Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED
    Last edited by GreenScar1990; 10-07-2019 at 10:41 PM.

BANNED
    Last edited by GreenScar1990; 10-07-2019 at 10:41 PM.

BANNED

Genndy Tartakovsky: ‘I want to be the best’
    The creator of Samurai Jack, Dexter’s Laboratory, and the new series Primal on reaching for Miyazaki-like respect

https://www.polygon.com/2019/10/7/20...jack-interview

This is a really great interview. I definitely recommend checking it out!

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Much like Tartakovsky's other works, Primal's first episode is a treat of visual storytelling, spoilers:
    The protagonist rubbing away the cave painting of his family especially hit me hard.
    end of spoilers, with the added bonus of no hold barred brutality in its savage setting. I really enjoyed it and look forward to watching the rest of the show.

hmm. Is Mr. Tartakovsky working on Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Eh. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Kirby's Moon Boy & Devil Dinosaur comics were an influence on this show. Also the old Hanna-Barbara Dino Boy cartoon.

Anyway, great show. And Tartakovsky has achieved his goal of creating a protagonist who speaks less than Jack, lol.
    Believe it or not, none of it is inspired by or derived from Moon Boy & Devil Dinosaur. It's proven in all of the interviews with Genndy Tartakovsky regarding the series. He's taken inspiration from Prehistoric life, Conan the Barbarian, Tarzan, etc. but still kept Primal an original show.

Anyway, it is a truly great series. Love the emotional bond and connection shared by Spear & Fang. It's rare to actually care about characters within a 1-3 episodes, but damn if Genndy Tartakovsky didn't succeed!

Episode 2 so far has been the weak link for me but I do appreciate that Fang and Spear weren't instant buds. Episode 3 brought back that balance of how awesome and tragic this violent setting can be.

Man!! What a show!!!

Watched episodes 2 and 3 today and love it. Episode 1 completely blew me away and I really felt for these characters. The animation, music, visuals, it’s all top notch.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

BANNED

Episode 3: A Cold Death was very emotional and extremely well done.

Yes, it had a lot of great action, but it's the emotional aspects and scenes that I really enjoyed. It's interesting to know that Spear does not take pleasure in killing anything, only doing so for food or survival. It was quite captivating watching the Mammoths mourn for their dead, and how Spear managed to reason with the herd. Plus, it was good to see Fang show genuine concern for Spear when she thinks he's lost in the blizzard or when they're battling the herd. Incredible stuff by Genndy Tartakovsky!

Episode 4: Terror Under the Blood Moon was a true adrenaline rush!

Wow! It was intense and loaded with action! I loved how clever Fang was when she managed to find a way to get into the lair of the Giant Bats (and her previous, humorous attempts to scale the towering peak were very amusing). I equally enjoyed seeing Spear use a Triceratops horn to kill the monstrous Spider. Not to mention luring the Giant Bats towards the tall grass so that they can be slaughtered by the hordes of Raptors!

I'm loving everything about this series! Hope we'll get more seasons down the road!

damn I'm like 7 minutes in, not a word spoken, and it's already got a brutal origin. Tatakovsky is once again proving he's a master at his craft.

edit: This series hates cute things lol

1 episode in, not one word spoke, absolutely hooked.
    Last edited by Kusanagi; 10-12-2019 at 07:55 PM.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

BANNED

The Rage of the Ape-Men, the 5th episode and mid-season finale of Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal was the most violent, action-packed, bloody, incredible and awesome thing I've seen in any form of series or films in quite a long time! 10 minutes in the episode and it would appear that Spear and Fang are going to finally get the chance to enjoy the beautiful scenery and relax. Of course, we knew it would be too good to be true.

It went from the peaceful beauty of nature to Fang & Spear being captured by a cult of ape creatures, them witnessing an all-out brutal battle to the death between Gorilla-like Titan Ape Champions, and then Fang being on the receiving end of a dominant, potentially fatal pummeling by one of the Titan Apes with Spear going the distance to protect his beloved friend. The battle that follows is quite simply The Hulk on a warpath level devastation!

And that emotional cliffhanger... Damn!!!

I want more episodes and seasons of PRIMAL!

Now!!!!

Sadly, we'll have to wait until sometime in 2020 for the season to continue.

Bravo, Mr. Tartakovsky. You managed to get me deeply hooked on this series, enjoy all the episodes, love and care about the characters, and do what few shows, animated or live-action, are capable of doing by keeping me at the edge of my seat and infinitely entertained.

Episode 4 I enjoyed the levity as well as seeing our protagonists form simple but good plans. Awesome visuals like the rest of the series

Episode 5, wow, I wasn't expecting that in a good way. spoilers:
    Seeing Fang endure everything she has so far including last episode's Spider thrashing with the spider being the Hulk and Fang being Loki, being sandwiched between two Wolly mammoths, etc. made me feel that she was the toughest dino ever, which was actually in service to show how powerful the ape and the effects of their enhancing oil/syrup/jelly/whatever it was are.
    end of spoilers The violent action gets turned up a notch when we are already at 11 and still delivers an emotional gut punch. This series is fantastic and would recommend for anyone a fan of visual storytelling, savage settings, or action cartoons.

BANNED

Genndy Tartakovsky's PRIMAL to return October 4th with 5 new episodes for Season 1 and is renewed for a 2nd Season!!!

https://www.animationmagazine.net/tv...ith-5-new-eps/

Boo, can't watch this yet on Brexit Island, but looks crazy brutal. I love Tartakovsky's visual storytelling, and using moments of stillness as well as action.

BANNED

Genndy Tartakovsky's PRIMAL