Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    This is pretty awesome! I’m a big fan of Taylor and I’m glad he’s getting another high profile book. Plus this lineup has some D list villains which is very reminiscent of Ostrander’s run. Freaking Zebra Man! Gail made Catman cool but this will be an even bigger challenge. Having these lesser known characters probably gives Taylor a ton of freedom. Still, I wish Bronze Tiger was included.

It would be cool if the team was just scrubs and it had the full “anyone can die at any moment” vibe, but at the end of the day they need to sell comics and Harley and Deadshot can bring in the casual fan.
    I may have to give this one a shot for the cavalier alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Roster seem rather blah.
    They’re all pretty much Batman villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Who do you think the white haired lady is? Could she be Magpie?
    White hair, sunglasses, that black outfit...I'm 99% sure that's Magpie.
    And the guy with the sword? Cavalier?
    Also pretty sure that's Cavalier.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Is Harley really that much of a draw though? She’s selling below Flash, Green Lantern, Superman, and Wonder Woman, but you don’t see them EVERYWHERE. Movies don’t move comic sales.
    its possible that she sells well digitally and/or in trades.

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    SS is in active production and getting entertainment coverage. With this comic likely launching in December, it will have been a year long since the movie and the trades could be marketed properly.
    Now that suggests a level of forethought that I've never seen a comic company display in regards to movie tie ins.

Why Marvel thought people would leave "Infinity War" and go pick up Infinity Countdown #1 instead of just the Infinity Gauntlet trade, I'll never know. Or pick up Civil War II #1 after seeing Civil War. Etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Now that suggests a level of forethought that I've never seen a comic company display in regards to movie tie ins.

Why Marvel thought people would leave "Infinity War" and go pick up Infinity Countdown #1 instead of just the Infinity Gauntlet trade, I'll never know. Or pick up Civil War II #1 after seeing Civil War. Etc etc
    Probably the best thing to pick up for Gunn's Suicide Squad will be Ostrander trades...none of which feature Harley, ironically enough .

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Is Harley really that much of a draw though? She’s selling below Flash, Green Lantern, Superman, and Wonder Woman, but you don’t see them EVERYWHERE. Movies don’t move comic sales.
    REALLY?????????????????????

They are seen EVERYWHERE & IN EVERYTHING.

And comic book sales dictate very little.

Whose fault is it cartoon/movie Cyborg is 1000+ better than his comic book version?
    Whose fault is it a show like Black Lightning is on the air but his daughters are entering year 10 of being MIA in comics?

NOT everyone is going to a comic book store if they see Harley in a movie. They are going to Barnes & Nobles. Especially those who have seen how HORRIBLE comic book fans can act. Especially thanks to those gators.

Harley is in those books for the same reason Batman is WHORE out-it ASSURES that trade has shelf space at places like Barnes & Nobles & libraries.

The only problem with that is that after a few years of it people got really tired of Deadpool books and sales started to tank, and DC seems to have forgot that.
    No they haven't. They don't CARE.

See when it's Black Panther, Dr Strange & Aquaman expanding-folks have no trouble YELLING about it. Especially if they leave 1-4 unsold copies of Shuri or The Others.

Harley, Batman, Deadpool & Logan don't get those complaints. Despite the fact their unsold piles are larger.

I meant specifically in the comics. You don't see Green Lantern getting multiple YA and mature standalone novels. You don't see Flash on multiple team books simultaneously.

Her popularity in other media ensures that she will continue to get TV shows and movies that do well. That I understand. But doesn't seem to be true of the comics.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)