Default Ideas for Wonder Woman animated series?

With next year being Wonder Woman sequel and other more often Diana has appeared in animated series. What idea would you want for a Wonder Woman series? I really would like a Perez or golden age-based one

Season 1: Follows the Perez run and features the Kapatelis, Steve and Etta.

Season 2: Features Donna's adoption by the Amazons and her adventures with Diana.

Season 3: Introduces the Sandsmarks and has Zeus as the main antagonist.

Season 4: Follows the Jiminez run.

Season 5: Follows the Rucka run.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Season 1: Follows the Perez run and features the Kapatelis, Steve and Etta.

Season 2: Features Donna's adoption by the Amazons and her adventures with Diana.

Season 3: Introduces the Sandsmarks and has Zeus as the main antagonist.

Season 4: Follows the Jiminez run.

Season 5: Follows the Rucka run.
    Will the regulars from each season still be regulars for the next season - big changes in featured cast is a turnoff on shows for me. Same for timeskips.

Also, what age range would you like to target?

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Will the regulars from each season still be regulars for the next season - big changes in featured cast is a turnoff on shows for me. Same for timeskips.

Also, what age range would you like to target?
    I'm not quite sure tbh.

Maybe the teens and young adult ages.

I think Young adults would be good. What style of artwork could work?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

BTAS and Spectacular Spider-Man are pretty much the gold standards for me as far as superhero cartoons go, so I'd want to boil Wonder Woman down to the bare essentials and build it up from there the way they did. That's harder to do with her considering Diana is far less consistent than even Bruce and Peter, but it shouldn't be impossible. I think the serialized story telling from Spec would be a better model for Diana.

I'd try to go for a fusion of Marston and Perez/Rucka. So we'd have technologically advanced Amazons who primarily worship Aphrodite and Athena, but using Perez's Amazons (plus some additional faces like Mala, Althea, Nubia and Io). Artemis may be on the island from the start to avoid some of the problematic elements of the Bana. Just have one tribe and increase the visibility of non-white Amazons. So when the Amazons do appear, provide bigger roles for Philippus, Nubia, Euboea and give Artemis a darker skin tone the way Paquette and Jimenez do. Wonder Woman cannot fly for at least the first season, using the Swan Plane instead, but gains the power in one of the later seasons. Maybe the plane gets destroyed before hand.

No chronological origin story. Much like the two aforementioned series', references and flashbacks to the origins would happen throughout the show. From the start, Wonder Woman is already established and operating out of Washington D.C. The main locations include A.R.G.U.S headquarters and Holliday College. Diana aids Steve, Phil Darnell and the Oddfellows in dealing with metahuman threats, and lectures at Holliday College, where Etta leads her sorority group. Her main supporting cast are Steve, Etta, Darnell, Ferdinand and Barbara Minerva. The first season would revolve around her encountering many of her mortal supervillain foes like Dr. Psycho and the various members of Villainy Inc, some of whom are being empowered/manipulated by Ares and his kids. For the season finale arc Barbara becomes the Cheetah.

For the second season, I'd have Donna travel to Man's World to become Wonder Girl, and Julia and Vanessa are introduced. Julia teaches at Holliday college and takes over Barbara's role as an A.R.G.U.S consultant, and Donna interacts frequently with Vanessa and her friends. The major villains introduced in season 2 would be Circe, Veronica Cale, Dr. Cyber and the Silver Swan (Alexandros). Many of the female villains from season 1 are brought under Cale's leadership to form Villainy Inc. There is build up to the return of the Amazons, who would have a more regular role in season 3. After having fleshed out the Amazons and the supervillains, late season 3/season 4 would put more emphasis on fleshing out the Olympians.

For art style, even though it is outdated and probably too expensive, I'd love something like BTAS or Gargoyles. Albeit with a much brighter color palette. Spectacular's art style might work as well since it animated more smoothly and lends itself to fight scenes better, which Wonder Woman really benefits from.

I would love to see more outdated villans. Like Mouse Man being updated or Earl or Greed.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    BTAS and Spectacular Spider-Man
    For art style, even though it is outdated and probably too expensive, I'd love something like BTAS or Gargoyles. Albeit with a much brighter color palette. Spectacular's art style might work as well since it animated more smoothly and lends itself to fight scenes better, which Wonder Woman really benefits from.
    I would do it from the first season art style. Since all, it's more realistic yet still unique. After that, I really didn't care for it a lot of the women somewhat looked all the same.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 09-10-2019 at 04:51 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I would love to see more outdated villans. Like Mouse Man being updated or Earl or Greed.

I would do it from the first season art style. Since all, it's more realistic yet still unique. After that, I really didn't care for it a lot of the women somewhat looked all the same.
    Do you mean BTAS?
    Because I agree, it looked way better in the original series, at least when the budget allowed it to be animated properly. TNBA definitely has "Contest Sequel" status with me, it may have been easier to animated but it just wasn't the same. Very few of the character design overhauls were improvements save for Scarecrow and Batgirl, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Do you mean BTAS?
    Because I agree, it looked way better in the original series, at least when the budget allowed it to be animated properly. TNBA definitely has "Contest Sequel" status with me, it may have been easier to animated but it just wasn't the same. Very few of the character design overhauls were improvements save for Scarecrow and Batgirl, IMO.
    Yea. BTAS. I didn't care for the changes. I disliked the Joker's redesign. I did like how they fused the two in the other Animated series. The question is what costume do we go with? The original, YJ, War or something else? I don't like the shoes
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 09-10-2019 at 05:46 PM.

Have the Greek Gods be regulars, Have a different Cheetha for every season, fight magical monsters every 2 or 3 episodes.

I wonder. Most people know Barbara best. She is the most fleshed out. Unless they are working together