Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    You reversed their roles.
    Well its been 20 years. The pieces are there. I will get it right at some point
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

"Intuitive improvisation is the secret of genius." - Max Zorin, A View to a Kill (1985)

"Look after Mr. Bond. See that some harm comes to him." - Hugo Drax, Moonraker (1979)

"You really think a crown gives you power?" - Tywin Lannister, Game of Thrones

"Explain to me why it is more noble to kill 10,000 men in battle than a dozen at dinner." - Tywin Lannister, Game of Thrones

From No Country For Old Men:
    Gas Station Proprietor : "I didn't put nothin' up."
    Anton Chigurh : "Yes, you did. You've been putting it up your whole life, you just didn't know it."

"Well now, what's it to be Lord? Another widow? How many has it been? Six? Twelve? I disremember. You say the word, Lord, I'm on my way...You always send me money to go forth and preach your Word. The widow with a little wad of bills hid away in a sugar bowl. Lord, I am tired. Sometimes I wonder if you really understand. Not that You mind the killin's. Your Book is full of killin's. But there are things you do hate Lord: perfume-smellin' things, lacy things, things with curly hair." - 'Preacher' Harry Powell, The Night of the Hunter (1955)

From the show The Prisoner (1967) (No. 2 is the villain):
    Number Six: Has it ever occurred to you that you are just as much a prisoner as I am?
    Number Two: Oh my dear chap, of course--I know too much. We're both lifers. I am definitely an optimist. That's why it doesn't matter "who" Number One is. It doesn't matter which "side" runs the Village.
    Number Six: It's run by one side or the other.
    Number Two: Oh certainly, but both sides are becoming identical. What in fact has been created is an international community, a perfect blueprint for world order. When the sides facing each other suddenly realize that they're looking into a mirror, they will see that "this" is the pattern for the future.
    Number Six: The whole Earth as the Village?
    Number Two: That is my hope.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 05-19-2022 at 07:03 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

From The Menu (2022):

Chef Slowik: "The s'more. The most offensive assault on the human palate ever contrived. Unethically sourced chocolate and gelatinized sugar water imprisoned by industrial-grade graham cracker. It's everything wrong with us, and yet we associate it with innocence. With childhood."
    Last edited by Chris Lang; 01-11-2023 at 08:36 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    From The Menu (2022):

Chef Slowik: "The s'more. The most offensive assault on the human palate ever contrived. Unethically sourced chocolate and gelatinized sugar water imprisoned by industrial-grade graham cracker. It's everything wrong with us, and yet we associate it with innocence. With childhood."
    Intriguing point he raises there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Clarence Boddicker (Robocop): "Come on, Sal! The Tigers are playing tonight... and I never miss a game!"

Joker (Batman 1989): "My balloons. Those are my balloons. He stole my balloons! Why didn't somebody tell me he had one of those... those... things!?"
    Formerly known as Don't pee in the (Dead)pool...

Extraordinary Member

" Poor people are crazy. I'm eccentric." -Howard Payne-Speed 1994

And thus I clothe my naked villany
    With old odd ends stolen out of holy writ;
    And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
    (Richard III, Act 1 Scene 3)

“I am but a shadowy reflection of you. It would take only a nudge to make you like me. To push you out of the light.”
    –Rene Belloq, Raiders of the Lost Ark

Tony Montana (Scarface) [to the fine dining restaurant patrons]: "You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your f***in' fingers and say, 'That's the bad guy.' So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie."
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-17-2023 at 09:24 AM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    That's a good one, right there.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    And thus I clothe my naked villany
    With old odd ends stolen out of holy writ;
    And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
    (Richard III, Act 1 Scene 3)

“I am but a shadowy reflection of you. It would take only a nudge to make you like me. To push you out of the light.”
    –Rene Belloq, Raiders of the Lost Ark

Tony Montana (Scarface) [to the fine dining restaurant patrons]: "You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your f***in' fingers and say, 'That's the bad guy.' So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie."
    Very good set there, especially the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    To the utmost, I agree. Classic (IMHO):

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    To the utmost, I agree. Classic (IMHO):

Yeah we don't get villains like Payne anymore.

"I love listening to your piss ant soldiers trying to talk tough - they make me laugh. If Matrix was here, he'd laugh too." - Bennett from Commando imagining himself and John Matrix sharing a little moment before they go mana-a-mano.

Staff Sgt. Barnes from Platoon (after the troops loyal to Sgt. Elias suspect Barnes may have killed him, and Barnes know they suspect): "You talking about killing? Hmm? Y'all experts? Y'all know about killing? I'd like to hear about it, potheads. [takes a soldier's pipe and sniffs it] Are you smoking this **** so's to escape from reality? Me, I don't need this ****. I am reality. There's the way it ought to be, and there's the way it is. Elias was full of ****. Elias was a crusader. Now, I got no fight... with any man who does what he's told. But when he don't, the machine breaks down. And when the machine breaks down, we break down. And I ain't gonna allow that... in any of you. Not one. [hands pipe back and spits] Y'all love Elias. Oh, you wanna kick ass. Yeah. Well, here I am, all by my lonesome. And there ain't nobody gonna know. Six of you boys against me. Kill me. [pause, the soldiers don't make a move on Barnes] Huh. I **** on all of you."

slazzer-edit-image (5)a.jpg
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-19-2023 at 06:48 AM.

Extraordinary Member

"Chance favors the prepared mind." -Travis Dane-Under Siege 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    "I love listening to your piss ant soldiers trying to talk tough - they make me laugh. If Matrix was here, he'd laugh too." - Bennett from Commando imagining himself and John Matrix sharing a little moment before they go mana-a-mano.
    Ha, good one. Very good one.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Staff Sgt. Barnes from Platoon (after the troops loyal to Sgt. Elias suspect Barnes may have killed him, and Barnes know they suspect): "You talking about killing? Hmm? Y'all experts? Y'all know about killing? I'd like to hear about it, potheads. [takes a soldier's pipe and sniffs it] Are you smoking this **** so's to escape from reality? Me, I don't need this ****. I am reality. There's the way it ought to be, and there's the way it is. Elias was full of ****. Elias was a crusader. Now, I got no fight... with any man who does what he's told. But when he don't, the machine breaks down. And when the machine breaks down, we break down. And I ain't gonna allow that... in any of you. Not one. [hands pipe back and spits] Y'all love Elias. Oh, you wanna kick ass. Yeah. Well, here I am, all by my lonesome. And there ain't nobody gonna know. Six of you boys against me. Kill me. [pause, the soldiers don't make a move on Barnes] Huh. I **** on all of you."

slazzer-edit-image (5)a.jpg
    This one hits spectacularly hard, given the real horrors of war.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    That's a great one!