Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Joker: "never rub another man's rhubarb!" (Batman, 1989)

the meaning is beyond me, but anyway. memorable.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Isn't that "How many peoples have dreamed of my end...you are no closer than the Babylonians with their swords and fire sticks!"

Also "Spare me your petty judgements! They strain from a brain too meager to comprehend MY reality!"
    Thanks for refreshing my memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    The version of the character was awful but I likes this qoute

Smallvile Slade Wilson
    "Let's just say the reaper can swing his sickle at me, but I'm beyond Death's stroke now"
    Yeah, that was a great one.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    "Our great war is a spiritual one..Our great depression is our lives"-DEEP. lol-Tyler Durden.
    It is a great line, with great meaning.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I've got two from Luthor and two from Joker, one feature film and one animated from each:

"...when I was six years old my father said to me... Son, stocks may rise and fall, utilities and transportation systems may collapse. People are no damn good, but they will always need land and they will pay through the nose to get it!" Lex Luthor in Superman

"I never trust anyone completely." Lex Luthor in Superman: The Animated Series

"This town needs an enema!" The Joker in Batman (1989)

"If you have to explain the joke, it's no joke!" The Joker in the Mad Love episode of Batman: The Animated Series

and one from my favorite film:

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die." Roy Batty in Blade Runner

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die." Roy Batty in Blade Runner
    That last is a favorite of mine. I've read that it was an ad lib, if so, brilliant.

As a villain, I love Vincent from Collateral. Tom Cruise just makes Vincent entirely too cool not to love. There are so many quotes from the movie that I don't know which one is my favourite. I'll post two that I got from IMDb:

Vincent: Someday? Someday my dream will come? One night you will wake up and discover it never happened. It's all turned around on you. It never will. Suddenly you are old. Didn't happen, and it never will, because you were never going to do it anyway. You'll push it into memory and then zone out in your barco lounger, being hypnotized by daytime TV for the rest of your life. Don't you talk to me about murder. All it ever took was a down payment on a Lincoln town car. That girl,you can't even call that girl. What the **** are you still doing driving a cab?
    Vincent: Get with it. Millions of galaxies of hundreds of millions of stars, in a speck on one in a blink. That's us, lost in space. The cop, you, me... Who notices?
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Ultimate Member

Serenity.

"I am of course wearing full body armor. I am not a moron."

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

[QUOTE=Malvolio;4596368]
    "...when I was six years old my father said to me..."

Eve Teschmacher: "Get out!"

Lex Luthor: "Before that. He said, son, stocks may rise and fall, utilities and transportation systems may collapse. People are no damn good, but they will always need land and they will pay through the nose to get it!" Lex Luthor in Superman

[QUOTE]
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 09-30-2019 at 04:41 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    That last is a favorite of mine. I've read that it was an ad lib, if so, brilliant.
    IIRC it wasn't quite an ad lib, but it was something the actor wrote rather than the director or screenwriter.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Joker: "never rub another man's rhubarb!" (Batman, 1989)

the meaning is beyond me, but anyway. memorable.
    Love this one. Nicholson has lots of memorable lines.

You can't handle the truth! from A Few Good Men.

Here's Johnny! from The Shining.

A personal favorite is from The Shining.

Wendy? Darling? Light of my life. I am not gonna hurt ya. You didn't let me finish my sentence. I said i am not gonna hurt ya. I am just going to bash your brains in!

Or

Little pigs, little pigs, let me come in. Not by the hair of you chiny-chin-chin? Well then i'll huff and i'll puff, and i'll blow your house in!

"I'm an angel. I kill firstborns while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls, and from now till kingdom come, the only thing you can count on in your existence is never understanding why." - Gabriel (The Prophecy)

"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy! And... we shall have... peace." - Palpatine (Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith)

"Can you blush?" - Rheinhart (Blade II)

"First Prime, then Ultra Magnus, and now you. It's a pity you Autobots die so easily, or I might have a sense a satisfaction now." - Galvatron (Transformers - The Movie)
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Extraordinary Member

" Sit your 5 dollar ass down before I make change!"-Nino Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    "I'm an angel. I kill firstborns while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls, and from now till kingdom come, the only thing you can count on in your existence is never understanding why." - Gabriel (The Prophecy)
    "Let's understand each other. I sang the first hymn when the stars were born. Not that long ago, I announced to a young woman, Mary, who it was she was expecting. On the other hand, I've turned rivers into blood, kings into cripples, cities to salt - so I don't think that I have to explain myself to you." - Gabriel (The Prophecy II)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    " Sit your 5 dollar ass down before I make change!"-Nino Brown
    I liked the one where he made a pretty solid point about the drug trade having bigger players and a wider scope than just him and the inner city. Wish I could recall the exact words, though.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Scar
    “Life’s not fair, is it? You see I, I shall never be king. And you shall never see the light of another day.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I liked the one where he made a pretty solid point about the drug trade having bigger players and a wider scope than just him and the inner city. Wish I could recall the exact words, though.
    Yeah Snipes has more than a few Iconic roles he can sell that dialogue man.