Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Between Hassan condescendingly talking to Jean fans like they’re children, Jeansus v Hadari Yao fandoms warring, and getting this good Storm art despite nothing of value in the interview, this is probably one of the best X-Mondays so far.

X-Stans: Hero vs. hero stories?! Yuck!

Also X-Stans:

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Between Hassan condescendingly talking to Jean fans like they’re children, Jeansus v Hadari Yao fandoms warring, and getting this good Storm art despite nothing of value in the interview, this is probably one of the best X-Mondays so far.
    Oop. When you're right, you're right. I'm not sure what Alexandra Shipp or Storm has to do with this discussion, but I'm curious. What are the fandoms fighting about this time?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

He Forgives you.
    oh I totally missed this lololol... I didnt know Jean goes by jeansus I love it lol.

yess for the beyonce reference.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Remember X-Position?
    https://www.cbr.com/tag/x-position/

We even had full pages revealed(before the short-lived revival). Gone but not forgotten.

BANNED

Remember how every X-Position discussion thread had people complain all the answers were bad and the only the new art was good?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    X-Stans: Hero vs. hero stories?! Yuck!

Also X-Stans:

soap opera theatrics and dissertation essays over shipping and “ooc writing” fuel our self-destructive hypocrisy. it’s like a snake eating itself but the snake is constantly growing.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Oop. When you're right, you're right. I'm not sure what Alexandra Shipp or Storm has to do with this discussion, but I'm curious. What are the fandoms fighting about this time?
    i think the timeline goes like:

1) marvel publishes hox4, jean fans think she isn’t being written well
    2) some fans are more vocal about their dislike, the seeds for the x-twitter vs cbr war continue being planted
    3) a certain interviewer claps his hands and says it’s “high horse” time!!!
    4) ????
    5) conflict

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    oh I totally missed this lololol... I didnt know Jean goes by jeansus I love it lol.

yess for the beyonce reference.
    I didn’t come up with it but that’s how ppl were referring to her during Red and I just love that name so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Remember how every X-Position discussion thread had people complain all the answers were bad and the only the new art was good?
    If I have to be serious and actually say things I prefered on X-Position, I liked that it was always focused on a specific book with it's writer. And even though there were always vague answers, you could kinda deduce what the writer meant(like, if you asked if a character was gonna appear and they said "Hm, well, I think that like, you know..." that was an obvious "No, Hellion will not appear on ANW, stop asking for it!!!!).

soap opera theatrics and dissertation essays over shipping and “ooc writing” fuel our self-destructive hypocrisy. it’s like a snake eating itself but the snake is constantly growing.

i think the timeline goes like:

1) marvel publishes hox4, jean fans think she isn’t being written well
    2) some fans are more vocal about their dislike, the seeds for the x-twitter vs cbr war continue being planted
    3) a certain interviewer claps his hands and says it’s “high horse” time!!!
    4) ????
    5) conflict

I didn’t come up with it but that’s how ppl were referring to her during Red and I just love that name so much.
    yea it's really cute I like it. duly noted lolol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    You just write the same things over and over again after I already explain what I meant. I'm not trying to distract anything. I just think it's ironic for people to condone some kind of behavior and then later condemn the same thing when it doesn't feel personal to them. So yeah, that's it. If you're mad that I brought something up as comparison and to point out your comment as hypocrisy... That's too bad for you I guess. But I did it and trying to dismiss that as "You're creating a distraction!!!" doesn't really refute my arguments.

...And the hashtags are really cringy.

I don't really think current editorial loves Jean as much as people think they do though. I'm not saying they hate her or even dislike her. They like her well enough, she's just not anyone's favorite. And I mean literally, cause I don't think any of the current writers has ever named Jean as their favorite character.

I think that the real reasons people are upset is that 1st, people think that because she got Red she is a super privileged character, whe imo that was honestly just an expected thing to do for a major character who stayed dead for over a decade. And 2nd cause the criticism was towards Hickman, who is adored by everyone, rather than some low level like Guggenheim.
    Really? With all that promotional art she was on i was starting to think someone was mildly obsessed. I think Jean for the most part is a universally loved character. Personally i can't think of a reason why anyone would dislike Jean other than jealously in regard to their fave but thats just me. I'm really trying. She's never been offensive, she doesn't really come off as a Mary Sue. She's like a universally universal character.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

To comment about the art for a change. She looks just like Rihanna on those:

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Really? With all that promotional art she was on i was starting to think someone was mildly obsessed. I think Jean for the most part is a universally loved character. Personally i can't think of a reason why anyone would dislike Jean other than jealously in regard to their fave but thats just me. I'm really trying. She's never been offensive, she doesn't really come off as a Mary Sue. She's like a universally universal character.
    Well, I see a lot of people saying she comes off as a Mary Sue. But I do agree she's a mostly liked character. I just said she's not any writer or JDW's favorite character, so I don't think she has special privilege right now. I do think artists like her though, which would be why she gets so many covers and stuff.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 09-09-2019 at 12:10 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    To comment about the art for a change. She looks just like Rihanna on those:
    What a beautiful smile. It fills me with hope. Now I believe HOX will have a happy ending
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 09-09-2019 at 12:15 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    What a beautiful smile. It feels me with hope. Now I believe HOX will have a happy ending
    that's a good way to look at it. lol

BANNED

Me, entering the forum ten minutes ago: wow, I totally forgot X-Monday! And it already has five pages? Wow. Did White reveal some great art or was something he said such a controversial answer? Oh, it's the Storm one... And they're fighting the Jean fans?

Things get wild when I'm away.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    That Storm suit would be perfect if the "X" were a little lower, like a belt buckle.

In the belly it looks like the button of a toy.
    I would've preferred it on her shoulders
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Me, entering the forum ten minutes ago: wow, I totally forgot X-Monday! And it already has five pages? Wow. Did White reveal some great art or was something he said such a controversial answer? Oh, it's the Storm one... And they're fighting the Jean fans?

Things get wild when I'm away.
    Every thread is a Jean thread and also a Morrison thread
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 09-09-2019 at 12:29 PM.