Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    maybe it was for last week Jean's portrayal but I don't think it was only that.
    Sadly X-men fans dislcuss all the time and not always on good terms.
    i.didnt see any other fans complaining about the issue last week except Jean fans.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you must didnt look at Hickman's Twitter account. there were multiple self professed Jean fans attacking the guy similar to what I saw some of her fans do on Rosenberg Twitter account when they didnt like how he was writing jean.

I get it and the passion. I was equally as frustrated with Guggenheim when he wrote xmen gold. but there is a respectful way you can have dialogue and what I witnessed on Hickman's page was not respectful.
    I saw it on his twitter, no one was calling him names or being agressiv. I understand no one wants a rain of nagative comments, but it happens. I Didn't bother because I know how Hickman works, he just doesn't care

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

i.didnt see any other fans complaining about the issue last week except Jean fans.
    Maybe you're right, Jean's thread was indeed filled by complains and while I personally didn't complain, some of them had their points.

I can't believe they wrote a whole essay bitching about how people shouldn't criticize Hickman or them.........

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I saw it on his twitter, no one was calling him names or being agressiv. I understand no one wants a rain of nagative comments, but it happens. I Didn't bother because I know how Hickman works, he just doesn't care

it doesnt matter if he cares or not. this type of behavior still resonates with the community at large. there was a reason aipt decided to open up this x-Monday in the way that they did. if their behavior did not come across as aggressive and rude they would not have brought this topic up.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Maybe you're right, Jean's thread was indeed filled by complains and while I personally didn't complain, some of them had their points.
    I think it's fine to complain. I do to but we do it within our community of fellow fandom. however what I think is very inappropriate is to go and harass creative teams on their public social media accounts. it's a respectful way to get your concerns or points across without being rude.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Well...the art teases where nice...

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Well...the art teases where nice...
    lololol oh no.. you didn't enjoy the q&a??

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I can't believe they wrote a whole essay bitching about how people shouldn't criticize Hickman or them.........
    At least it was shorter than the essays people write on this site.
    "Cable was right!"

it doesnt matter if he cares or not. this type of behavior still resonates with the community at large. there was a reason aipt decided to open up this x-Monday in the way that they did. if their behavior did not come across as aggressive and rude they would not have brought this topic up.
    Really weird how they drew the line on Jean fans.

you must didnt look at Hickman's Twitter account. there were multiple self professed Jean fans attacking the guy similar to what I saw some of her fans do on Rosenberg Twitter account when they didnt like how he was writing jean.

I get it and the passion. I was equally as frustrated with Guggenheim when he wrote xmen gold. but there is a respectful way you can have dialogue and what I witnessed on Hickman's page was not respectful.

you know that's an interesting question. I believe the overwhelmingly majority of readers enjoyed last weeks issue but the anger from Jean's fans I dont think could be ignored. as I mentioned I happened to be on Hickman account and on a totally unrelated tweet people were attacking him for how Jean was portrayed. I think that introduction was much needed considering some of the behavior last week.
    LMAAAAO. Because of course, Storm's fandom is the most chill and respectful. Not like you were all complaining about Duggan and Marauders before the book is even out just because Storm wasn't the leader. Not like you don't accept anything but Storm being portrayed as an ultimate uber-powerful goddess. Not like y'all constantly bully Alexandra Shipp.

Just say you're happy that it's someone else's character/fandom getting thrown under the bus rather than yours instead of coming here with this hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I don't know why they picked four questions about future books and one question about the space thing that no one can answer on the spot when they can only pick nine questions.
    https://twitter.com/chrisahassan/sta...845891587?s=21

snoop he’s coming for you

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Snoop's too powerful. rip Hassan.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Really weird how they drew the line on Jean fans.
    Hmmm. I wonder which fanbase was the most vocal since 4th September, 2019.

LMAAAAO. Because of course, Storm's fandom is the most chill and respectful. Not like you were all complaining about Duggan and Marauders before the book is even out just because Storm wasn't the leader. Not like you don't accept anything but Storm being portrayed as an ultimate uber-powerful goddess. Not like y'all constantly bully Alexandra Shipp.

Just say you're happy that it's someone else's character/fandom getting thrown under the bus rather than yours instead of coming here with this hypocrisy.
    yikes
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    well **** chris sorry bruh i didn't mean to come at you like dat

you know it's all good between us, you know i stan no ships because i have no soul

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Just say you're happy that it's someone else's favorite character/fandom and not yours instead of coming here with this hipocrisy.

Now this is what I like. Why do people like to justify or distract from their behavior (not you specifically but generally) by pointing to other people? Alex Shipp had nothing to do with what happened last week, Duggan and the Marauders had nothing to do with last week. Jean dying and her fans attacking the xoffice creative team did. Instead of trying to point fingers own your behavior and do better as Monet told Jean.

As far as hypocrisy, I've acknowledged that I complain and that there is nothing wrong with that. It's how you go about making your frustrations known that is the issue. Let me tell you the difference sweetie in how you go about making your frustrations known since you want to call me a hypocrite. When I didnt like how the xoffices wrote storm, I wrote a respectful letter to the xoffices, created a respectful petition and encouraged others to sign it, reached out to creative teams in their dm respectfully challenging them to explore certain areas of storm they have not, and I even met with Guggenheim in person to discuss my perspective on how I think Ororo should be written. I WOULD NEVER encourage people to disrespect a real person over a fictional character, no matter how passionate I am. So please before you call me a hypocrite get your facts by checking my credentials boo, and DO BETTER !!!! That is for anyone who thinks harassing people is a way constructive way to get a message across.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-09-2019 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Hmmm. I wonder which fanbase was the most vocal since 4th September, 2019.
    Pretty sure that spirit means that other fandoms have always done the same and they didn't say anything but now that it's Jean fans they decide to make this whole call out bullshit.