Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Tim Drake and his "Family" (Spoilers for Batman #76)...

Is it just me or did anyone feel a bit off when Tim Drake refer to Bruce as "Our Father" when speaking to Damien in Batman #76 ?

I mean doesn't he have a family to at least see in this new timeline or at least the knowledge of the old one and seeing the new one is giving him a second chance at having an actual family again ?

I mean it makes me wonder this: Given Bruce and how he feels about parents why didn't he try to at least persuade Tim Drake away from Life in the Batman family. Whether or not Batman needed a Robin one of the reasons WHY Tim was different than those before him was that at the time HE HAD A FAMILY TO GO BACK TO. It was due to his constant time as Robin that partly played a role in his family's demise, with the keyword being PARTLY right ?

As fans of Tim Drake and his history: What do you think of this ?

I think Tim thinks of Bruce as a father but I don't think he'd call him that except under extreme duress.

I don't think DC knows what to do with Tim's actual family. It is a mess. When was the last time they actually were heavily involved in a story? Sometime in the New 52 when they did that whole witness protection nonsense?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I don't think DC knows what to do with Tim's actual family. It is a mess. When was the last time they actually were heavily involved in a story? Sometime in the New 52 when they did that whole witness protection nonsense?
    I wouldn't call it "heavily involved" but I vaguely remember them popping up in B&R Eternal so... 3-4(ish) years ago?

I'm not even sure if they're dead or alive at this point .

Incredible Member

I was more irritated that he called Bruce his father because their last interaction was Bruce hitting Tim in the face for no good reason.

To me Tim referring to Bruce as his father is like Babs referring to Bruce as her father.

I know it was likely literal, but felt very reverent to me.

"Our Father, hallowed be his name."
    Last edited by Pohzee; 09-09-2019 at 01:22 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I think that Tom King in his effort to pander to a fan base that has been very vocally hating on him for having Tim included only to be punched forgot or failed to catch up on current Tim .

Tim has no reason to think of Bruce as his father. He never has . Old Tim didn't since he had more of a professional relationship with Bruce. Bruce ended up adopting that version of Tim but he was never a father to him like he was to the other boys.

Current Tim has even less reason and unlikely to call Bruce father or think of him as such since he hasn't known him that long and his father is alive. It felt odd.
    Bruce called Tim his Ward and Tim calls him father. It was jarring and an unfortunate error from a writer who is very active on social media trying to curry favour but failing to do his actual research.

#On your 2nd point. The popular/stupid opinion is that Jason is Bruce's greatest failure but Tim is in fact Bruce's greatest failure and one of the most questionable things he's ever done.

To take a white middle class kid from a secure environment and let him fight crime in a bright costume all the while without the parents consent is nothing short of an act of villainy.

There was zero reason for Bruce to do this even the nonsense that Tim was spewing about batman needing a Robin. Batman didn't need **** aside from his son back from the dead.

Tim being Robin put him on the radar and eventually got his dad killed and set him up in world that has brought him a great deal of heart ache. eventually leading to that Tim getting so broken he stepped into darkness. Laying the foundations for Tim of Tomorrow the fascist killer.

Tim was a kid with a bight future. The kind of kid that likely would have gone on to have a satisfying average life. His future was pretty bright with no real hardships aside from parents that worked a tad too much but that's true for most. Bruce took him from that and set him on a dangerous path. It doesn't matter that Tim wanted it or that Alfred was on board Bruce being a competent adult should have said no but then we wouldn't have a 3rd Robin and DC really wanted a 3rd Robin F**K the morals or how little sense it made.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I think that Tom King in his effort to pander to a fan base that has been very vocally hating on him for having Tim included only to be punched forgot or failed to catch up on current Tim .

Tim has no reason to think of Bruce as his father. He never has . Old Tim didn't since he had more of a professional relationship with Bruce. Bruce ended up adopting that version of Tim but he was never a father to him like he was to the other boys.

Current Tim has even less reason and unlikely to call Bruce father or think of him as such since he hasn't known him that long and his father is alive. It felt odd.
    Bruce called Tim his Ward and Tim calls him father. It was jarring and an unfortunate error from a writer who is very active on social media trying to curry favour but failing to do his actual research.

#On your 2nd point. The popular/stupid opinion is that Jason is Bruce's greatest failure but Tim is in fact Bruce's greatest failure and one of the most questionable things he's ever done.

To take a white middle class kid from a secure environment and let him fight crime in a bright costume all the while without the parents consent is nothing short of an act of villainy.

There was zero reason for Bruce to do this even the nonsense that Tim was spewing about batman needing a Robin. Batman didn't need **** aside from his son back from the dead.

Tim being Robin put him on the radar and eventually got his dad killed and set him up in world that has brought him a great deal of heart ache. eventually leading to that Tim getting so broken he stepped into darkness. Laying the foundations for Tim of Tomorrow the fascist killer.

Tim was a kid with a bight future. The kind of kid that likely would have gone on to have a satisfying average life. His future was pretty bright with no real hardships aside from parents that worked a tad too much but that's true for most. Bruce took him from that and set him on a dangerous path. It doesn't matter that Tim wanted it or that Alfred was on board Bruce being a competent adult should have said no but then we wouldn't have a 3rd Robin and DC really wanted a 3rd Robin F**K the morals or how little sense it made.
    Bravo it’s post like this that makes me wonder what would happen if Tim Drake wasn’t Robin. The very fact that Alfred encouraged it was just as disgusting as Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Bravo it’s post like this that makes me wonder what would happen if Tim Drake wasn’t Robin. The very fact that Alfred encouraged it was just as disgusting as Bruce.
    Alfred letting Bruce become Batman is sketch. Alfred letting Dick become Robin is sketch. Alfred letting Tim become a Robin is sketch. Alfred allowing Bruce to stay mindwiped is sketch. Alfred letting the We are Robin kids operate is sketch. Alfred letting Dick stay Ric is sketch.

RIP Alfred. You suck as a dad despite numerous attempts for writers to show us otherwise.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Alfred is a terrible person on the low and it’s about time the fandom realized it

Empty is thy hand!

You guys are gonna deconstruct this stuff out of existence.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    If Tim weren't Robin some other kid would've come around and Bruce would have taken them under his wing. Hell, it's possible that it would have been Stephanie, since all that's necessary for her origin is that Cluemaster exists.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWayneJr. View Post
    You guys are gonna deconstruct this stuff out of existence.
    I'm pretty sure this is the best way to describe modern comics.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics