Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah. There's an entire appreciation thread for him.
    I’m sure he meant in-universe. That’s what makes sense in the context of this thread about friends. ​Nobody posting in that thread counts
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Retired

Ralph Dibny and Wally West. They had each teamed up with Barry Allen first, but they were each other's second--in "Kid Flash meets the Elongated Man," THE FLASH 130 (August 1962).

Dick Grayson and Jimmy Olsen. They had their own secret headquarters and everything.

Lois Lane and Lana Lang. Even though they were rivals, they were also friends and would team up together on adventures. They were DC's answer to Betty and Veronica.

Mr. Mxyzptlk and Bat-Mite. There's always a lot of fun to be had when these two get together.

Deadman and Phantom Stranger. They've played a double act from time to time.

And there was a brief period there, in the 1940s, where the Spirit and Plastic Man were cover buddies. Too bad they never teamed up in an actual story.

Incredible Member

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think the trinity of duos that exist right below the Trinity are the backbone of the DCU. They'd be Barry & Hal, Hal & Ollie, and Hal playing third wheel with Ollie & Dinah. These four and their various interconnected relationships and genres represent everything that is awesome about superhero comics to me. The mix of personalities is a lot of fun, their backstories of failures and triumphs have real resonance, and they play off of each other perfectly.

Yeah I think that generation relies very much on that group for the very human connections. They feel so real.

Also they're more isolated, but shout out to Ray and Carter.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    I've seen this before, but what's it from?

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    I've seen this before, what's it from?

Dick Grayson and Donna Troy

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I've seen this before, what's it from?
    I believe it's from WORLD'S FINEST COMICS 294 (August 1983). A reverse search on the image led me to this blog.

I was very unhappy with WFC in the final days of the title. This attitude of writers (which predated the Crisis reboots) that Superman and Batman couldn't be friends because Batman was such a stupid freak burned my biscuits.

I can't stand it when writers let their own hang-ups intrude on just bringing the characters together and letting them have great adventures. That's what killed WORLD'S FINEST and what has killed the Batman and Superman duo since then. These are DC's two best selling characters--find a way to get them together and have them be friends--writers should be able to do that, by gosh by golly.

Blue Beetle/Booster Gold
    Orion/Lightray
    Fire/Ice
    Kyle Rayner/Wally West
    Starfire/Troia
    John Stewart/Guy Gardner
    Superman/Batman
    Superman/Wonder Woman
    Golden Age: Flash/GL/Wildcat/Hawkman

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Superman and Batman
    Hal and Barry
    Dick and Wally
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Dick and Donna

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Superman and Jimmy olsen
    Jon and damian
    Wally and dick
    Booster and beetle

There was a friendship between Mr. Terrific (Holt) and Dr. Mid-Nite (Cross) beginning in JSA, which I thought was great, but they switched focus to other things, and it got forgotten. But in my mind, they get together on quiet evenings and play three-dimensional chess.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

There was a time (Pre-Crisis) that I would say Kara Zor-El and Barbara Gordon.

It's a shame they've never revitalized that friendship over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah. There's an entire appreciation thread for him.
    In the DC forum? I'll have to put a stop to that! (Just joking.)
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.