Default Dark Shadows Reboot

WB is developing a Dark Shadows sequel series called Dark Shadows Reincarnation for the CW the Show Runner is a fan of the original series and Dan Curtis' daughters have signed off on it.
    https://deadline.com/2019/09/dark-sh...is-1202729676/

If it honors the original series I'm all for it big fan of the original show and original films and revival 1991 series.

As long as it takes no inspiration from the Depp movie...

Never saw the Depp movie or the original show, but I was a fan of the 90's show back in the day. I'd definately give a new version a shot if it looked good.

Retired

I was a fan of the original series, which our whole family watched every weekday, once we got cable (it was on ABC, broadcast after I'd get home from school and before we'd have dinner). None of the attempts to revive it have worked for me. I think they're best not to repeat all the stories that were told on the original DARK SHADOWS and instead introduce a later generation of the Collins family with new tales. I guess they'd want to bring back Barnabas Collins and Angelique--but I can't see any other actors taking the place of Jonathan Frid and Lara Parker in those roles. That would be like getting different actors to play Kirk and Spock--impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I was a fan of the original series, which our whole family watched every weekday, once we got cable (it was on ABC, broadcast after I'd get home from school and before we'd have dinner). None of the attempts to revive it have worked for me. I think they're best not to repeat all the stories that were told on the original DARK SHADOWS and instead introduce a later generation of the Collins family with new tales. I guess they'd want to bring back Barnabas Collins and Angelique--but I can't see any other actors taking the place of Jonathan Frid and Lara Parker in those roles. That would be like getting different actors to play Kirk and Spock--impossible.
    But new Star Trek movies?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    As long as it takes no inspiration from the Depp movie...
    I like the movie but ya I'd rather it not.

Retired

If they really do need to cast an actor in the role of Barnabas, I hope they don't cast a traditional leading man type. Jonathan Frid was an average looking actor who was more likely to play a supporting role than the lead. But playing a vampire made him an unlikely sex object. Seriously the man attracted a passionate fandom--he was in his forties and yet just as popular with teens as Bobby Sherman. I liked that both Barnabas and Julia were what would be considered unattractive by Hollywood standards of the time, but they had this offbeat romance. Give this part to an actor who never gets to be the heartthrob and see what he can do with it.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

CW worries me, because imo they've never had good romance. And I really have no wish to watch Collinwood High with a bunch of teenagers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    But new Star Trek movies?
    Like the man said-- "impossible."
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

So what does this mean for the Big Finish audios?