Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    I'm not sure that canon IS canon anymore though. You have Bendis and King who just seem to pick and choose whatever they want so that kind of opens up everything. Anything can be canon it seems. This is a poor way to write a coherent and connected universe but that does not appear to be a concern for anyone at DC these days.

Sadly DC continuity is whatever these days which is just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    In theory, New52 Teen Titans shouldn't have happened, because Superman Reborn makes that New52 Superboy and his adventures never existed. This was mentioned in Superboy profile in DC Universe app.

Of course, Lobdell doesn't want to erase his Teen Titans, so he will put Bunker in continuity and mention he was teammate of Tim. Even although this could be contradictory with Young Justice (where Tim never mention another team).

If you want to fit both comics, I guess you can say Tim and Miguel were teammates, but it wouldn't be New52 Teen Titans adventures.
    Stuff like Bunker a character from the new52 TT turning up and mentioning that team one can't ignore that.Are we going to say that all those issues of RHATO with Bunker never happened or is out of continuity? There are stuff that we can 't just ignore. Reborn did 't scrap the new52 as a few of you here believe.

DC continuity is a mess. It would be better if one can say that Tim and Miguel were TT in another TT but that needs to be set up by a writer. I thought that was what bendis was going to do [ie clean up the Yj4 and Tim's continuity] but nope.

As it is Bunker's presence makes that run a thing that happened.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Stuff like Bunker a character from the new52 TT turning up and mentioning that team one can't ignore that.Are we going to say that all those issues of RHATO with Bunker never happened or is out of continuity? There are stuff that we can 't just ignore. Reborn did 't scrap the new52 as a few of you here believe.

DC continuity is a mess. It would be better if one can say that Tim and Miguel were TT in another TT but that needs to be set up by a writer. I thought that was what bendis was going to do [ie clean up the Yj4 and Tim's continuity] but nope.

As it is Bunker's presence makes that run a thing that happened.
    You can ignore that, since Lobdell's RHATO would be the only that mention or include this. It's obvious Bendis isn't including New52 Teen Titans in his continuity.

As it is New52 Superboy never existing makes that run a thing that can't happen.

I remember that, in New52, Barbara and Dinah said they had known each other for quite some time in Batgirl, but Birds of Prey showed us that they met recently. Sometimes you have to choose a continuity, when the writers contradicts each other.

You're right that continuity is a mess.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-12-2019 at 04:11 AM.

Extraordinary Member

You can ignore that, since Lobdell's RHATO would be the only that mention or include this. It's obvious Bendis isn't including New52 Teen Titans in his continuity.

As it is New52 Superboy never existing makes that run a thing that can't happen.

I remember that, in New52, Barbara and Dinah said they had known each other for quite some time in Batgirl, but Birds of Prey showed us that they met recently. Sometimes you have to choose a continuity, when the writers contradicts each other.

I hate everyone wants to do whatever they want, rather then work In a universe

I am a Red hood fan not so much a Superman fan so to ask me to ignore the title I am following in favour of one that I'm not is a big thing.

Especially since the issue Miguel was in set up and reveal very important things for Jason and for the bat family.

But that's just me personally I'm sure others will choose the continuity that suits them best

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I hate everyone wants to do whatever they want, rather then work In a universe
    I can understand the need to do whatever they want when some characters are so messed up. Bendis would be required to do extra work and go into detail explaining away the new52 TT's so he just side stepped. Anyone who's using Tim would need to clarify and rewrite a bunch of stuff which is likely why Bendis and Tynion just did surface level tidy and ignored a lot of the deeper mess.
    #
    No one's willing to sort it out especially when even DC doesn't seem to know what it wants to do with it's continuity.