Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I’m sure he meant in-universe. That’s what makes sense in the context of this thread about friends. ​Nobody posting in that thread counts
    That is what i meant.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I've seen this before, what's it from?
    from world's finest 294

back story, after batman quit the jla to form the outsiders, supes n batman had a falling out which was reflected in the world's finest comic at the time. they reconciled in world's finest 300 with the teamup of jla n outsiders.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    from world's finest 294

back story, after batman quit the jla to form the outsiders, supes n batman had a falling out which was reflected in the world's finest comic at the time. they reconciled in world's finest 300 with the teamup of jla n outsiders.

Thanks for the response. I haven't explored this era of the JLA nearly enough.

That Batman/Superman missing each other so much is almost romantic...

Superman and his pal Jimmy

So Diana has no friends other than Clark? In the JLU cartoon she seemed close to Martian Manhunter.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I’m sure he meant in-universe. That’s what makes sense in the context of this thread about friends. ​Nobody posting in that thread counts
    In-universe too, the kid stud up for jon and sided with him. Saved his life also when a bunch of titans decided jon is too dangerous and should be contained. It was damian wayne and jon kent against the world. Even, clark appreciates how much damian cares for jon and clark was really pissed at the whole situation.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-12-2019 at 09:51 PM.

All-time? Thematically the DCU sprung from the World's Finest, the powerhouses - Superman and Batman. They birthed the notion of superhero fraternity - the JSA first, then eventually the JLA, and the Titans.

The next tier is GL (Hal) and Flash (Barry) - their team-ups were a big deal in the 60s. GL/GA is next - although you could argue Hawkman and Atom since it came prior.

In the Bronze Age Batman and Green Arrow became a viable friendship too. Post bronze Age, there have been so many - Beetle and Booster Gold, Wally West and Kyle Rayner etc.