Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

"I wanted this to be professional, efficient, adult, cooperative. Not a lot to ask. Alas, your Mr. Takagi did not see it that way… so he won't be joining us for the rest of his life.” - The incomparable Alan Rickman's Hans Gruber, Die Hard

From the same actor: "Because it's DULL, you twit. It'll hurt more." - The Sheriff of Nottingham, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    To piggy back off that.

Erik Killmonger "Why, so you can lock me up? Nah. Just bury me in the ocean with my ancestors who jumped from ships, 'cause they knew death was better than bondage."
    Yeah he had some great dialogue. A lot of quotables.

Mighty Member

Erik Killmonger "Why, so you can lock me up? Nah. Just bury me in the ocean with my ancestors who jumped from ships, 'cause they knew death was better than bondage."

eh, I'll grant that it's a memorable line... and I guess if you considered them as 'spiritual ancestors' it makes sense... but the fact that they killed themselves suggests that they wouldn't have any descendants... and therefore could not be ancestors of anybody.

honestly, for me, it just reinforced why Black Panther was the true hero of the film and not Killmonger. I couldn't even really feel bad for Killmonger at that point. "people die every day."

the guy had been beaten and just couldn't accept it. if he couldn't live out his life the way he wanted too, entirely on terms of his own choosing, and with having other people follow him.... he'd rather not go on living. once he had tasted power and had the ability to bend other people towards his will and control them... he didn't want to give that up. and unlike T'Challa, it's not like Killmonger was willing to listen to others and hear them voice their ideas and opinions.

it's not like Black Panther didn't suffer a comparably humiliating defeat earlier in the film. even when he was offered a chance to be healed and to become a part of Wakanda Killmonger refuses because he can't continue as leader of Wakanda. his "I want it all or I want nothing" approach doesn't make sense to me. and that's fine. that's the way his character is. some people can say that if they don't get everything they want out of life that they feel as though they've been robbed of something... but that just sounds self-absorbed and insane to me.

but, I don't mind it too much in terms of pure story-telling.... because it's a logical end for a man as selfish and violent and controlling as Killmonger ultimately was. I do find it a bit troubling that there are people out there who seem to think that Killmonger as a legitimate hero. then again, some people treat the Joker and Magneto as if they were heroes... and that's kinda crazy and messed up too.

Incredible Member

"I would have waited an eternity for this. It's over, Prime." Megatron in The Transformers: The Movie
    Last edited by Styles; 09-20-2019 at 06:58 PM.

"I slice, I dice, I julienne. How about a hanging- by the testicles?"

"Just because I'm carrying around the joy of killing your family inside me doesn't mean we can't be friends."

-Russel Crowe, Virtuosity

"I know what it's like to lose. To feel so desperately that you're right, yet to fail nonetheless. It's frightening, turns the legs to jelly. I ask you to what end? Dread it. Run from it. Destiny arrives all the same. And now it's here. Or should I say, I am."

Thanos, Infinity War
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 09-20-2019 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post

eh, I'll grant that it's a memorable line... and I guess if you considered them as 'spiritual ancestors' it makes sense... but the fact that they killed themselves suggests that they wouldn't have any descendants... and therefore could not be ancestors of anybody.

honestly, for me, it just reinforced why Black Panther was the true hero of the film and not Killmonger. I couldn't even really feel bad for Killmonger at that point. "people die every day."

the guy had been beaten and just couldn't accept it. if he couldn't live out his life the way he wanted too, entirely on terms of his own choosing, and with having other people follow him.... he'd rather not go on living. once he had tasted power and had the ability to bend other people towards his will and control them... he didn't want to give that up. and unlike T'Challa, it's not like Killmonger was willing to listen to others and hear them voice their ideas and opinions.

it's not like Black Panther didn't suffer a comparably humiliating defeat earlier in the film. even when he was offered a chance to be healed and to become a part of Wakanda Killmonger refuses because he can't continue as leader of Wakanda. his "I want it all or I want nothing" approach doesn't make sense to me. and that's fine. that's the way his character is. some people can say that if they don't get everything they want out of life that they feel as though they've been robbed of something... but that just sounds self-absorbed and insane to me.

but, I don't mind it too much in terms of pure story-telling.... because it's a logical end for a man as selfish and violent and controlling as Killmonger ultimately was. I do find it a bit troubling that there are people out there who seem to think that Killmonger as a legitimate hero. then again, some people treat the Joker and Magneto as if they were heroes... and that's kinda crazy and messed up too.
    I dont personaly know anyone who thought he was the good guy. They just thought he had a point when he called out Wakanda for hiding while Black people around the works were suffering. When they had the ability to help them. Tchalla agreed too. And alot of what people liked about Killmonger was the themes they played with using him as a stand in for the African American experience.

As far as the line. Most people in America probaly cant track they're family back more then half a dozen generations. That goes double for african americans. Just a silly thing to take issue with imo. Man A jumps into the sea and dies doesnt mean his sister didnt come over on another ship and go on to produce the family line that led to Killmongers mother. Or a cousin whatever when you go back far enough we all have shared ancestors to some degree. Ghangis Khan connects alot of people alive right now.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 09-20-2019 at 11:22 PM.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    "I would have waited an eternity for this. It's over, Prime." Megatron in The Transformers: The Movie
    Megatron/Galvatron has some great lines in that movie.

"Such Heroic nonsense"

and a fantastic response

Starscream: Megatron? Is that you?
    Galvatron: Here's a hint! *proceeds to one shot kill him*

Non Transformers, I'm shocked this one hasn't been mentioned

Bison: For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.

Terrible movie, Fantastic line.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Megatron/Galvatron has some great lines in that movie.

"Such Heroic nonsense"

and a fantastic response

Starscream: Megatron? Is that you?
    Galvatron: Here's a hint! *proceeds to one shot kill him*

Non Transformers, I'm shocked this one hasn't been mentioned

Bison: For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.

Terrible movie, Fantastic line.
    Bison line is pretty great.

Bautiatus from Spartacus - "Once again the gods spread the cheeks to ram cock in fu***** a**!"

Lonzo- Training day " To protect the sheep you gotta catch the wolf, and it takes a wolf to catch a wolf." Denzel was a quote machine in that movie. Think that's the thirs I've posted from that movie.

Sandor ‘The Hound’ Clegane GOT " I understand that if any more words come pouring out your cun
    ** mouth, I’m gonna have to eat every fuc**** chicken in this room."

Extraordinary Member

Here's a classic:

Witch: I'll get you, my pretty! And your little dog, too!!!!!

Fantastic Member

blackheart from ghost rider:
    "Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned... I've sinned a lot..." or rather the german translation:
    "Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned...very often and with joy."

Sephiroth from Final fantasy: Advent Children
    "I will never be a memory."

"You know, it's in moments like this that I think of my father's last words. Which were: 'Don't son, that gun is loaded!'" --Chains Cooper, "Stone Cold".

Tom Cruise collateral : response to Jamie fox crying he killed someone "No, I shot him. Bullets and the fall killed him."

Extraordinary Member

"It hurts no more."-Nomak Blade 2

"Mothafucker I like that..."Dracula -Blade 3

Evil-Lyn: I was not suggesting that I go.
    Skeletor: Then you should not have spoken.

Skeletor [to Sorceress]: Really. How sensitive you are. Can you feel - this? *zaps her*

Pretty much ever word out of Skeletor's mouth was gold in the 1987 Masters of the Universe movie.