Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    You can have more than one best friend.

She doesn’t have one.
    I know this is going to get crap, but Sue's best friend is Namor. Not oin a romantic sense, but in the sense that she knows him, likes him (not in that way), and won't put up with his crap. He will flirt and stand outside 4 yancy Street with a Atlantean boombox playing music for her, but he respects her much more than any other woman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I know this is going to get crap, but Sue's best friend is Namor. Not oin a romantic sense, but in the sense that she knows him, likes him (not in that way), and won't put up with his crap. He will flirt and stand outside 4 yancy Street with a Atlantean boombox playing music for her, but he respects her much more than any other woman.
    I can sort of see that, but it feels more like she puts up with him than really liking him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That I can think of that fit the criteria:

- Peter Parker and Johnny Storm.

- Professor Xavier and Magneto.

- Carol Danvers and Jessica Drew.

- Patsy Walker and Jennifer Walters.
    To this I would add reed and ben

Danny and Luke
    Last edited by kilderkin; 09-11-2019 at 02:04 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Ben Grimm is heartbroken. TT^TT

Who is Sues best friend ?
    I've thought it was Alicia for a long time now

Spectacular Member

For Sue, I'd consider Janet Van Dyne -- they have had interactions outside super heroics in the past.

Magik and that phasing girl from the X-Men?
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

People often saw that Matt Murdock's best friends with Peter and while I certainly agree they are good friends, I've often argued that it's really Natasha that is his best friend. If you look throughout Matt's life (outside of Foggy) there hasn't been a more consistent person in it than Natasha. Not sure if this violates the one limitation given that they were romantically connected; however, that ended in the 70's (unless you want to count End of Days) and since then they have remained close friends. Often there for each other when they need it most.

Anya Corazon & Rikki Barnes - They were friends before the formation of Young Allies.

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    People often saw that Matt Murdock's best friends with Peter and while I certainly agree they are good friends, I've often argued that it's really Natasha that is his best friend. If you look throughout Matt's life (outside of Foggy) there hasn't been a more consistent person in it than Natasha. Not sure if this violates the one limitation given that they were romantically connected; however, that ended in the 70's (unless you want to count End of Days) and since then they have remained close friends. Often there for each other when they need it most.
    I totally agree with this take. Matt and Natasha have had so many great team-ups well after their romantic relationship ended (she even played bodyguard to some of his other romantic partners, and he took it easy on a brainwashed Bucky for her sake). I'm still upset that Marvel never showed us his reaction to her death in Secret Empire, and I hope to see them in each other's books soon, as friends.

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    it's definitely not Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    It's an underappreciated and underused one:

Reed Richards and T'Challa
    This is a good one. And T'Challa and Cap, T'Challa and Cage was pretty cool under Hudlins time, they had a real good back and forth

Wonder Man & Beast
    Peter Parker & Johnny Storm
    Wolverine & Nightcrawler

Edit: I see now you made a rule they can't be on the same team. How are they supposed to meet and become close friends otherwise? Don't most friendships develop after spending time around one another?
    Last edited by Blunt Guy; 09-12-2019 at 05:45 AM.

I am NOT going to say Steve Rogers and Tony Stark! Definitely not!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Thing and Lockjaw
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

X-23 and Jubilee/Gambit