Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Rumor: Will Jo Mullein Replace Hal Jordan as the Green Lantern For DC Comics’ 5G?

Positives to this rumor: Confirms Far Sector story is in continuity, and Jo would be sticking around which is even better if we actually like this character and story.

Negatives to this rumor: Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp doing anything with the character after NK Jemisin and Jamal Campbell will be jarring...

Tbh, after having looked at BC's 5g tag I have no idea if Grant's 22 to 24 Lantern run is considered 1 season or 2 seasons, if it's the latter, than I (personally) don't have anything to worry about since they wouldn't be handling the character, but none of this matters if this is just a rumor so... *shrugs*
    I'm excited by the possibility, even if Grant is writing it. Though I feel like he will be off the title by the time G5 starts, cause I'm guessing it will be after the rumored Convergence 2, or maybe even the Crisis that is rumored. But who knows haha.

Also Jo is talked about in this interview for Naomi, since they have the same artist. Not much, just that they would love if they could meet.
    https://www.newsarama.com/47632-naom...ll-walker.html
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Honestly I don't see her replacing Hal and the others as an actual longterm benefit for her.

So i rather she stay in Young Animal with crossovers with the DCU optional/side dish.

Granted if Jemisen wants to create her own take on the DCU, I'm game.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Honestly I don't see her replacing Hal and the others as an actual longterm benefit for her.

So i rather she stay in Young Animal with crossovers with the DCU optional/side dish.

Granted if Jemisen wants to create her own take on the DCU, I'm game.
    I mean there's nothing beneficial to the character right now being othered away in an imprint that just died again (or as I'm sure DC will call it, on a break).

Crossovers/guest appearances are cool and all but they do and can derail stories and characters get blamed for that instead of the company and the writers.

All these images he posted for Inktober can obviously be found off of Jamal Campbell's instagram.

Last edited by kurenai24; 11-12-2019 at 05:21 PM.

Tomorrow is the day
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Campbell is killing it on art duty.

So far, the story seems really interesting and even Jo is endearing after just one issue.

However, I find that the author is doing a disservice to her story regarding one point of this world :

spoilers:
    The inhabitants of the City Enduring are supposed to feel nothing, but you absolutely don't feel -eh- it here. They're supposed to be taking a drug suppressing their emotions totally but they are so strong that they are still very emotional... That's just strange to me. I think instead of a drug making them emotionless, it would have been better to state that it just dulled their emotions. As it is, I find it jarring to have such expressive characters and being told that they feel nothing. It's especially sad because Jo doesn't feel so special, in fact she almost comes out as the less emotive of the whole lot.
    end of spoilers

Otherwise, it's spot on!
    Last edited by Korath; 11-13-2019 at 05:20 AM.