Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Pretty sure that spirit means that other fandoms have always done the same and they didn't say anything but now that it's Jean fans they decide to make this whole call out bullshit.
    Exactly. Everyone else, no one complains. When it is Jean fans being respectiful is the end of world

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Now this is what I like. Why do people like to justify or distract from their behavior (not you specifically but generally) by pointing to other people? Alex Shipp had nothing to do with what happened last week, Duggan and the Marauders had nothing to do with last week. Jean dying and her fans attacking the xoffice creative team did. Instead of trying to point fingers own your behavior and do better do Monet told Jean.

As far as hypocrisy, I've acknowledged that I complain and that there is nothing wrong with that. It's how you about making your frustrations known that is. Let me tell you difference sweetie since you want to call me a hypocrite. When I didnt like how the xoffices wrote storm, I wrote a respectful letter to the xoffices, created a respectful petition and encouraged others to sign it, reached out to creative teams in their dm respectfully challenging them to explore certain areas of storm they have not, and I even met with Guggenheim in person to discuss my perspective on how I think Ororo should be written. I WOULD NEVER encourage people to disrespect a real person over a fictional character, no matter how passionate I am. So please before you call me a hypocrite check my credentials and please DO BETTER. That is for anyone who thinks harassing people is a way constructive way to get a message across.
    I'm not trying to distract or anything. I only mentioned similar behavior as a reference. I do acknowledge that Jean fans """""attacking""""" the X-office happened, if by attacking you mean we were extremely disappointed with her characterization and were vocal about it, in the same way other fandoms have always done. I don't think I was disrespectful, cause in no moment did I attack Hickman. Did I read what everyone else said? No. But I'm pretty sure that whatever it is, other fandoms have done the same to other creators.

And no, I'm not saying that YOU, specifically, has been a bully to other creators or actors or anything. But I am saying that other people in Storm's fandom have done so, and you didn't come here all self-righteous saying "I'm so glad they're calling out Storm fans for their bad behavior, what they were doing was unacceptable" like you did in this thread in regards to Jean fans. So I stand by my opinion that you're being a hypocrite.

Pretty sure that spirit means that other fandoms have always done the same and they didn't say anything but now that it's Jean fans they decide to make this whole call out bullshit.
    Marvel hates Jean! They must be Scemma Stans.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I'm not trying to distract or anything. I only mentioned similar behavior as a reference. I do acknowledge that Jean fans """""attacking""""" the X-office happened, if by attacking you mean we were extremely disappointed with her characterization and were vocal about it, in the same way other fandoms have always done. I don't think I was disrespectful, cause in no moment did I attack Hickman. Did I read what everyone else said? No. But I'm pretty sure that whatever it is, other fandoms have done the same to other creators.

And no, I'm not saying that YOU, specifically, has been a bully to other creators or actors or anything. But I am saying that other people in Storm's fandom have done so, and you didn't come here all self-righteous saying "I'm so glad they're calling out Storm fans for their bad behavior, what they were doing was unacceptable" like you did in this thread in regards to Jean fans. So I stand by my opinion that you're being a hypocrite.
    What does similar behavior have to do with that AIPT writer specific references to behavior from last week?? It has nothing to do with this discussion so that is a distraction, whether you want to acknowledge that or not. If this were storm fans being catty and nasty I would call them out but this introduction to this article wasnt about storm fans attacking the Maruaders creative team or Alex Shipp. You brought that up to make me appear as though I was being hypocritical in my charges and you simply failed at that.

That being said, you cannot say you that I'm coming in here with hypocrisy and then say you are not talking to me specifically. What then am I being a hypocrite about ? You dont know what I've told other storm fans about attacking writers and creative team. In fact, this morning I had to tell a storm fan not to go " Jean fan" on aipt for this article that told us nothing nor answered any of our questions. So your opinion (which isnt based in fact) means nothing to me, and I say that respectfully.
    #dobetter
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-09-2019 at 11:05 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

LMAAAAO. Because of course, Storm's fandom is the most chill and respectful. Not like you were all complaining about Duggan and Marauders before the book is even out just because Storm wasn't the leader. Not like you don't accept anything but Storm being portrayed as an ultimate uber-powerful goddess. Not like y'all constantly bully Alexandra Shipp.

Just say you're happy that it's someone else's character/fandom getting thrown under the bus rather than yours instead of coming here with this hypocrisy.
    Well. lol. If i were one of those types this post would have had me finger wagging. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

As the the X-men Monday aside from the art i don't really feel we learned anything. Jordan didn't do the answering. The assistant didn't really say much. If this isn't a reboot of X-men then i just don't get all the extreme vaugeness. Could have just given an art dump. The questions in this case did seem kind of pointless as well but that's mainly cause none of them got a answer.

But all that said that's a lot of Storm panels so i'm a happy campy for the future.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

What does similar behavior have to do with that AIPT writer specifically references behavior from last week?? It has nothing to do with this discussion so that is a distraction. If this were storm fans being catty and nasty I would call them out but this introduction to this article wasnt about storm fans attacking the Maruaders creative team or Alex Shipp. You brought that up to make me appear as though I was being hypocritical in my charges and you simply failed at that.

So how cannot say you that I'm coming in here with hypocrisy and then say you are not talking to me specifically. What then am I being a hypocrite about ? You dont know what I've told other storm fans about attacking writers and creative team. In fact, this morning I had to tell a storm fan not to go " Jean fan" on aipt for this article that told us nothing. So your opinion (which isnt based in fact) means nothing to me, and I say that respectfully.
    #dobetter
    "What does similar behavior have to do"... What? It's called a comparison? Reference? Analogy(though that one maybe not in this situation)?

I am talking about you specifically when it comes to being self-righteous about other fandoms when yours does the same too and it didn't seem bother you. Not when it comes to you specifically being the one to make those attacks. I see how you're trying to act like I'm backtracking, but I'm not. You can look back on my first reply and see that when I said that, I generalized it as "the storm fandom" and "y'all".

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Marvel hates Jean! They must be Scemma Stans.
    I know you're just trolling, but just to clarify I'm talking about the X-Men Monday guy, not Marvel.

And I don't think he dislikes Jean, just that he, like most people on X-Men twitter, like to eat up every single thing that the X-Office puts out and thinks any fan who dislikes anything are all evil haters.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 09-09-2019 at 11:06 AM.

"What does similar behavior have to do"... What? It's called a comparison? Reference? Analogy(though that one maybe not in this situation)?

I am talking about you specifically when it comes to being self-righteous about other fandoms when yours does the same too and it didn't seem bother you. Not when it comes to you specifically being the one to make those attacks. I see how you're trying to act like I'm backtracking, but I'm not. You can look back on my first reply and see that when I said that, I generalized it as "the storm fandom" and "y'all".

I know you're just trolling, but just to clarify I'm talking about the X-Men Monday guy, not Marvel.

And I don't think he dislikes Jean, just that he, like most people on X-Men twitter, like to eat up every single thing that the X-Office puts out and thinks any fan who dislikes anything are all evil haters.
    If i were to ponder i would say people went after Jean fans because a lot of writers and editors love Jean. If Jean fans are turning her into a turn off for the writer that is writing her then i can see others who love her jumping in like "slow your roll you could be affecting future jean stories." Where as other characters they don't really care to that level so if they fans get crazy they just turn on the petty.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Between Hassan condescendingly talking to Jean fans like they’re children, Jeansus v Hadari Yao fandoms warring, and getting this good Storm art despite nothing of value in the interview, this is probably one of the best X-Mondays so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    well shit chris sorry bruh i didn't mean to come at you like dat

you know it's all good between us, you know i stan no ships because i have no soul

He Forgives you.

And I don't think he dislikes Jean, just that he, like most people on X-Men twitter, like to eat up every single thing that the X-Office puts out and thinks fans who dislike it are all evil haters.
    And your reference was a distraction from the topic at hand which was SOME Jean fans were unnecessarily being rude to writers and creative teams hence why AIPT had to put the long disclaimer in this issue of the article. You know this is what the AIPT article was in reference to, as well as I do, yet you chose to bring up what Storms fans are doing to distract from this by saying I am a hypocrite without even knowing the full scope of how I engage with other storm fans. You came into this discussion without all the facts because you felt a certain way. Were you one of the Jean fans who insulted Hickman? Why do you feel the need to distract from the topic of this AIPT article to give your opinion of me being a hypocrite?

How is it self righteous of me to comment on the statements the AIPT team made in their article? The more you explain your reasoning for attempting to make me sound like a hypocrite the more you sound like a hit dog. And you know the saying about hit dogs right?

#dobetter
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

You should re-read Wiccan's post on page 3.
    "Cable was right!"

And your reference was a distraction from the topic at hand which was SOME Jean fans were unnecessarily being rude to writers and creative teams hence why AIPT had to put the long disclaimer in this issue of the article. You know this is what the AIPT article was in reference to, as well as I do, yet you chose to bring up what Storms fans are doing to distract from this by saying I am a hypocrite without even knowing the full scope of how I engage with other storm fans. You came into this discussion without all the facts because you felt a certain way. Were you one of the Jean fans who insulted Hickman? Why do you feel the need to distract from the topic of this AIPT article to give your opinion of me being a hypocrite?

How is it self righteous of me to comment on the statements the AIPT team made in their article? The more you explain your reasoning for attempting to make me sound like a hypocrite the more you sound like a hit dog. And you know the saying about hit dogs right?

#dobetter
    You just write the same things over and over again after I already explain what I meant. I'm not trying to distract anything. I just think it's ironic for people to condone some kind of behavior and then later condemn the same thing when it doesn't feel personal to them. So yeah, that's it. If you're mad that I brought something up as comparison and to point out your comment as hypocrisy... That's too bad for you I guess. But I did it and trying to dismiss that as "You're creating a distraction!!!" doesn't really refute my arguments.

...And the hashtags are really cringy.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    If i were to ponder i would say people went after Jean fans because a lot of writers and editors love Jean. If Jean fans are turning her into a turn off for the writer that is writing her then i can see others who love her jumping in like "slow your roll you could be affecting future jean stories." Where as other characters they don't really care to that level so if they fans get crazy they just turn on the petty.
    I don't really think current editorial loves Jean as much as people think they do though. I'm not saying they hate her or even dislike her. They like her well enough, she's just not anyone's favorite. And I mean literally, cause I don't think any of the current writers has ever named Jean as their favorite character.

I think that the real reasons people are upset is that 1st, people think that because she got Red she is a super privileged character, whe imo that was honestly just an expected thing to do for a major character who stayed dead for over a decade. And 2nd cause the criticism was towards Hickman, who is adored by everyone, rather than some low level like Guggenheim.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 09-09-2019 at 11:25 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    At least it was shorter than the essays people write on this site.
    Right??? sheesh....

You just write the same things over and over again after I already explain what I meant. I'm not trying to distract anything. I just think it's ironic for people to condone some kind of behavior and then later condemn the same thing when it doesn't feel personal to them. So yeah, that's it. If you're mad that I brought something up as comparison and to point out your comment as hypocrisy... That's too bad for you I guess. But I did it and trying to dismiss that as "You're creating a distraction!!!" doesn't really refute anything I said.

...And the hashtags are really cringy.
    It doesnt matter what you intended to do. It matters what you actually did. Again, what does storm fans behavior in the past have to do with this AIPT article ? Absolutely nothing. Your only point was to make me look like a hypocrite. That's it. Own your behavior, dont shy away from it because your opinion wasnt based in fact.

Now don't get my posts wrong I'm not mad honey, people I dont know dont have that type of power over me. However, all I'm saying is if you are going to come at me with the "self-righteous" and "hypocrisy" claim at least know what you are talking about first in regards to MY BEHAVIOR. That's why I gave you a brief history lesson of the things I have done because you personalized this by attempting to convey to everyone reading here I'm a hypocrite. Lastly, if you find my posting style cringy then please before you accuse me of being something at least get your facts straight regarding my behavior with writers and/or storm fans.

#dobetter
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-09-2019 at 11:32 AM.