Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spectacular Member

Depending on how literally you take Ribrianne's description of that trap, it might be unbreakable by someone without love in their heart. And while 18 doesn't display much open affection, F!18 seems to be straight-up evil.

What the hell is with these necros.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    What the hell is with these necros.
    CJ Striker really likes Ribrianne and decided to look at all the threads featuring her it seems.

Is that why there's such a heavy misrepresentation of her feats?

Cuz jeeze. Chill.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Is that why there's such a heavy misrepresentation of her feats?

Cuz jeeze. Chill.
    Hey Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh , sorry for not understanding your post but do you mean why their are so many Threads on Ribrianne or do you mean something else?! Please verify, Thanks.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I mean, stop reviving threads that have been inactive for months; when there's nothing revelant to be added beyond an opinon that's heavily biased.

Arx Inosaan

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

I mean, stop reviving threads that have been inactive for months; when there's nothing revelant to be added beyond an opinon that's heavily biased.
    Well I am indeed sorry about that and how you feel about reviving old threads and I give and have due respect for all my fellow fans, so sorry that was not to your liking.

However ~~~ I will post and comment in any thread I want to on any topic I want to cause that is again my right as a fan as well to comment on what I like not matter how old or how against the grain my opinion might be. Anyone that knows me knows I go by my own path with respect to all but stay Firm in my views and beliefs, but willing to listen to other opinions to change when it is justified.

Also, I give as fair opinions as I can, but I am human so I will fumble. Yes I really Like Ribrianne but I will not over-power her cause that serves no purpose. I have been lowballing so much to be far as I can be and honest I hope that DC and other Media characters can tackle DB characters cause no matter who they are I do at times get tired of seeing DB characters being so overpowered over many other media characters.

But I am a Fan of Ribrianne and have done more research and thinking on her then most likely most like any fan would do that is devoted to their favorites, so my views will be more in standing up for her then most. But I will still give as fair and honest a opinion on them as I view that is in canon as best as can be.

I will not go with the popular view, I will go with what I find as the right and best view but still be the most fair and respect fellow fan as I can be.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 05-31-2020 at 06:05 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Well I am indeed sorry about that and how you feel about reviving old threads and I give have due respect for all my fellow fans, so sorry that was not to your liking.
    Most people here abouts, including the mods, frown upon Thread Necromancy without a good reason, IE: new feats that can be brought to discussion. Implying it's just my issue is what we call a 'strawman'.

However ~~~ I will post and comment in any thread I want to on any topic I want to cause that is again my right as a fan as well to comment on what I like not matter how old or how against the grain my opinion might be. Anyone that knows me knows I go by my own path with respect to all but stay Firm in my views and beliefs, but willing to listen to other opinions to change when it is justified.
    I don't disagree.

Unfortunately for you, your opinion means nothing in this particular part of the website.

Also, I give as fair opinions as I can, but I am human so I will fumble. Yes I really Like Ribrianne but I will not over-power her cause that serves no purpose.
    So, what you did here, wasn't you over-powering her? Because you were, despite evidence provided by other posters proving the opposite of what you were attempting to claim was the case. It was also, and this is important, ignoring board rules.

Even ignoring all of that however, your mischaracterization of Ribrianne's character is fascinating. How is she the paragon of peace and love, when in her very first appearance she murders two people for no reason other than questioning whether or not she's fit to compete.

Even says, she's "punishing them ". How does that even wash with what your opinion is?

Quite frankly it doesn't.

Nor does the fact that Universe 2 was required to compete in the Tournament. That they were even required to means that they lacked a sufficient Mortal Level. Which means that not only was her universe lacking in overall power, collectively; but it was also lacking in development and progress. One could even make the argument, based on the behavior of Ribrianne and others we see, that their morality was flawed.

I have been lowballing so much to be far as I can be and honest I hope that DC and other Media characters can tackle DB characters cause no matter who they are I do at times get tired of seeing DB characters being so overpowered over many other media characters.
    What you say you're doing, and what you've done are in conflict. I mean, you're contradicting yourself between sentences at this point. "Ribrianne is not overpowered, but boy am I tired of DB characters being overpowered." Let's try to keep this consistent, friend.

But I am a Fan of Ribrianne
    We are very aware.

and have done more research and thinking on her then most likely most like any fan would do that is devoted to their favorites, so my views will be more in standing up for her then most. But I will still give as fair and honest a opinion on them as I view that is in canon as best as can be.
    I'm a massive fan of Thor. By the rules of this board, in a standard fight without stipulations like equalized speed, he gets beaten to death by Superman 10/10. This is contrary to my opinion of how the fight should go, but is in concordance with their high-end feats consistent with their presentation.

You have not done this for Ribrianne, and attempts by you to shift the narrative and imply that you have done this is acting in bad-faith.

I will not go with the popular view, I will go with what I find as the right and best view but still be the most fair and respect fellow fan as I can be.
    Unfortunately this doesn't matter.

While you are on the Comic Book Rumbles forum, you will follow the rules (pinned to the top, and clearly labeled). Unless you can provide sufficient evidence to support your claims, or sufficiently argue a justification for your opinion; it doesn't really matter what you think for the purposes of the threads you're reviving.

Arx Inosaan

I think we can go ahead and close this one.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.