Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    He didn’t live at the manor (at least not until he got his father killed), and Tim as Robin actually operated away from Batman more then he did next to Batman. He operated much like Babs Batgirl did. His situation was far more similar to Babs then it was to the other Robins. Bruce wasn’t responsible for making sure he brushed his teeth before bed, or did his homework, or picked him up from school or any of the mundane things that parents are responsible for like he became with Dick, Jason, or Damian. Teaching them cool Kung fu moves and giving them fun toys isn’t what made him a father to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And let's be honest...Alfred handled the mundane stuff .
    I agree that Alfred is likely the most responsable for mundane things.

If "making sure he brushed his teeth before bed, or did his homework, or picked him up from school or any of the mundane things that parents are responsible" is neccesary for Bruce being a father figure, I really doubt Bruce is father for other Robins apart from Damian (and I'm not so sure he makes all these things for Damian).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Bruce and Tim were shown together as frequently as Tim was off on his solo adventures as Robin. They were attached at a hip in a way we usually never see with Batgirl outside media adaptions where she's his main sidekick. Tim was pretty frequently with Bruce and in the Batcave.
    Curiously, in the current continuity, Barbara as Batgirl (before Killing Joke) doesn't seem so independent from Batman.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-10-2019 at 06:23 PM.

Wait....this whole time, Tim's parents have been alive (or his Dad, at least)? I had no freakin' idea. That makes the whole "Father" thing even weirder XD

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Wait....this whole time, Tim's parents have been alive (or his Dad, at least)? I had no freakin' idea. That makes the whole "Father" thing even weirder XD
    Tim's parents were said to be in witness protection during the New 52. I have no idea if that's canon anymore.

Yet still far enough where Bruce couldn't say ground him or enforce any real parental authority.
    I think he did the equivalent as Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I agree that Alfred is likely the most responsable for mundane things.

If "making sure he brushed his teeth before bed, or did his homework, or picked him up from school or any of the mundane things that parents are responsible" is neccesary for Bruce being a father figure, I really doubt Bruce is father for other Robins apart from Damian (and I'm not so sure he makes all these things for Damian).
    Alfred is Bruce's employee. He acts on Bruce's behalf, but that doesn't change that Bruce held those parental responsibilities. Either he did them or made sure some one was there to do them. Bruce had no parental authority or responsibility for Tim, and he never had to do those things and had no right to do those things. At least not until they got Tim's father killed, which by then Tim was pretty much raised. To pretend Tim situation was the same as Dick, Jason, or Damian's just waters down their situation, and ignores what made Tim's situation different and less convenient.
    I feel bad for Jack. Batman was cooler, and Tim didn't hesitate to call himself Tim Wayne, so he get remembered and portrayed as a hindrance. Poor dude. Its not right that Bruce gets to steal that from him, and IMO its not something Bruce earned. He did not raise Tim like he did Dick, wanted to with Jason, and should be doing with Damian.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-10-2019 at 07:39 PM.

Astonishing Member

Alfred is Bruce's employee. He acts on Bruce's behalf, but that doesn't change that Bruce held those parental responsibilities. Either he did them or made sure some one was there to do them. Bruce had no parental authority or responsibility for Tim, and never had to do those things. At least not until they got Tim's father killed, which by then Tim was pretty much raised.
    I don't see Bruce as Tim's father, while I think Bruce is a father for Jason.

However, I don't accept that Bruce is a father only because the Robins were young when they came to his life (even when Bruce leaves all the mundane responsibilities of father to Alfred).

I don't think Bruce is a father for Tim, because he (even in Pre-Flashpoint continuity) didn't see Bruce as a father. Tim only used the last name for a certain formality,
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-10-2019 at 07:36 PM.

Your completely oversimplifying Bruce's contribution to the others. For example, Dick did not come into Bruce's life. Bruce came into his, after Dick had lost everything. He made sure he had a home, made sure he got a basic education, and had all the things a child needs. If he didn't do the mundane things, which he in addition to Alfred Bruce did do, he made sure someone was there to do them. He took that responsibility on for Dick, after Dick had no one to do that for him. Bruce came to Dick at the worst time in his life and saved him, and stepping in for the parents Dick no longer had. Thats what made Bruce like a father to Dick. And this is what Bruce wanted to do for Jason, and was doing till Jason died and they were robbed of it. This is not the same situation as Tim. Who had a father in his life to do all that and didn't need Bruce to save him from being alone.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-10-2019 at 08:09 PM.

Your completely oversimplifying Bruce's contribution to the others. For example, Dick did not come into Bruce's life. Bruce came into his, after Dick had lost everything. He made sure he had a home, made sure he got a basic education, and had all the things a child needs. If he didn't do the mundane things, which he in addition to Alfred Bruce did do, he made sure someone was there to do them. He took that responsibility on for Dick, after Dick had no one to do that for him. Bruce came to Dick at the worst time in his life and saved him, and stepping in for the parents Dick no longer had. Thats what made Bruce like a father to Dick. And this is what Bruce wanted to do for Jason, and was doing till Jason died and they were robbed of it. This is not the same situation as Tim. Who had a father in his life to do all that.
    But I think Bruce still had as much of an impact on Tim as his dad there since he was there to emotionally support Tim and be there for him in his other life as Robin.

So Tim has two dads just like the other Robins (even Damian with Dick) .

Bruce formally adopted Tim after his father died. So legally, Bruce is now Tim's father.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Bruce formally adopted Tim after his father died. So legally, Bruce is now Tim's father.
    That was in the old continuity. Bruce himself says tim is his ward in RebirthTec so never adopted. Rebirth Tec also referenced Dick fin ding Tim's parents. I thought you were a Tim fan you should read Tec to catch up

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Tim's parents were said to be in witness protection during the New 52. I have no idea if that's canon anymore.
    That story was referenced in the same title that referenced Tim old origin which is considered canon so his folks being alive is also canon. Though why are they in WP? Bruce looks better since he's not encouraging a kid to lie to his folks but rather his folks gave him permission since they are compromised.

I just wish we would get m ore of that story.

Rebirth started before Superman Reborn happened, and the beginning of the Tec Rebirth run was still operating under the N52 continuity. Then Superman Reborn happened, and A Lonely Place of Living re-established Tim's pre-N52 origin.

I don't recall Dick finding Tim's parents in Rebirth Tec; did it happen before or after A Lonely Place of Living? If before, there's a good chance it no longer counts.

(Personally, I hope it does; killing off Tim's family was one of the worst bits of vandalism against his character, and something he's never quite recovered from. Bringing them back into his life would be great.)
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 09-11-2019 at 10:55 AM.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Rebirth started before Superman Reborn happened, and the beginning of the Tec Rebirth run was still operating under the N52 continuity. Then Superman Reborn happened, and A Lonely Place of Living re-established Tim's pre-N52 origin.

I don't recall Dick finding Tim's parents in Rebirth Tec; did it happen before or after A Lonely Place of Living? If before, there's a good chance it no longer counts.
    Nope that was before but the part where we found out that bruce never adopted him was after ALPOL.
    Wre also know that the events of Red Robin didn't happen thanks to metal.

Superman Reborn affected stuff in Superman universe not in the batman universe. The nu52 still happened for most of the batfamily members Reborn didn't change anything. After Rebirth tec ended and way after jon kent was aged up so more than a year after Superman Reborn & ALPOL we learnt that Tim was still a team mate of bunkers so his new 52 still happened mate.

I get fans trying to pick and choose what ideal what version we like but canon is canon.

Even pre flashpoint Tim never considered Bruce he's dad. They never had that type of relationship not even close. I recall Tim giving Bruce a fathers day present but much like the Bruce calling Tim ward and Tim calling him father it's off and clearly isn't mutual.
    Last edited by dietrich; 09-11-2019 at 11:05 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Nope that was before but the part where we found out that bruce never adopted him was after ALPOL.

Superman Reborn affected stuff in Superman universe not in the batman universe. The nu52 still happened for most of the batfamily members Reborn didn't change anything. After Rebirth tec ended and way after jon kent was aged up so more than a year after Superman Reborn & ALPOL we learnt that Tim was still a team mate of bunkers so his new 52 still happened mate.

In theory, New52 Teen Titans shouldn't have happened, because Superman Reborn makes that New52 Superboy and his adventures never existed. This was mentioned in Superboy profile in DC Universe app.

Of course, Lobdell doesn't want to erase his Teen Titans, so he will put Bunker in continuity and mention he was teammate of Tim. Even although this could be contradictory with Young Justice (where Tim never mention another team).

If you want to fit both comics, I guess you can say Tim and Miguel were teammates, but it wouldn't be New52 Teen Titans adventures.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-11-2019 at 08:57 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

I get fans trying to pick and choose what ideal what version we like but canon is canon.

Even pre flashpoint Tim never considered Bruce he's dad. They never had that type of relationship not even close. I recall Tim giving Bruce a fathers day present but much like the Bruce calling Tim ward and Tim calling him father it's off and clearly isn't mutual.
    I'm not sure that canon IS canon anymore though. You have Bendis and King who just seem to pick and choose whatever they want so that kind of opens up everything. Anything can be canon it seems. This is a poor way to write a coherent and connected universe but that does not appear to be a concern for anyone at DC these days.