Default Would you read a Marvel Nineties-verse?

The X-Men '92 series was pretty cool while it lasted. I'd not only love to see it return, but to apply it on a massive scale. So I thought I'd ask: What if they made a Marvel Nineties-verse?

The idea is to release multiple series set in the same world, that are all period pieces of the '90s. Each one is based on a show from that era which were all officially part of the same universe and had crossover. Here's what it would entail:
    • Each series is set in the '90s, and has very '90s themes, obviously.
    • The comics are all based on their animated series counterparts.
    • Each one tells distilled stories from multiple eras, both from the shows they were based on, and the comics.
    • Elements that weren't in the original shows, including stuff that came afterwards, get interpreted here.
    • Each one can, and will, crossover with each other to give the feel of a shared world.
    • With that, it should be noted that like X-Men '92, these comics are an abstraction of the original '90s shows, but not a direct sequel to them. It's best to avoid having to adhere to the old continuity that way.

Here are each series that would make up this universe:
    • Spider-Man '90s
    • X-Men '90s
    • Fantastic Four '90s
    • Iron Man '90s
    • The Incredible Hulk '90s
    • Avengers '90s

Avengers '90s is an original creation, and I imagine it would be made in such a case because many would find it jarring not to have today. I picture it distilling many elements from the best stories, shows like Avengers: EMH, and the MCU, while having a '90s aesthetic. It is NOT based on Avengers: United They Stand, mainly because that show was short-lived and terrible.

So, would you be interested in this?

Astonishing Member

I’m not sure.

When I hear “period piece”, I automatically think “shoehorned politics”.

But if you’re saying an adaptation of the 90’s TV shows than yes.

While it may be jarring for them to not be direct sequels to the show, it may be for the best to give the writers more freedom.