himself and gjve it back. Damian kidnapped him. He was the one made fun of him. He took kryptonite batarang against him(which could kill him).tomasi's second series never had Damian be an asshole to jon. Even, When he did it jon gave it back like in the old book.

And really? You are complaining about jon being proped up at the expense of damian. Damian is the one who is always proped up at the expense of other characters like the older titans. Heck! The animated movies had him beat deathtroke and beatup nightwing.
    Ofcourse, damian is right. Always. That is exactly the problem. Damian is shown to be write at the expense of other characters.
    Like what happened to beast boy. No character is allowed to disagree within the team and shown in a positive light. Look at, how young justice tv show handled the batman inc and how black lightning was on the case of both nightwing and batman. That's how team dynamics should be written.Or how wonder woman disagreed with bruce and opposed going behind the back. Wally disagreeing with nightwing.

Disagreeing with someone on a course of action doesn't make them bad guys. Unless, you are specifically writing them to put them down.For example, i don't see jon or wally agreeing with the current titans way of things .i mean, jon is all the way "never ending battle for truth and justice" kind of guy all the way. "never ending" being a key word.

See, you are not getting the point.when people say batgod. It isn't due to "batenvy". It is due to the fact that generally smart, strong.. Etc characters getting and becoming dumb in front of a bat character like damian or bruce. The problem isn't portrayal of batcharacters that is the problem but the portrayal of other counter parts.Same phenomenon is happening with harley. Trinity got tricked by a psycopath with a malet. The problem isn't harley was unpredictable. The problem was trinity being Written like idiots.

Starfire didn't want to lead and she was well within her right to want Damian to learn. The point is Starfire is a hero the only thing she could do is put up with the kid who doesn't know how to talk to people and who offered his life in exchange for hers or walk away from the team and go back to sitting on her hands.

Garfield refused to help the people of Gotham saying it was not their place all cos Damian rightfully fired his mate. So nope I wasn't only talking about Titans of Tomorrow

You really need to read more books. batman has always had a prison the last time that prison was used was by Bruce and Alfred in King's batman the same month as we were getting Damian's prison.
    The right thing according to his father and like I said READ THE BLOODY BOOKS. If you did you would know that Djinn and everyone else on the TT were against the prison the minute the found out. Only Emi is on board. so i fail to see how this can be an example of everyone doing what Damian wants.

Just so you don't keep getting mixed up 1st series of TT Damian did nothing wrong aside from the initial kidnap which they all stood up him about. Everything else he asked of them was THE RIGHT THING.

2nd series Damian did and is doing a lot wrong which is why I'm loving it. He lied to them and when they found out they were against it. So again you are not just incorrect. They disagree with him so much that Crush has beaten him up a few times. The current TT is about Damian picking the wrong path in his quest to do better. That is why it's challenging and interesting. Damian is even a little OCC in just how dumb he is being but I'm willing to buy it since the kid is drowning right now.

How many mean nick names has Damian got for Jon?, 1 how many has Jon got for Damian. how many times has Jon physically assaulted Damian? The F**ker even punches Damian as Damian is saving his life. How many times has Jon made fun of Damian? [starting to remember why I wasn't too the 1st series of Supersons] And Damian took it rather than putting him down. There's a reason why a lot of people say thing's like I never liked Damian until SS because SS nerfed him to prop up jon.

Jesus okay another lesson Damian didn't kidnap Jon Maya was forced to bring Jon in because he was destroying the area and putting Himself, Maya and Goliath in danger. You need to go back and check your facts. Damian threw Jon off a building in one issue now there were 12 issues of Jon constantly picking on/getting digs in while Damian ignored it.

Oh you're one of those. Deathstrojke was a coward who couldn't even go toe to with Ra's Damian beating that version of Deathstroke isn't propping Damian it's degrading to Damian that he threw hands with that coward.

Damian attacked all of Nightwing's vitals organs while Nightwing held back and still won. You did catch that bit or in your bias are you going to act like that didn't happen. Am i wrong? was that not what happened? Also please try to stay on topic don't let your damian issues get in the way.

I don't know what you are on but Damian was shown to be wrong and a bad leader in the 1st TT and we saw him admit it and try to do better.
    Current TT everyone aside form Emi agrees that Damian is wrong. Infact the current TT is nothing but Damian being wrong and being called on it.

Wally doesn't agree with what Damian is doing. Djinn isn't etc.
    Refusing to help people in need or agreeing to kill a kid for a crime they are going to do in the future is one being evil not a disagreement.

Dude you need to reread Superman 10, Supersons, The current TT and you need to watch Son of Batman again because you are recalling a bunch of things wrong.
    Last edited by dietrich; 09-10-2019 at 07:15 AM.

Starfire didn't want to lead and she was well within her right to want Damian to learn. The point is Starfire is a hero the only thing she could do is put up with the kid who doesn't know how to talk to people and who offered his life in exchange for hers or walk away from the team and go back to sitting on her hands.

Garfield refused to help the people of Gotham saying it was not their place all cos Damian rightfully fired his mate. So nope I wasn't only talking about Titans of Tomorrow

You really need to read more books. batman has always had a prison the last time that prison was used was by Bruce and Alfred in King's batman the same month as we were getting Damian's prison.
    The right thing according to his father and like I said READ THE BLOODY BOOKS. If you did you would know that Djinn and everyone else on the TT were against the prison the minute the found out. Only Emi is on board. so i fail to see how this can be an example of everyone doing what Damian wants.

Just so you don't keep getting mixed up 1st series of TT Damian did nothing wrong aside from the initial kidnap which they all stood up him about. Everything else he asked of them was THE RIGHT THING.

2nd series Damian did and is doing a lot wrong which is why I'm loving it. He lied to them and when they found out they were against it. So again you are not just incorrect. They disagree with him so much that Crush has beaten him up a few times. The current TT is about Damian picking the wrong path in his quest to do better. That is why it's challenging and interesting. Damian is even a little OCC in just how dumb he is being but I'm willing to buy it since the kid is drowning right now.

How many mean nick names has Damian got for Jon?, 1 how many has Jon got for Damian. how many times has Jon physically assaulted Damian? The F**ker even punches Damian as Damian is saving his life. How many times has Jon made fun of Damian? [starting to remember why I wasn't too the 1st series of Supersons] And Damian took it rather than putting him down. There's a reason why a lot of people say thing's like I never liked Damian until SS because SS nerfed him to prop up jon.

Jesus okay another lesson Damian didn't kidnap Jon Maya was forced to bring Jon in because he was destroying the area and putting Himself, Maya and Goliath in danger. You need to go back and check your facts. Damian threw Jon off a building in one issue now there were 12 issues of Jon constantly picking on/getting digs in while Damian ignored it.

Oh you're one of those. Deathstrojke was a coward who couldn't even go toe to with Ra's Damian beating that version of Deathstroke isn't propping Damian it's degrading to Damian that he threw hands with that coward.

Damian attacked all of Nightwing's vitals organs while Nightwing held back and still won. You did catch that bit or in your bias are you going to act like that didn't happen. Am i wrong? was that not what happened? Also please try to stay on topic don't let your damian issues get in the way.

I don't know what you are on but Damian was shown to be wrong and a bad leader in the 1st TT and we saw him admit it and try to do better.
    Current TT everyone aside form Emi agrees that Damian is wrong. Infact the current TT is nothing but Damian being wrong and being called on it.

Wally doesn't agree with what Damian is doing. Djinn isn't etc.
    Refusing to help people in need or agreeing to kill a kid for a crime they are going to do in the future is one being evil not a disagreement.

Dude you need to reread Superman 10, Supersons, The current TT and you need to watch Son of Batman again because you are recalling a bunch of things wrong.
    You still don't understand what i am saying. I have a problem with the likes of beastboy, raven and starfire being subordinate to damian. Last i checked, wonder woman leads a team of wierdo magicians. Damian is no where near as anti social as them. So i am sure starfire can handle it.
    You don't get it. These guys (bruce, damian or whomever ) having a personal prison is something that people disagree upon. Anyone, with straight morality might object to it. For instance, Clark's prison is not something he himself agrees with and was taken down. He wouldn't allow others to do the same mistake.

This what happened. Jon slugs because damian hit him below the belt with comment about his cat. He was only offering to show them his farm which is a better place for a cow. I won't deny he was being little smug, but that's his confidence in his ability with animals.

This what happened in the movie. Damian didn't have a scratch on him. Dick was the one that was cut to a pulp. Nightwing's victory feels cheap, here.As i said, bad writing to propup damian by making other older titans including beast boy look bad is my issue.titan of tomorrow was shitty for them. Raven, beastboy.. Etc shouldn't have ben even on teen titans team. They were titans generation with dick.
    Deathstroke should be another level for damian. Slade was the original titans villain. He shouldn't be jobbing to damian.I will take your word for it regarding the current series.
    I don't know how many nicknames damian has for jon. I didn't count them. All i know is damian being a condescending jerk and jon giving it back to him.jon punched him, to knock him out because raven was tracking them.
    As for current teen titans, i would take your word for it.

For the record, when I said the current Titans aren't good for Damian, I didn't mean for it to be taken as the series is bad or that he doesn't belong with them or anything like that. Like...I did not say that to bash this run of Teen Titans. Do I personally believe these Titans shouldn't exist? Yes, even if it did start to grow on me. But that's a totally different discussion.

However, as a person (especially one who wants to be a hero), this team is not good for him. It's taken him down a dark path that's alienated him from his family and friends (at this point, even his teammates). It's led to him making choices that are reckless and stupid, even for him. Sure he means well and his being a Titan has led to some interesting stories and situations, but if we're looking for things that are good for the mental stability of an already emotionally unsound 13 year old who still struggles to fight his dark tendencies, brought on by an early life of abuse....putting him in charge of these particular Titans would probably be at the very bottom of that list lol.

It's not healthy. Nobody on this team is really good for each other. Nobody there really makes someone else a better person. Most (not all) of the time, they don't even seem like they really like each other (and none of them are a big fan of Damian right now). It's a bunch of damaged and lost children, coming together and making themselves even more damaged and lost. And yeah, I get it. That's the whole point. They're not conventional superheroes. They "play by their own rules". They're "Not your daddy's Teen Titans". But that doesn't really negate my point that being there has kinda been damaging to him as a person...in fact that strengthens my belief. Especially when you get to that whole fiasco with Slade.

In short, I'm not speaking about him in terms of a character. Because in that regard, its neen doing a great job fleshing him out and giving him some more depth (even if I don't care for how he's been fleshed out). But looking at him as a person, as a child even, I'm pretty sure he'll be on the verge of a mental breakdown before this run ends xD (and...honestly, I'm all here for that. Break the kid down and the build him back up).

As for his relationship with Jon: I've never seen it as anything but beneficial to both of them. He reminds me of Dick in the way he seems to bring out a side of Damian that most people in his life never see. And being around someone like Damian helps give Jon a little perspective on hero life (or just life in general) outside of his cozy upbringing and the annoyingly bright beacon of perfection that is his father. Sure their initial meeting was rocky (though that was completely Damian's fault. He's sure been in a kidnappy mood these past few years) and it took them a bit to warm up to each other. But once they did, they became a pair who almost dethroned the NTT and Young Justice as my favorite example of friendship in the DC Universe.

My only criticism is that I wish Super Sons had done more...emotional drama too. Especially with Jon's discovery of Damian's past (especially since issue synopsis made it sound like it'd be some shocking revelation for him). These two do well in fun, over the top, and comedic moments but I wish they'd explored some more serious or even sadder times between them as well. Something to really tug at the heartstrings. With all the shit they've both been through (especially after Jon's run in with Manchester Black), there's no way neither of them didn't have anything to get off their chests. I dunno. That's just me. I'm a sucker for sappy moments like that.
    Last edited by Blue22; 09-10-2019 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    For the record, when I said the current Titans aren't good for Damian, I didn't mean for it to be taken as the series is bad or that he doesn't belong with them or anything like that. Like...I did not say that to bash this run of Teen Titans. Do I personally believe these Titans shouldn't exist? Yes, even if it did start to grow on me. But that's a totally different discussion.

However, as a person (especially one who wants to be a hero), this team is not good for him. It's taken him down a dark path that's alienated him from his family and friends (at this point, even his teammates). It's led to him making choices that are reckless and stupid, even for him. Sure he means well and his being a Titan has led to some interesting stories and situations, but if we're looking for things that are good for the mental stability of an already emotionally unsound 13 year old who still struggles to fight his dark tendencies, brought on by an early life of abuse....putting him in charge of these particular Titans would probably be at the very bottom of that list lol.

It's not healthy. Nobody on this team is really good for each other. Nobody there really makes someone else a better person. Most (not all) of the time, they don't even seem like they really like each other (and none of them are a big fan of Damian right now). It's a bunch of damaged and lost children, coming together and making themselves even more damaged and lost. And yeah, I get it. That's the whole point. They're not conventional superheroes. They "play by their own rules". They're "Not your daddy's Teen Titans". But that doesn't really negate my point that being there has kinda been damaging to him as a person...in fact that strengthens my belief. Especially when you get to that whole fiasco with Slade.

In short, I'm not speaking about him in terms of a character. Because in that regard, its neen doing a great job fleshing him out and giving him some more depth (even if I don't care for how he's been fleshed out). But looking at him as a person, as a child even, I'm pretty sure he'll be on the verge of a mental breakdown before this run ends xD (and...honestly, I'm all here for that. Break the kid down and the build him back up).

As for his relationship with Jon: I've never seen it as anything but beneficial to both of them. He reminds me of Dick in the way he seems to bring out a side of Damian that most people in his life never see. And being around someone like Damian helps give Jon a little perspective on hero life (or just life in general) outside of his cozy upbringing and the annoyingly bright beacon of perfection that is his father. Sure their initial meeting was rocky (though that was completely Damian's fault. He's sure been in a kidnappy mood these past few years) and it took them a bit to warm up to each other. But once they did, they became a pair who almost dethroned the NTT and Young Justice as my favorite example of friendship in the DC Universe.

My only criticism is that I wish Super Sons had done more...emotional drama too. Especially with Jon's discovery of Damian's past (especially since issue synopsis made it sound like it'd be some shocking revelation for him). These two do well in fun, over the top, and comedic moments but I wish they'd explored some more serious or even sadder times between them as well. Something to really tug at the heartstrings. With all the shit they've both been through (especially after Jon's run in with Manchester Black), there's no way neither of them didn't have anything to get off their chests. I dunno. That's just me. I'm a sucker for sappy moments like that.
    I'm pretty much with you. Just not a fan of the turn Teen Titans recently took with the Titans going Justice Lords on the criminals they catch (lobotomizing them).

Jon really did bring out the kid part in Damian, and without having to be an "older brother" type either. And at the same time, was able to disagree with Damian on tactics and what not.

Yeah, remember the Pleasant Hill storyline Marvel did a few years ago? Avengers Standoff? The Teen Titans are basically doing the exact same thing.

I want to see Jon's friend Beacon again.

Sadly now he is aged up, I don't think she will show up ever again.

I'm looking forward to seeing Jon and Damian again though! Alot of fun together!

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I want to see Jon's friend Beacon again.

Sadly now he is aged up, I don't think she will show up ever again.

I'm looking forward to seeing Jon and Damian again though! Alot of fun together!
    Beacon and Maya were both last seen looking after the Bizarro Boyz after the Bizarro Universe collapsed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Beacon and Maya were both last seen looking after the Bizarro Boyz after the Bizarro Universe collapsed.
    Hopefully we get to see them all together again. will be a big missed opportunity if not.

Missed opportunities are kinda par for the course with Jon these days so that won't be anything new.

I liked most of Super Sons. The key selling point was the banter between Damian and Jon. Ditto guest appearances of Batman and Alfred. Didn't like the miniseries.

I didn't...hate the miniseries. But as far as last hoorahs go, it was disappointingly underwhelming. Which is really saying something when you consider everything they did in it lol