Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That could be interesting. A story dealing with the geopolitics of the Marvel Universe would be incredible, if done well.
    Sadly, Marvel thinks it's more interesting to destroy these places...

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I've been thinking about cyberpunk/transhumanist Wakanda A LOT since Huntsman Spider brought it up in the Black Panther appreciation thread and I've brainstormed on a few things.

- Worship of Bast or any other gods is illegal and the royal family no longer exist. Rule of Wakanda is shared amongst a mysterious council that no one has seen (rumour has it that they're AI)

- The Panther cult remains--though secret--and are plotting a scheme to take back Wakanda. The heart shaped herb was destroyed and several attempts to recreate or synthesize it have failed.

- The new Black Panther volunteered to have an experimental exoskeleton armour built to enhance his physicals to superhuman levels grafted onto his skin, similar to the cyborg ninjas in the Metal Gear franchise and the nanosuits in the Crysis games. He also gets his eyes replaced with superior artificial ones, and several other body parts which provide enhanced senses and an artificial computer brain.

Leader of the X-Men, Mystique, leads the team into a dangerous mission while her wife, Irene, is giving birth to their son Kurt and finds out that her team member Wolverine is actually a spy for SHIELD whos reporting what kind of school is this.
    Last edited by Mutant God; 10-05-2019 at 06:17 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I've been thinking about cyberpunk/transhumanist Wakanda A LOT since Huntsman Spider brought it up in the Black Panther appreciation thread and I've brainstormed on a few things.

- Worship of Bast or any other gods is illegal and the royal family no longer exist. Rule of Wakanda is shared amongst a mysterious council that no one has seen (rumour has it that they're AI)

- The Panther cult remains--though secret--and are plotting a scheme to take back Wakanda. The heart shaped herb was destroyed and several attempts to recreate or synthesize it have failed.

- The new Black Panther volunteered to have an experimental exoskeleton armour built to enhance his physicals to superhuman levels grafted onto his skin, similar to the cyborg ninjas in the Metal Gear franchise and the nanosuits in the Crysis games. He also gets his eyes replaced with superior artificial ones, and several other body parts which provide enhanced senses and an artificial computer brain.
    I like the idea of a Wakandan science-based character who in some ways rejects the mystical Bast-worshipping heart-shaped-herb side of the nation, and thinks that pure science and technology is what makes Wakanda great, and should be considered paramount. So she creates a synthezoid, like the Vision, but using Wakandan technology and Vibranium in it's construction. It doesn't need to have freaky powers (like phasing or even flight or energy zaps), but can merely be a thousand times stronger and smarter and tougher, and significantly faster, than a human, making it an absolute unstoppable terror in a fight. Reactions like Spider-Man, strength like Thor...

On the other hand, a mystical or mutant-powered team of Wakandans, some members of tribes other than the Panther tribe, could also be fun. A mutant priest-magician who summons darkforce 'panthers,' for instance, or a member of the River tribe who can animate and control waters, and transport herself or entire groups to anywhere along a river's edge by touching the water (everyone gets a blurry sensation of movement along the river's length, but is effectively teleported).

Carnage. Nuff Said
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

The Puma

A miniseries starring Thomas Fireheart as he fights against forces seeking to steal his people's land and artifacts.

American Eagle

Discusses racism, poverty and Native American tribes. Starring Jason Strongbow.

Heroes For Hire

Starring Misty Knight, Colleen Wing, Felicia Hardy and Maria Vasquez.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post

I'm glad I could inspire you in that regard. Liking what I'm seeing so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I like the idea of a Wakandan science-based character who in some ways rejects the mystical Bast-worshipping heart-shaped-herb side of the nation, and thinks that pure science and technology is what makes Wakanda great, and should be considered paramount. So she creates a synthezoid, like the Vision, but using Wakandan technology and Vibranium in it's construction. It doesn't need to have freaky powers (like phasing or even flight or energy zaps), but can merely be a thousand times stronger and smarter and tougher, and significantly faster, than a human, making it an absolute unstoppable terror in a fight. Reactions like Spider-Man, strength like Thor...

On the other hand, a mystical or mutant-powered team of Wakandans, some members of tribes other than the Panther tribe, could also be fun. A mutant priest-magician who summons darkforce 'panthers,' for instance, or a member of the River tribe who can animate and control waters, and transport herself or entire groups to anywhere along a river's edge by touching the water (everyone gets a blurry sensation of movement along the river's length, but is effectively teleported).
    I like those ideas, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The Puma

A miniseries starring Thomas Fireheart as he fights against forces seeking to steal his people's land and artifacts.

American Eagle

Discusses racism, poverty and Native American tribes. Starring Jason Strongbow.

Heroes For Hire

Starring Misty Knight, Colleen Wing, Felicia Hardy and Maria Vasquez.
    Bringing back the Civil War-era Heroes for Hire? Sweet!
    The spider is always on the hunt.

characters:
    Blade
    Black Panther
    Blue Marvel
    Monica Rambeau
    Storm
    War Machine
    Misty Knight
    If I just described 'Black Avengers', so be it.

Daughters of the Tiger

Follows Angela and Ava after they lose the White Tiger powers and mantle and how they deal with that.

Wild Pack

Silver Sable, Amelia Chen, Prowler, Rocket Racer, Sandman and Darkstar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post

Bringing back the Civil War-era Heroes for Hire? Sweet!
    The stories could have been better but I thought it was an interesting line up.