Default Can Reed Richards cure The Flood?

616 Reed versus Halo's "Flood". Expanded canon allowed for Halo.

If he were to have access to Flood forms, could he cure them?

Bonus: He engages the Gravemind in philosophical debate.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

As long as it's not a relatively common form of cancer, Reed should be able to handle it just fine. The dude has used his own mind to remake the multiverse... TWICE now.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    As long as it's not a relatively common form of cancer, Reed should be able to handle it just fine. The dude has used his own mind to remake the multiverse... TWICE now.

Or permanently turning Ben Grimm back to normal.

Actually, what's his best biology feat, out of curiosity? It would be funny if that was just a consistent Achilles Heel for the dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Or permanently turning Ben Grimm back to normal.

Actually, what's his best biology feat, out of curiosity? It would be funny if that was just a consistent Achilles Heel for the dude.
    Biology and magic. His dual bêtes noirs.

I actually can’t think of any biological feats for Reed. Or for Doom, come to think of it. He’s still scarred, for example.

Stark either, but he gets closer with bio-embedded tech, such as nannites, Extremis, downloading his brain and deleting the original. And T’Challa is similarly biologically incompetent.

Messrs Wyndham, Pym, McCoy (x2), Zemo 1.0, Nemesis, Essex and... err... ‘Nur’ are the go-to guys for messing with biology.

Banner is in a kind of grey (then green, then grey again, then back to green again) area, and Langkowski is a little fuzzy.

I can’t even apologise for that last sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Biology and magic. His dual bêtes noirs.

I actually can’t think of any biological feats for Reed. Or for Doom, come to think of it. He’s still scarred, for example.

Stark either, but he gets closer with bio-embedded tech, such as nannites, Extremis, downloading his brain and deleting the original. And T’Challa is similarly biologically incompetent.

Messrs Wyndham, Pym, McCoy (x2), Zemo 1.0, Nemesis, Essex and... err... ‘Nur’ are the go-to guys for messing with biology.

Banner is in a kind of grey (then green, then grey again, then back to green again) area, and Langkowski is a little fuzzy.

I can’t even apologise for that last sentence.
    Mr. Sinister should be there as well.

Stark either, but he gets closer with bio-embedded tech, such as nannites, Extremis, downloading his brain and deleting the original.
    And cloning. And resurrecting the dead. And turning everyone in a city into perfect people and back again with an app. Stark's actually pretty up there for a guy who doesn't specialize in it.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

didn't reed shrink himself and the other fan 4 down to microscopic levels to cure their mailman's cancer or tumor or something? i remember them doing it in hickman's run but i don't know exactly what the disease was.

The only cure thing I can think of is Spider-Island where Reed used Anti-Venom to cure the spideryfying that was going on, and iirc Anti-Venom was the one doing the heavy lifting.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Mr. Sinister should be there as well.
    He’s the Essex in my post.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    And cloning. And resurrecting the dead. And turning everyone in a city into perfect people and back again with an app. Stark's actually pretty up there for a guy who doesn't specialize in it.
    Ah, most of those must be after I finished reading, so I defer to better educated people than myself.

For the cloning, are you referring to Clor / Ragnarok? Because that had a hefty dose of Skrull Pym involved.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Stark's stuff is actually ridiculous: perfecting Extremis, reprogramming his own brain multiple times including once WHILE IN A COMA, literally turning everyone in the Bay Area (San Francisco and surroundings, upwards of 6 million people) into perfect examples of humanity using an app (and some nanites, but those were his as well), etc. He downplays his own abilities there, but he's absolutely entirely top-tier.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

He’s the Essex in my post.
    Ah, missed that.