Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

seems to me the only way to beat Batman genitals, is with Hulk genitals

I reckon namor’s genitals could be even more headline worthy. A namor black label series would be amazing

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I have a sneaking feeling that the new The End one-shots are an answer to DC’s Black Label line.

I have toyed with doing a script for Lockheed: Monsters Within, would that interest people?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

(Double post)

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Fisk

All about the ruthless Kingpin of Crime, and the extremes he will go to protect the one thing that matters to him...his power.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I have a sneaking feeling that the new The End one-shots are an answer to DC’s Black Label line.

I have toyed with doing a script for Lockheed: Monsters Within, would that interest people?
    Yeah, if you get it written out, by all means share.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Web of Spider-Man: a more mature series with experimental art and stories that embrace darker genres like existential horror and mad science, and focusing on a cast of Spider-characters rather than just Peter.

-Pav, who loved Spider-Man: Fever...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    DC launched a new line called DC Black Label. The idea is to tell limited series that reinterpret various parts of the DC Universe, done by known creators in the industry, while not being confined to the mainstream continuity. It's also more mature, with more leeway in terms of profanity and themes, but the stories take precedence. Note, that isn't quite like Marvel MAX, which was strictly an R-rated imprint, though it is similar. It's more about reinterpretations of the Marvel lore, than just about making R-rated stories out of continuity.

As an example of such a title that would fit a Black Label imprint, there's Spider-Man: Life Story.

Here are some ideas:

Doom United

A world where Doctor Doom has already won. He's taken over the world, united all nations, expelled outside threats, and mandates that any superpowered being (mutant, mutate or otherwise) must be drafted to serve his military. It highlights everything about what a world under Doom's rule would be. As for the story itself, I'd picture Doom as being a distant figure, like a greater-scope villain, rather than a direct threat, and it follows a group of renegades who want to live free. Each renegade reflects elements of the main universe: one is a mutate girl with spider-powers, one is a tech-genius with his own gadgets, one is a mutant telepath, one is an alien refugee, and one is a normal human with tons of money and uses their funds to keep them safe. It's set in NYC, but reimagined with a makeover consisting of Doom's magitek.

Parker Luck

A world where the Parkers are as rich as the Starks. Peter Parker grows up as the heir of Parker Industries, gets bit by a spider, loses his uncle, and aspires to become Spider-Man. By day, he poses as a billionaire without a care in the world, by night, he's the arachnid-themed dealer of justice. Inspired by the Parker Industries arc in Slott's run, this explores what it would be if this was the norm. He would have a bunch of fancy gadgets and vehicles, his own A.I., and a special suit in addition to his abilities. He's also a founding Avenger, and bankrolls them through the company, while Uncle Ben was a co-founder of S.H.I.E.L.D.. His rogues are reimagined as being part of the corporate world rather than "just" street criminals.

Armor Wars

A world where Tony Stark made his power armor widely available. Taking its name from the iconic '80s storyline, here we focus on a world where power armor is the most widely used weapon of war. The U.S. military has the Armored Corps, which is the sixth branch of the United States Armed Forces, at war with a fictional country over their use of power armor. Meanwhile, there's a criminal enterprise that opens up, which is all about selling the best armors on the black market. Police forces also have special armors for dealing with criminals. In a world where superpowers exist, the widespread use of power armor closes the gap. This was inspired by Iron Man 2, where everyone tried to recreate Tony's armor, because he refused to make them an open market. What if he did?

----

Anyways, what ideas do you have?
    Seems like Marvel is already doing some of this with the 2099 event

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Web of Spider-Man: a more mature series with experimental art and stories that embrace darker genres like existential horror and mad science, and focusing on a cast of Spider-characters rather than just Peter.

-Pav, who loved Spider-Man: Fever...
    Was that the one with the literal demonic spiders that turned out to be the source of the spider that bit Peter Parker all those years ago?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

LUKE CAGE: THE AMERICAN #1
    Written By DAVID HINES
    Art By SALVADOR LAROCCA
    *An Alternate Reality Series!*
    Home Of The Brave!
    The year is 2112, 50 years after America won it's independence from Canada. The United States has prospered in the time that has passed, making peace with it's Northern neighbors and with Mexico to the South. But there is a growing threat overseas as the Latverian monarch Victor Von Doom along with his ally the Mandarin have conquered much of Europe and Asia! President Nicholas Fury knows that it's only a matter of time before North America becomes a target as well. America must be ready to face the coming threats so he gathers his Cabinet together and turns to his Minister of Science Reed Richards and tells him to begin the most controversial project America has ever attempted! It's time to initiate The Weapon X Program! Meanwhile, sitting in a military prison for insubordination, marine Lieutenant Luke Cage reflects on his life when he is suddenly approached by war hero General Steve Rogers with an offer! He can either sit here rotting away in a cell or he can do something great for his country and the world! Can he become a symbol to rally this country and protect the world from evil? Next Issue: Born Again!
    32 PGS./Rated M...$2.99

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Was that the one with the literal demonic spiders that turned out to be the source of the spider that bit Peter Parker all those years ago?
    Yeah, I believe we're thinking of the same thing. Co-starred Dr. Strange, had a couple of magic dogs and a short appearance from the Vulture, plus contained references to Alistair Crowley.

-Pav, who loves a Spidey/Strange team-up...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Yeah, I believe we're thinking of the same thing. Co-starred Dr. Strange, had a couple of magic dogs and a short appearance from the Vulture, plus contained references to Alistair Crowley.

-Pav, who loves a Spidey/Strange team-up...
    Same. They're almost like brothers, since they were both co-created by Steve Ditko and use similar, if not nearly identical, hand gestures for web-shooting and spellcasting. That said, I do like your idea.

A crossover between Captain America and Fantastic Four dealing with sci-fi politics within nations like Atlantis, Wakanda, and Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    A crossover between Captain America and Fantastic Four dealing with sci-fi politics within nations like Atlantis, Wakanda, and Latveria
    That could be interesting. A story dealing with the geopolitics of the Marvel Universe would be incredible, if done well.