Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    If Tim weren't Robin some other kid would've come around and Bruce would have taken them under his wing. Hell, it's possible that it would have been Stephanie, since all that's necessary for her origin is that Cluemaster exists.
    At least with Stephanie it would have fit with the current trend of how the Robins are often connected to crime in a way. I mean Post Crisis Jason Todd did get started as a Robin by stealing the Batmobile Tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    To me Tim referring to Bruce as his father is like Babs referring to Bruce as her father.
    Tim at least has a far better justification for it in my opinion.

Like, all the Robins who aren't biologically related to him view Bruce as their father but they don't feel the need to have to spell it out just like Bruce and Alfred don't have to clarify their relationship.

Cause he was Robin he can call him daddy? Bruce didn’t raise Tim anymore then he raised Babs. Hell you don’t even see the Robins Bruce did raise call him father or refer to themselves as Wayne’s.

Spectacular Member

Cause he was Robin he can call him daddy? Bruce didn’t raise Tim anymore then he raised Babs. Hell you don’t even see the Robins Bruce did raise call him father or refer to themselves as Wayne’s.
    but they actually do refer to bruce as thier father just not in his presence or out loud most of the time both jason and dick has done it. post crisis all three robins had the last name wayne hypen but never used unlike tim

Quote Originally Posted by redmax99 View Post
    but they actually do refer to bruce as thier father just not in his presence or out loud most of the time both jason and dick has done it. post crisis all three robins had the last name wayne hypen but never used unlike tim
    No they didn't. Tim is the only one that did that take the Wayne name hypen crap. The writers even knew how odd it was since they went out of their way to give us some convoluted reason as to why.

To me Tim referring to Bruce as his father is like Babs referring to Bruce as her father.
    Has Barbara ever called Bruce 'father'? That would be slightly odd. I know she has called him family before but I can't remember the issue.

Astonishing Member

I don't understand how Bruce can be a father for Tim. It doesn't seem the kind of relationship they have.

Honestly, I don't think Dick and Bruce have a father-son relationship either. They are pretty close, but I see their relationship as brothers (even more when the age difference become pretty small).

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Has Barbara ever called Bruce 'father'? That would be slightly odd. I know she has called him family before but I can't remember the issue.
    Barbara has never called Bruce "father". After all, Barbara has a great and alive father (who knows what the writers would do if this was not the case).

However, some recent comics like "Batgirl and the Birds of Prey Rebirth" really wants to imply Barbara sees Batman as a father figure too.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-10-2019 at 12:21 PM.

I found it odd Tim calling Bruce their Dad but then again Damian called Tim Timothy so trhat tells you how out of character the two characters were.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I don't understand how Bruce can be a father for Tim. It doesn't seem the kind of relationship they have.

Honestly, I don't think Dick and Bruce have a father-son relationship either. They are pretty close, but I see their relationship as brothers (even more when the age difference become pretty small).

Barbara has never called Bruce "father". After all, Barbara has a great and alive father (who knows what the writers would do if this were not the case).

However, some recent comics like "Batgirl and the Birds of Prey Rebirth" really wants to imply Barbara sees Batman as a father figure too.
    It's strange to me how a lot of people are in to the idea of Bruce being a dad to everyone. The dude isn't even that good a father. The internet likes to believe that all the young uns' in Gotham are adopted kids of Bruce.

I don't like that because those same fans act like Bruce is a spectacular father. The best dad in comics which is simply not true.

Barbara has never called Bruce "father". After all, Barbara has a great and alive father (who knows what the writers would do if this was not the case).

I wonder how Bruce views Barbara? maybe as a close niece or something. She appeared in the Wayne family photo in Batman annual 3 so he must kinda view her as important.

They really should clear up how each of the bat teens view Bruce. I guess having them all view him as a parental figure is easier but it doesn't really make too much sense. Im not even sure how characters like Cass, Duke and Steph view Bruce in Rebirth.
    Last edited by Katana500; 09-10-2019 at 01:37 PM.

Really, for most of them, the ones that aren't adopted, he's more of a teacher and mentor. Would have made more sense for Tim to refer to Bruce as his teacher.

Because he lived close to Bruce at an impressionable young age and they were together far more then Bruce consistently was with Barbara. Tim essentially had two dads as much as all the other Robins (and maybe Babs did).

Dick has called Bruce his father before. I'm pretty sure he even said his father was dead after Final Crisis.
    That surprises me if only because it feels like most writers tend to downplay how Bruce and Babs relationship or how close and important they feel they are to each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    It's strange to me how a lot of people are in to the idea of Bruce being a dad to everyone. The dude isn't even that good a father. The internet likes to believe that all the young uns' in Gotham are adopted kids of Bruce.

I don't like that because those same fans act like Bruce is a spectacular father. The best dad in comics which is simply not true.
    I think some of his worst father moments can usually just be chalked up to bad writing, but I don't think it's wrong to assume that his dynamic with most of his sidekicks is parental given how overprotective and involved he gets with them and how he ends up raising most of them even when they're not his biological kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Because he lived close to Bruce at an impressionable young age and they were together far more then Bruce consistently was with Barbara. Tim essentially had two dads as much as all the other Robins (and maybe Babs did).

Dick has called Bruce his father before. I'm pretty sure he even said his father was dead after Final Crisis.
    He didn’t live at the manor (at least not until he got his father killed), and Tim as Robin actually operated away from Batman more then he did next to Batman. He operated much like Babs Batgirl did. His situation was far more similar to Babs then it was to the other Robins. Bruce wasn’t responsible for making sure he brushed his teeth before bed, or did his homework, or picked him up from school or any of the mundane things that parents are responsible for like he became with Dick, Jason, or Damian. Teaching them cool Kung fu moves and giving them fun toys isn’t what made him a father to them.

And Morrison had Dick refer out load to Bruce as his partner, but it was in things like him raising Damian like his little brother where you could see Bruce’s father like influence on him. I can’t recall him flat out calling Bruce his father, but maybe he did and I just can’t remember. But it’s still not a common thing and Dick Wayne was certainly never a thing.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-10-2019 at 05:38 PM.

He didn’t live at the manor (at least not until he got his father killed), and Tim as Robin actually operated away from Batman more then he did next to Batman. He operated much like Babs Batgirl did. His situation was far more similar to Babs then it was to the other Robins. Bruce wasn’t responsible for making sure he brushed his teeth before bed, or did his homework, or picked him up from school or any of the mundane things that parents are responsible for like he became with Dick, Jason, or Damian. Teaching them cool Kung fu moves and giving them fun toys isn’t what made him a father to them.
    He lived close enough to where the difference was negligible.

Bruce and Tim were shown together as frequently as Tim was off on his solo adventures as Robin. They were attached at a hip in a way we usually never see with Batgirl outside media adaptions where she's his main sidekick. Tim was pretty frequently with Bruce and in the Batcave.

And let's be honest...Alfred handled the mundane stuff .

Yet still far enough where Bruce couldn't say ground him or enforce any real parental authority.