Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think you are misunderstanding what I am saying. I don't think the dark tone was the one overriding issue that prevented Season 1 from working completely, it was just one more problem that kept it from being as successful as it could have been. They seem to be balancing that tone much better in the current season, but it's still early yet. They could fumble the ball again with the finale, which I think would be something the show could not recover from.

It's never an either/or situation. It doesn't have to be Teen Titans Go or as dark as the Snyderverse. Some audiences gravitate towards lighter fare, while others gravitate towards darker stuff. However, to achieve enough mainstream success that would justify larger SFX budgets or avoiding cancellation, superhero shows need to figure out how to appeal to more viewers. Nobody knows what the numbers are for Titans right now in terms of production costs, and salaries that are going to keep going up each season, but they have to keep the viewers they have and produce a better season than last if they want to generate enough positive word of mouth to bring in more. As a result, they are taking the successes and failings of the first season and course correcting a tad towards a somewhat less dour show that focuses more of the characters that viewers loved interacting with each other right away, rather than the slow burn from the early episodes with little payoff at the end.
    Okay, I think we obviously disagree on how successful this show is or even if this season is different from season 1 so I think it's best that I just say we don't see eye to eye and I'm glad you are enjoying the show now.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Okay, I think we obviously disagree on how successful this show is or even if this season is different from season 1 so I think it's best that I just say we don't see eye to eye and I'm glad you are enjoying the show now.
    Fair enough. I'm also happy that you're still enjoying the show. Here's hoping they stick the landing this time.

I feel like they coulda done this episode with Roy instead of Garth.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I feel like they coulda done this episode with Roy instead of Garth.
    Same. It wasn't bad, but Roy is the one that has had a thing with Donna. And while I really want to know what happened to Jason, I now fear for Jericho.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Same. It wasn't bad, but Roy is the one that has had a thing with Donna. And while I really want to know what happened to Jason, I now fear for Jericho.
    After this, I'm getting the impression that Jericho might've suffered consequences from the OG Titans for Deathstroke's crimes and he'll be back in the present with the usual powerset and a vendetta against everyone.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    and now he still can rather then be dead
    also its a little weird, chracters lke Hawk Dove and Robin, evade bullets so often i forget they can kill

Here we are with 3 supers 2 who can block and react bullets and he goes down

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Wally is not the wisecracking type. At least, he wasn't when he was with the Titans. That take is mostly an invention of JLU and Young Justice.
    This isn't teen titans either. They are titans. Wally can be swashbuckling flash waid wrote him as instead of kid flash. That's why i said they could do the jerk thing if they really want to reference ntt.
    Dude, i get it you love snyder's dceu. But, there were other characters in pop culture like the indiana johns.
    I hope they give him red hair.i remember reading that they made the actor who played wally in cw who had painted his hair red back to black. That's not cool. Red hair just fits wally.

I wonder if they're gonna feed Jericho up for offer instead of Grant.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

So is the idea that the Titans... killed Jericho as revenge for what Slade did to Garth?

Astonishing Member

So is the idea that the Titans... killed Jericho as revenge for what Slade did to Garth?
    Probably or their vendetta against Slade led to Jericho getting killed. Though I suspect that Jericho is alive somehow, has his possession powers and will return for revenge on the Titans and Slade.

Sort of like Judas Contract, with the Titans doing the betrayal of Jericho.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Probably or their vendetta against Slade led to Jericho getting killed. Though I suspect that Jericho is alive somehow, has his possession powers and will return for revenge on the Titans and Slade.

Sort of like Judas Contract, with the Titans doing the betrayal of Jericho.

Could be. Would be an interesting twist if the Titans deserve to be taken down by Deathstroke. Kind of difficult to redeem the elder team, or Grayson specifically, at that point, depending on how it goes down. But would definitely be different.

But I've been getting the vibes of Geoff Johns' run on Teen Titans from the first few episodes, and I'm seeing it even more after the latest episode and the Deathstroke promo. What if they've borrowed elements from the first arc of that run? In which Jericho, for some time believed dead but in reality living in the possessed body of his dad, lashes out at the Titans when they reform (this is the YJ4 version of of the Titans, pre-Infinite Crisis). He stalks the team, seriously injuring Bart, before ultimately being removed from Deathstroke and defeated. His grievance at the time? That the young heroes weren't cut out for the danger. He thought he was protecting them by trying to drive them away from the team, and the life.

Now watch that Deathstroke promo again, and tell me you can't hear a disillusioned Jericho in there. He wanted to be a hero, tried to be. Grayson told him he could be. But when the moment came he fell, and only survived by using his powers to claim his dad's body. He took 'Deathstroke' into hiding, because he's not his father. But now the Titans are back, and full of fresh faced new kids who don't know what's in store for them. And Deathstroke is the bogey man to scare them away from the path they are on.

There are still other ways this could go. It could be just a straightforward Deathstroke wants revenge plot. But it lines up so well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Could be. Would be an interesting twist if the Titans deserve to be taken down by Deathstroke. Kind of difficult to redeem the elder team, or Grayson specifically, at that point, depending on how it goes down. But would definitely be different.

But I've been getting the vibes of Geoff Johns' run on Teen Titans from the first few episodes, and I'm seeing it even more after the latest episode and the Deathstroke promo. What if they've borrowed elements from the first arc of that run? In which Jericho, for some time believed dead but in reality living in the possessed body of his dad, lashes out at the Titans when they reform (this is the YJ4 version of of the Titans, pre-Infinite Crisis). He stalks the team, seriously injuring Bart, before ultimately being removed from Deathstroke and defeated. His grievance at the time? That the young heroes weren't cut out for the danger. He thought he was protecting them by trying to drive them away from the team, and the life.

Now watch that Deathstroke promo again, and tell me you can't hear a disillusioned Jericho in there. He wanted to be a hero, tried to be. Grayson told him he could be. But when the moment came he fell, and only survived by using his powers to claim his dad's body. He took 'Deathstroke' into hiding, because he's not his father. But now the Titans are back, and full of fresh faced new kids who don't know what's in store for them. And Deathstroke is the bogey man to scare them away from the path they are on.

There are still other ways this could go. It could be just a straightforward Deathstroke wants revenge plot. But it lines up so well.
    I feel like Rose's relationship with the Titans is going to be fractured after this season, regardless of what happens. She's not going to be pleased when she learns that her brother got screwed over by the original Titans(which is what everything we've seen so far implies).

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    This isn't teen titans either. They are titans. Wally can be swashbuckling flash waid wrote him as instead of kid flash. That's why i said they could do the jerk thing if they really want to reference ntt.
    Dude, i get it you love snyder's dceu. But, there were other characters in pop culture like the indiana johns.
    I hope they give him red hair.i remember reading that they made the actor who played wally in cw who had painted his hair red back to black. That's not cool. Red hair just fits wally.
    Are you talking about Keiynan Lonsdale? He's never had red hair....and he's black and the only actor to portray Wally.
    Please Remain Calm

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Are you talking about Keiynan Lonsdale? He's never had red hair....and he's black and the only actor to portray Wally.
    wasnt wally in Smallville?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    He had saw a pick where he was painting his hair red. Then later on they said he is not going to have that.him being black is besides the point. Isn't wally supposed to be bi-racial in that show?