Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

-eyes all the discussion going on.-

Art's good.

-exits-

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    -eyes all the discussion going on.-

Art's good.

-exits-
    I think some here should take this as some advice.

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    I think some here should take this as some advice.
    Zack Snyder for sure could have used that advice.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Damn they might as well pleaded the 5th instead of answering with these non answers. Art was nice though.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Oh lord. Someone is gonna get banned next Monday. I'll probably just avoid the site for the day.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    You know you are one of my fave posters here. But if you were vampire slayer, Vampires would be extinct. Even those with a soul. lol
    lmfao awww that had my rolling when I first read it. you are too sweet and you are one of my faves too. our resident storm artist!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    This was an X-Men Monday about Storm. Whatever Jean fans were doing shouldn't even have been brought up on this article and thread. Weren't you the one who disliked the idea of bringing up unrelated subjects as "a distraction"?
    you must have missed the entire intro of the xmen Monday talking about just that; Jean grey's fans behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    Where does the writer of the article mention Jean and her fans' behavior? I don't see any mention of Jean except for the blurb at the beginning about her and Scott and Logan all dying.

Since it was a Storm-focused Q&A, it's actually more likely that the writer was talking about Storm fans and some of the questions that they sent in.
    Chile no one was ranting about storm last week other than to say how badass ashe has been and this was her first time appearing.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Neither Storm or her fans are responsible for referencing Jean Grey or her fans in this article. It's still an article about Storm, though. Are you seriously suggesting Storm fans keep their opinions to themselves regarding an article about her? Would you say that to Jean Grey fans, my friend?
    please hello and thank you!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    [I have no fucking idea how to post properly sized images on this website so just pretend skeptical Kermit the Frog is here]

I have nothing against Jean these days, but back in the '90s - hoo! Forget it, homey. She was an absolutely intolerable perfect goddess, AFAIC. I couldn't stand her and her big-ass hair. I still don't think she hung the moon, but I'm fine with her today after what I felt was better handling in the early 2000s and a long break. Her fans vary.

That being said, as to the larger topic: The way fans of characters overall seem to approach the comics, fan wars, whatever today on some forums seems utterly alien and extreme to me a lot of the time. I can't analyze some stuff to death that way or talk about panel count, how many lines, whatever. There's just no good to come of that.

I think the circuit of behavior can be toxic for both fans and staff, and if they're both feeding into and playing off each other online that's far worse and more unprofessional for staff, IMO. I have to imagine that whatever we think of when we think of editorial hypothetically sitting around ripping on the fans has to get 100x worse if they're, like, lurking here nonstop and monitoring dedicated fan threads. I can't imagine a good reason to do that, because seeing only the most extreme behaviors manifest regularly breeds contempt. That's not fair to saner fans (who are also in those threads!) and it's not fair to the characters, anymore than it's fair for fans to trash the writers lock, stock and barrel and weave insane conspiracy theories. I don't work in the industry but I knew folks who did at the Big Two back in NYC, and I work in entertainment. You have to keep a layer of distance and rational perspective for yourself, IMO. You can never please everyone - this forum proves that - but you shouldn't let that conflict bleed into the work.

I think the X-Office is doing the best they can these days, which definitely wasn't always true. I also think fans can sometimes do better.

(and yeah Alexandra Shipp does get bullied lol)
    And that's why I appreciate that HiX-Man so far hasn't gotten entangled in the inanities of and from the readership. And going by his terse and direct responses, at least he's showing great common sense by keeping his head down and focusing on what he's being paid to do. As he should. The fandom...even the ones offering"constructive criticism"...can be toxic.

AIPT guy: I gonna united the fandom
    *hours later*
    AIPT guy: ooops

good intention

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah, AIPT is. And butterfly is applauding the writer for "rightfully reprimanding them" on the article. Which I don't think it's the case, because imo this shouldn't have been brought up. And it was bringing that up on something that had nothing to do with it that started the mess on the thread, not the fact that I replied to something that was already being discussed. That's basically what I'm saying on the comment you quoted.

I never told anyone to keep their opinions. I just(in my first post here) argued that the opinion expressed was hypocritical, and(on the one you quoted) that it was funny how they claimed my comment was "unrelated", but had no problem with an actually completely unrelated subject being on the article.
    No, I understand the points you've made. As mentioned previously they serve as nothing but distraction and obfuscation of the message the article made. It specifically references passionate fans. The ones that take it a little too far. As you and other fans have already pointed out, there were fans who approached the incident with a lighter touch. As with the situation that you brought up with Shipp, yes, there were some passionate fans that went completely over the line. On the same token, there were also very calm fans stating points plainly. You made no mention of those fans the same this article made no mention of Jean's calmer fans. I'm curious as to why you even brought it up? Were you expecting Storm fans to condemn that behavior right here and right now just so we can all acknowledge that some fans clearly take things a bit too far? The article said what it said and you're upset, why now?

BANNED

*whispers* Pssssst! The reason Jordan didn't have much to say about Storm is due to the lack of editorial interest in the character. Been that way for tens of years for Storm and just about the same antagonism*indifference toward Jean too, for that matter. Expect more effort&excitement at the X-Monday dedicated to...nevermind. *whispers*

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    *whispers* Pssssst! The reason Jordan didn't have much to say about Storm is due to the lack of editorial interest in the character. Been that way for tens of years for Storm and just about the same antagonism*indifference toward Jean too, for that matter. Expect more effort&excitement at the X-Monday dedicated to...nevermind. *whispers*
    I agree. I just didn't want to be the one to say it. He had enough time to listen in but not answer the questions? Riiiiiiight.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I agree. I just didn't want to be the one to say it. He had enough time to listen in but not answer the questions? Riiiiiiight.
    I had a community college professor tell me "what's already known need not be said", but I've often found that just isn't true. Notice that Jordan and Hickman also noped out of the Jean Grey X-Men Monday, while people are here having faction wars. I been peeped game.

I had a community college professor tell me "what's already known need not be said", but I've often found that just isn't true. Notice that Jordan and Hickman also noped out of the Jean Grey X-Men Monday, while people are here having faction wars. I been peeped game.
    It was pretty telling. And people here thinking that editorial is a fan LOL

thats definitely an untrue statement by the professor. there are many things that go unsaid that need to be. I noticed it as well. Probably easier to send in the interns when they have "difficult" interviews rather than being put on record saying something they can't take back.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Yeah convenient that Storm's X-Monday of all characters is the time Chris uses it to post his rant, then the editor nor current big writer does the X-Monday for her. But he'll have time to come back to answer questions on Morrison's mess. lol Next week will be lit. lol