Default Merged Sentry vs Classic Odin

The recent black-haired, red suit healed version of Bob vs the classic "Skyfather of skyfathers" version of Odin.

Fight 1: the Arena

Fight 2: New York

Fight 3: Asgard

Standard rumble settings where applicable

Who wins?

Good question. I myself would like to see what the new "Sentry" can do when he cuts loose.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Hmmm ... has the merged Sentry actually done anything since his debut storyline ended?

I kinda presumed there would be bigger plans for him since then ....

Honestly, the next time he shows up, if ever, odds are really solid they'll have totally forgotten he's had some power up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Honestly, the next time he shows up, if ever, odds are really solid they'll have totally forgotten he's had some power up.
    I really need to dig up that quote of yours from the last time you mentioned this possibility. It was high quality lol
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Ultimate Member

Isn't Classic Odin the one shaking galaxies? Powerful as merged Sentry is, I'm not sure has anything up to that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Hmmm ... has the merged Sentry actually done anything since his debut storyline ended?

I kinda presumed there would be bigger plans for him since then ....
    The Absolute Carnage comics have reminded the guy existed for ripping in half continuity reasons. But storylines can be mapped a while on advance and Sentry is not some editorial masterplan friendly character like a Thanos, Doom, Venom or Ultron and has zero MCU crossover marketing value.

But he hadn't appeared in a dozen crossover events either by the time he returned recently, being a supporting character in Doctor Strange and then fronting a limited series again worked as best as he probably could currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Isn't Classic Odin the one shaking galaxies? Powerful as merged Sentry is, I'm not sure has anything up to that.
    Well pitching the idea that during his previous performances his inability to come to terms with the Void mentally had actually held him back, and then showing him treating a guy with his original powers more or less the way old Sentry treated Terrax back in the day, might still not have enough room to deal with the full Odin deal so far but he could at least pick a fight on better footing than I heard Thanos did once.

Astonishing Member

Bump for news.

So Sentry already returned and kept the new look as an antagonist in the Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda comic. Turns out all's not 100% well with his new form and it started to act out when he started meditating on it, subconsciously making him cover a town with a Themyscira-style cloaking forcefield and filling it with shapeshifting demons/telepathic energy storms targetting and manifesting personal nightmares.

Then Wakandavengers+Thor (the one that already got Mjolnir and I assume his mojo back) held him off long enough for Fat Cobra to focus a Deus ex machina martial art strike that spiritually-channelled the bad, monstery feelings away from him, or something. This snapped him to whatever passes for his normal now and off to space he went again, Black Panther being informed by his contacts Sentry had already accelerated to nigh-lightspeed in Earth's orbit before completelly vanishing from their systems.

Now on one hand this looks like a status quo reset waiting to happen, and individual team members were able to keep Sentry off balance (even the non-superpowered ones got ten ton SMvFL medals around their necks here). On the other hand, even in a questionable state of mind (he was unaware of what his radiating dark energies were causing all around him and alluded to internal struggling while brawling Thor), Thor was the one bleeding from being struck in their little back and forth, and Fat Cobra and Thor both noted they were all going to die if they kept fighting the guy.

And the comic stated his presentation as being reality warping capable, just this kind of finessed area effects being the kind of thing he hadn't mastered or shown yet during the Dark Avengers days when he otherwise had one of his better showings at the time (surviving and defeating Molecule Man). So we might not be dealing with a World War Hulk situation just yet. But we'll see soon enough since this comic is supposed to lead him to another (presumably bigger) story.

BANNED

I thought that Black Panther would have had him on the ropes with his famous arm lock and the Sentry revealing that he was tchaka's best friend before the mindwipe would have made everything normal but no such luck.