Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I would give my eyeteeth for Taika Waititi's take on Mojoworld.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Yeah, that's true. The MCU favors using the various aspects of the Marvel Comics lore to make original stories. It works a lot of the time, despite some stinkers (like setting up a fake Mandarin in IM3 just to do an extremely watered down version of the Extremis story arc).

Hmm, what stories in the comics have Fox never covered, that the MCU could borrow elements from? Maybe the Brood Saga could work, but I feel like the comes later because the X-Men facing aliens is not something you open them with.
    Lets see

Deadly genesis
    Mutant Genesis
    Inferno
    Mutant Massacre
    X-Tinction Agenda
    Fatal Attractions
    Executioner's Song
    E for Extinction(Morrison stuff)
    The Gifted(Whedon stuff)
    Second Coming/ Messiah Complex/War
    Muir Island Saga

Yeah some of those
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-11-2019 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Lets see

Inferno
    Mutant Massacre
    E for Extinction(Morrison stuff)
    The Gifted(Whedon stuff)
    Second Coming/ Messiah Complex/War
    Interesting stories to choose , only one thing. this stories cant be told that will do the comics ustice from disney perspective of making only formulaic juvenile ligh hearted movies.

MCU has 23 movies, name one movie of the 23 that can be an equivalent justice to any of those xmen stories. None so far of the 23.

all these stories are a reject of the MCU formula.

unfortunately yeah...kinda

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    If anything, Batman and Robin damaged the brand the most and that's a DC film. Because of Batman and Robin,
    You missed the point if the movie... it was all about the N&A.... Nipples and Abs
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Interesting stories to choose , only one thing. this stories cant be told that will do the comics ustice from disney perspective of making only formulaic juvenile ligh hearted movies.

MCU has 23 movies, name one movie of the 23 that can be an equivalent justice to any of those xmen stories. None so far of the 23.

all these stories are a reject of the MCU formula.
    Dude, what's your problem?

Ooh, ooh! I know a series they can totally borrow elements from, and using an awesome character Fox neglected!

Like this would be perfect for a Disney+ miniseries. They may not even have to use Wolverine in it, and but take the general premise and link Kitty Pryde to ninjas plus having a Japan-set MCU story would be cool. If not a movie, definitely a Disney+ series.
    Kitty Pryde is my all time favorite character but they may not want to do a “white American becomes a ninja in Japan (+white Canadian is the greatest samurai)” story in 2025 or whenever.

Oh but Illyana is my second favorite character and I saw someone on the miniseries poll thread say that the Magik mini would make a great movie and I totally agree. Like imagine if Illyana got aged* through a dimensional portal during the climax of an X-Men movie, and then there was a movie or Disney+ miniseries detailing her time in Limbo, and then a New Mutants movie after that. (*having her actually age from a small child to a teen might play a lot weirder in a movie than in the comics, where it’s still weird but we just roll with it. So maybe in this version she starts as a teen and doesn’t age in Limbo but has clearly...seen some stuff)

Genosha seems like really fertile ground for an X-Men movie. Also Sentinels.. and then I guess once you have those, there’s Cassandra Nova, E is For Extinction (maybe they won’t make a genocide movie either actually..huh. But lots of potential in the Morrison stuff!) Would be awesome to see them get to Krakoa/Orchis....

They didn't seem to have a problem with Clint Barton killing a bunch of Japanese yakuza, besting them in kenjutsu, dressed in a Japanese-themed costume, calling himself the Ronin...

Dude, what's your problem?
    Nothing. Just calling it I see it. read my last post on your own thread. its quite long but filled with logic, good evidence and disney's own history of what has happened when they bought other franchises. Unfortunately your top post barely had any substance to me and is hardly the reality of where the comic movies are now or what is to come.

x-men in the mcu, unfortunately like Spiderman in the MCU is a shallow narrative that will prove itself again in 3-5 years , ironic you called my post a problem. please tell me how is it a problem saying all those xmen stories are a reject of the MCU formula.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-11-2019 at 12:40 AM.

They didn't seem to have a problem with Clint Barton killing a bunch of Japanese yakuza, besting them in kenjutsu, dressed in a Japanese-themed costume, calling himself the Ronin...
    Why I always knew Clint was the least active avenger with the least screen time and never got his own solo movies because MCU has to mostly play dumb and juvenile as possible and that includes reducing the more brasher characters like Clint, so we see black widow getting a movie and not clint. X-Men is a brasher world, not just a world with brash characters. MCU world is on average a light hearted world. The world tone is not xmen. for xmen to work in the mcu, Disney has to create another universe that is more adult focused.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-11-2019 at 12:42 AM.

I will never understand why you hate shared universes so much. Oh, btw, he is headlining something...

I've actually heard fans say Clint is getting a better deal with Disney+. He's getting a six hour series, not just a two and a half hour movie.

No. FOX movies saved Marvel from bankruptcy.

Without FOX movies we would have no X-Men comics.

That's a gross oversimplification. Even if the first movie helped, I somehow doubt the same can be said for X3.

Beaddle your takes just vex me to no end. Like, the gall to open a post complaining about the lack of substance in the discussion, like, look out, enlightened guy entering the room! Totally fine and cool for you to love Matthew Vaughn and Christopher McQuarrie (I think McQuarrie is swell!) and to not like Marvel Studios’ thing, which yes is a thing, and it’s very producer driven, and homogenous in some ways and less homogeneous in others. To each their own! But the way you carry yourself like you’re advocating for high art and against drivel when in fact that is splitting the tiniest hair in the world just blows my mind. We’re all just talking about superhero movies here! That’s okay, we can like different things about them. But like... a McQuarrie or Vaughn film is just the next door down in the multiplex. No need to look down from your lofty perch and despair at all the sheep.

I sense a little bit of hypocrisy seen Disney is as bad as Fox playing favorite to some characters getting screen time.

Screen time for MCU team movies aka Avengers.

Infinity War

Thanos <29>
    Gamora <19:30>
    Tony Stark / Iron Man <18>
    Thor <14:30>
    Dr. Stephen Strange <11:30>
    Peter Quill / Star-Lord <10:15>
    Vision <9:45>
    Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet Witch <9>
    Dr. Bruce Banner / The Hulk <8:45>
    Peter Parker / Spider-Man <7:30>
    Steve Rogers <6:45>
    Rocket <6>
    Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow <5>
    Drax <4:45>
    Mantis <4:45>
    Ebony Maw <4>
    Proxima Midnight <3:45>
    Cull Obsidian <3:45>
    Corvus Glaive <3:30>
    King T’Challa / Black Panther <3:30>
    Groot II <3:15>
    Nebula <3:15>
    Okoye <3:15>
    Loki <3:15>
    Col. James “Rhodey” Rhodes / War Machine <3>
    Eitri <2:45>
    Wong <2:45>
    Sam Wilson / Falcon <2:15>
    James “Bucky” Barnes / White Wolf <2>
    Pepper Potts <1:30>
    The Stonekeeper <1:30>
    Princess Shuri <1>
    M’Baku <1>
    Secretary Thaddeus Ross <1>
    Nick Fury <1>
    Maria Hill <:45>
    Heimdall <:45>
    Taneleer Tivan / The Collector <:45>
    Ned Leeds <:15>

The Avengers (2012)
    • Tony Stark / Iron Man 31:45
    • Steve Rogers / Captain America 28:15
    • Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow 24:45
    • Dr. Bruce Banner / The Hulk 21:45
    • Loki 21:30
    • Nick Fury 18:15
    • Thor 18:00
    • Clint Barton / Hawkeye 12:45
    • Phil Coulson 9:00
    • Maria Hill 5:30
    • Pepper Potts 4:30
    • Dr. Erik Selvig 3:00
    • The Other 2:30
    • Gen. Georgi Luchkov 1:45
    • Councilwoman Malick 1:00
    • Councilwoman Hawley 1:00
    • Jasper Sitwell 0:30
    • Thanos 0:15
    • J.A.R.V.I.S.

Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
    • Tony Stark / Iron Man 27:15
    • Steve Rogers / Captain America 21:45
    • Dr. Bruce Banner / The Hulk 20:00
    • Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow 18:00
    • Ultron 16:45
    • Clint Barton / Hawkeye 15:00
    • Thor 13:15
    • Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet Witch 12:00
    • Pietro Maximoff / Quicksilver 10:00
    • Vision 6:15
    • Laura Barton 3:45
    • Dr. Helen Cho 3:15
    • Maria Hill 3:00
    • Nick Fury 3:00
    • Ulysses Klauë 2:45
    • Col. James “Rhodey” Rhodes / War Machine 2:30
    • Baron Wolfgang von Strucker 1:30
    • Dr. Erik Selvig 1:00
    • Sam Wilson / Falcon :45
    • Heimdall 0:30
    • Dr. List 0:30
    • Cameron Klein 0:30
    • Peggy Carter 0:15
    • Thanos 0:15
    • J.A.R.V.I.S. voice only
    • F.R.I.D.A.Y. voice only

Endgame
    Captain America (Chris Evans) – one hour, six minutes
    Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) – one hour, two minutes
    Thor (Chris Hemsworth) – 45 minutes
    Nebula (Karen Gillan) – 41 minutes
    Hulk (Mark Ruffalo) – 40 minutes
    Ant-Man (Paul Rudd) – 38 minutes
    Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) – 37 minutes
    Rocket (Bradley Cooper) – 36 minutes
    War Machine (Don Cheadle) – 35 minutes
    Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) – 33 minutes
    Captain Marvel (Brie Larson) – 15 minutes
    Valkyrie (Tessa Thompson) – eight minutes
    Groot (Vin Diesel) – seven minutes
    Shuri (Letitia Wright) – seven minutes
    Drax (Dave Bautista) – six minutes
    Okoye (Danai Gurira) – six minutes
    Wong (Benedict Wong) – six minutes
    Mantis (Pom Klementieff) – six minutes
    Loki (Tom Hiddleston) – two minutes

So again we see MCU also has big players in team movies. iron man, captain america, hulk. Like Fox they make exception aka gamaora and her GOTG friends in IW and Jean in DP.

Most MCU characters get more development in their own solo movies but you know what is the downside of the Avengers team movies, all the characters gets to follow a dismal generic script. that will never be considered a good xmen script. Usually one of world take over alien invasion with lots of cgi there than story.

the good xmen movie at least like X2 or DOFP actually has a compelling screenplay with a lot of serious acting from the characters that got the most screen time. Bryan Singer and Chris Claremont were not the biggest fan of first avengers film because they felt the movie had no story from an xmen perspective an they were right. and I still avengers 2012 is the best avengers movie.

Turning xmen to avengers is worse than turning spiderman to iron man. An obvious play card disney will use because disney is not interested in X-Men stories, they are interested in making more money.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-11-2019 at 01:06 AM.

Touché
    10char