Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

If someone is far enough, they could try and smack Smith with a Black Hole Grenade, or try and use the Infinity Gauntlet to vanish him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Pretty well known in our universe, not necessarily in theirs.
    Yeah...no. Saying the Disney movies don't exist in their universe is one thing, saying that a centuries-old folk tale that's been had numerous adaptations across all kinds of media is quite another.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Yeah...no. Saying the Disney movies don't exist in their universe is one thing, saying that a centuries-old folk tale that's been had numerous adaptations across all kinds of media is quite another.
    Across all kinds of media in our universe. Even here, I'm sure there people around the world who have no idea who Aladdin is.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I mean Trouble Man, Galaga, Point Break, The Big Lebowski, Flash Gordon, Star Wars, Alien, Adele, Mary Poppins, every musician on Starlord's mix tape, Hoffman, and AC/DC all exist in the MCU. I don't think Aladdin is that much of a stretch.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I mean Trouble Man, Galaga, Point Break, The Big Lebowski, Flash Gordon, Star Wars, Alien, Adele, Mary Poppins, every musician on Starlord's mix tape, Hoffman, and AC/DC all exist in the MCU. I don't think Aladdin is that much of a stretch.
    Now I'm curious about the original ancient story and how drastically different it is from the movies. Unless we are going to the point of assuming the Robin Williams and Will Smith Aladdin movies exist in the DCEU and MCU. But we could assume they have a decent knowledge of what a genie is. Maybe they saw the 1960s Hanna-Barbera Shazzan Saturday morning cartoon. Or I Dream of Jeannie. They certainly would know the Genie has some sort of object it is linked to and that possessing it gives them control of the Genie. Does that just leave Will Smith without the powers of the Genie and *just* the powers of Hancock and the tech of Agent J?
    Power with Girl is better.

As long as someone can play magic interference for him, Superman should be able to take this.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Now I'm curious about the original ancient story and how drastically different it is from the movies.
    IIRC, the folk tale is pretty clear on the genie of the lamp obeying whoever has the lamp. I don't believe there's three wishes though, the genie of the lamp just does whatever.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Spectacular Member

The original story is pretty different. As mentioned, no 3 wishes, it's just that you have a super powerful genie if you control the lamp. And Aladdin actually had a second genie, the genie of the ring as well, and the vizier and the evil sorcerer are two separate people, plus other stuff like Aladdin's mother being in the story.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowedeyes View Post
    The original story is pretty different. As mentioned, no 3 wishes, it's just that you have a super powerful genie if you control the lamp. And Aladdin actually had a second genie, the genie of the ring as well, and the vizier and the evil sorcerer are two separate people, plus other stuff like Aladdin's mother being in the story.
    And also he's Chinese.

At any rate that still leaves hundreds upon hundreds of adaptation upon which Disney is based on.

I'm thinking Smith is going down.

Hancock does have a weakness, if another of his kind if close, he loses his powers. I'm going to go with Tony Stark is smart enough to figure that out and make some kind of clone so Hancock's powers are nullified.
    Genie powers, nullified by Dr Strange, and is Constantine around?
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    I'm thinking Smith is going down.

Hancock does have a weakness, if another of his kind if close, he loses his powers. I'm going to go with Tony Stark is smart enough to figure that out and make some kind of clone so Hancock's powers are nullified.
    Genie powers, nullified by Dr Strange, and is Constantine around?
    Unless specified there is no prep so that wouldn't apply. Also, Tony does not know of the weakness (don't think it counts as common knowledge) and has no feats to create superpowered clones.