Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Any chance of this being someone from the near future? Superman said he felt temporal energy in the teleporter fields, right?

The fact that everyone in the room aside from Damian is shown to respect Superman makes me think the idea is to do a future Damian who has grown to respect him after years. That way it is Damian, but it isn't.

It would sort of "rhyme" with Jon's future related stuff. Damian underscoring how young he is, and Kate bringing up her kid made me think along these lines.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Any chance of this being someone from the near future? Superman said he felt temporal energy in the teleporter fields, right?

The fact that everyone in the room aside from Damian is shown to respect Superman makes me think the idea is to do a future Damian who has grown to respect him after years. That way it is Damian, but it isn't.

It would sort of "rhyme" with Jon's future related stuff. Damian underscoring how young he is, and Kate bringing up her kid made me think along these lines.
    While that would shut the door on the reveal being Damian stepping out of the Leviathan armor. I don't think you can discount that type of story. We've seen future Damian many many times in various stories.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Two notes from a new Bendis interview on the CBR front page:

1. A couple people have guessed on Twitter who Leviathan is, but not many.

2. There are Leviathan logos in the Kamandi section of Millennium, which is apparently much more than a random little Easter egg.
    Buh-bye

Astonishing Member

Pretty sure it's Mark Shaw, Manhunter, that is Leviathan. Just a guess but it fit since day 1 and only seems to be barreling towards that conclusion

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    Pretty sure it's Mark Shaw, Manhunter, that is Leviathan. Just a guess but it fit since day 1 and only seems to be barreling towards that conclusion
    I've grown on Superlad's Stephanie Brown theory but yeah, probably.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    I've grown on Superlad's Stephanie Brown theory but yeah, probably.
    whats the Stephanie Brown theory?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    whats the Stephanie Brown theory?
    Yeah, I never heard this theory either..

Another Event: Leviathan interview:

https://www.comicsbeat.com/who-levia...dis-interview/

Bendis flat out says it's not Lois (not that I ever really thought that it was):

So to answer your question, yes, there are clues that it’s Lois. No, it’s not Lois. Only because that would betray everything about the character, that I’m happy to say right now, no it’s not Lois.
    Also Detective Chimp isn't in this because Bendis didn't think Maleev wanted to draw a chimp!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Another Event: Leviathan interview:

https://www.comicsbeat.com/who-levia...dis-interview/

Bendis flat out says it's not Lois (not that I ever really thought that it was):

Also Detective Chimp isn't in this because Bendis didn't think Maleev wanted to draw a chimp!
    he said there was a hint at leviathan in the millennium one shot, specifically the Kamandi chapter, but I honestly can't tell what he's referring to.

Despite being an event, this seems both clean and contained. I’m really enjoying it so far. Not mind blowing, but solid.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    he said there was a hint at leviathan in the millennium one shot, specifically the Kamandi chapter, but I honestly can't tell what he's referring to.
    It’s more of an Easter Egg. The bunker Rose runs into at the end of the Kamandi section has the Leviathan emblem on it. F43F4D96-AD43-4151-A22A-A72A836B93D7.jpg

It’s more of an Easter Egg. The bunker Rose runs into at the end of the Kamandi section has the Leviathan emblem on it. F43F4D96-AD43-4151-A22A-A72A836B93D7.jpg
    Ohh good catch.

And I did like him saying Lois will continue to have a big role in the DCU.

Might not just be an Easter Egg. Supes mentions that the teleportation we’ve been seeing might also be temporal. Leviathan could be taking these people forward in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Might not just be an Easter Egg. Supes mentions that the teleportation we’ve been seeing might also be temporal. Leviathan could be taking these people forward in time.
    Yeah, I saw someone say that on Twitter and Bendis actually retweeted that. It’d be kinda ripping himself off since he had Ultron do the same thing in Age of Ultron, have his base in the future.

Maybe Leviathan is Kamandi! Or even someone like Blue Beetle who had access to Boosters time travel tech. Max Lord could work there to.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

In his latest interview Bendis said that if a character wasn't already part of the story, then it doesn't make story sense for them to be a suspect let alone Leviathan.

So, with that in mind, and looking at the fact that Oliver, Lois, Kate, Question, and even Plastic Man have all either been approached by Leviathan, or set up by Leviathan, that leaves Damian. And as Bendis puts it, "Damian's one of the wild cards" in the story. He's also the least likely simply due to his age and size.

So, I'm gonna go ahead and tipple down on my Future Damian guess. A future Damian coming back to his past and taking over the name and organization built by his mother, but using it to his own ends makes sense and keeps it in "in the family." The current Damian was the first to basically kick off this event by placing doubt on Jason. That's not to say that current Damian is in League with Leviathan, but rather that it's a twist on the age old murder mystery concept of the killer being the one to cast the first stone. Then there's Jason's comment about "daddy issues." Then there's the fact that Leviathan has said that he tried it Batman's way.

Also now his comments to Plastic Man make more sense if it's Damian. The world he was born into almost did swallow him whole, and he had to turn things around. And if it is a future Damian then he likely did fight as part of the Justice League and so on.

While time travel isn't too hard to come by in the DCU, it's just now become of greater importance to Bendis due to his Legion book, and it's possible that Damian gains the tech from a future Jon.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 09-12-2019 at 02:36 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.