Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

"You know, back in the day, I burned an entire city to the ground just to see the pretty shapes the smoke made. I'm sorry your Plus One doesn't get a happy ending. But like it or not, I just saved this world because I WANT to change. Your version of 'good' is not absolute. It's vain, and arrogant, and sentimental. If you're waiting for me to become all that, I'm going to be here for a long time yet."

Missy, "Lie of the Land", from Doctor Who.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    "You know, back in the day, I burned an entire city to the ground just to see the pretty shapes the smoke made. I'm sorry your Plus One doesn't get a happy ending. But like it or not, I just saved this world because I WANT to change. Your version of 'good' is not absolute. It's vain, and arrogant, and sentimental. If you're waiting for me to become all that, I'm going to be here for a long time yet."

Missy, "Lie of the Land", from Doctor Who.
    That's actually a good one, and could apply in a lot of contexts with other (super)heroes.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

LOL. "My little green friend.."

Miss Teschmacher!!!

One of the original great villain quotes:

IAGO

Demand me nothing: what you know, you know:
    From this time forth I never will speak word.

What a dick.

Pretty much any quote by General Jack D. Ripper in Dr. Strangelove is great.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    "Jack? Jack is dead, my friend. You can call me....the Joker. And, as you can see, I'm a lot happier!"
    ---The Joker, Batman
    "Haven't you ever heard of the healing power of laughter?"

Astonishing Member

Everything Raul Julia says in Street Fighter. It's incredibly quotable.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    MISS TESCHMACHER!!!
    Fixed it for you!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

"Pirates are evil? The Navy is righteous? Those views change as often as the tides. Kids who've never known peace have different values from those who've never known war. Those who stand at the top can decide the definition of "evil". This place is the turning point. Justice will triumph, you say? Of course it will! Because the winners will become justice!" - Donquixote Doflamingo, One Piece

"Who are you talking to right now? Who is it you think you see? Do you know how much I make a year? I mean, even if I told you, you wouldn't believe it. Do you know what would happen if I suddenly decided to stop going into work? A business big enough that it could be listed on the NASDAQ goes belly up. Disappears! It ceases to exist without me. No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"
    ―Walter White, Breaking Bad

IMHO, one of the all-time greats...

Slade

Die Hard:

Holly Gennero McClane : After all your posturing, all your little speeches, you're nothing but a common thief.

Hans Gruber : I am an exceptional thief, Mrs. McClane. And since I'm moving up to kidnapping, you should be more polite.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

But my favorite:

"No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!"
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

"I loved being you. Every second of it. Oh the way you burned like a sun. Like a whole screaming world on fire. I remember that feeling. And I always will. And I will always miss it."

Missy as she was killing the Master (a past, if not the direct previous, incarnation of herself). And after she explains why ("It's time to stand with the Doctor. Today."), he shoots her in the back.

"Don't bother trying to regenerate. You got the full blast." After a mutual giggle fit: "You see, Missy, THIS, is where we've always been going. THIS is our perfect ending. We shoot ourselves, in the back."

Astonishing Member

Everybody has a plan, until they get punched in the face. (or something like that) Mike Tyson

The Joker in Batman 89: have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight ?

Ill be back

Adriaaannnn

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    "Pirates are evil? The Navy is righteous? Those views change as often as the tides. Kids who've never known peace have different values from those who've never known war. Those who stand at the top can decide the definition of "evil". This place is the turning point. Justice will triumph, you say? Of course it will! Because the winners will become justice!" - Donquixote Doflamingo, One Piece

"Who are you talking to right now? Who is it you think you see? Do you know how much I make a year? I mean, even if I told you, you wouldn't believe it. Do you know what would happen if I suddenly decided to stop going into work? A business big enough that it could be listed on the NASDAQ goes belly up. Disappears! It ceases to exist without me. No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"
    ―Walter White, Breaking Bad
    Both of those are spectacularly chilling, the first one more so because of how much the definition of justice in real life has always been in question, especially nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    IMHO, one of the all-time greats...

Slade

Indeed, Slade had great lines throughout Teen Titans.
    The spider is always on the hunt.