Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

From Time after Time (1979) about HG Wells and his once-friend Jack the Ripper both time traveling to 1979:

Wells: We don't belong here.

Jack the Ripper: On the contrary...I belong here completely and utterly. I'm home. It's you who do not belong here. You, with your absurd notions of a perfect and harmonious society. Drivel. The world has caught up and surpassed me. Ninety years ago, I was a freak. Today, I'm an amateur.

Capture3 (2) (1) (4) (2)d.jpg
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-20-2023 at 11:28 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    From Time after Time (1979) about HG Wells and his once-friend Jack the Ripper both time traveling to 1979:

Wells: We don't belong here.

Jack the Ripper: On the contrary...I belong here completely and utterly. I'm home. It's you who do not belong here. You, with your absurd notions of a perfect and harmonious society. Drivel. The world has caught up and surpassed me. Ninety years ago, I was a freak. Today, I'm an amateur.

Capture3 (2) (1) (4) (2)d.jpg
    And almost thirty years later, we got the Joker in The Dark Knight: "I'm not a monster . . . I'm just ahead of the curve."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

"Prove it." Jack Wilson, Shane (1953)

Has someone mentioned Harry Lime's "Cuckoo Clock" speech from "The Third Man?" ... that.

Last edited by Johnny; 01-22-2023 at 06:52 PM.

FOUNDER: I want the Cardassians exterminated.
    WEYOUN: Which ones?
    FOUNDER: All of them. The entire population.
    WEYOUN: That will take some time.
    FOUNDER: Then I suggest that you begin at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Has someone mentioned Harry Lime's "Cuckoo Clock" speech from "The Third Man?" ... that.
    Definitely, an All-Time Classic (IMHO):

Spectacular Member

Two villains come to mind.

Laurie Strode : He's waited for this night... he's waited for me... I've waited for him...

Elsa: Let it go

Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel Gray View Post
    Two villains come to mind.

Laurie Strode : He's waited for this night... he's waited for me... I've waited for him...

Elsa: Let it go
    A thread for quotes spoken by villains. Unfortunately Michael Myers was a bit on the quiet side.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    A thread for quotes spoken by villains. Unfortunately Michael Myers was a bit on the quiet side.
    Ha!

I fully felt Laurie Strode was the villain in the last three Halloween Movies ��
    As a pediatric therapist I have had to endure Let it Go more than seems right, therefore, Elsa is at the pinnacle of villianhood. Maybe I'll make her the main villain in the next DnD campaign I run.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel Gray View Post
    I fully felt Laurie Strode was the villain in the last three Halloween Movies ��
    As a pediatric therapist I have had to endure Let it Go more than seems right, therefore, Elsa is at the pinnacle of villianhood. Maybe I'll make her the main villain in the next DnD campaign I run.
    Interesting, so you were, in your mind, quoting 2 villains there? Laurie and Elsa? These villains who . . . stand against the best practices of treating mental health?

Mighty Member

The "point, counter point guy in Airplane '. "Shanna, they bought their ticket, they knew what they were getting into. I say let 'em crash!"

Incredible Member

Incredible Member

Ben Linus from "Lost"

"She's A Pawn. Nothing More. She Means Nothing To Me."

Khan quoting "Moby Dick" in "ST:WoK" was cool. (I wonder if they meant it as a rejoinder to Kirk quoting Milton in "Space Seed")