Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseBeFeige View Post
    That's just mean *insert laughing emojis here

He is certainly not the coolest avenger, but he has a cool origin, an awesome costume, and was cool as the defacto leader of the avengers when the lineup was crystal, Sersi, Black Knight, Vision, and Thunderstrike. That was a cool lineup. the stories that deal with his addiction to the Ebony Blade are really cool too, the only other superhero to really cover this concept of addiction to a powerset is Danny Ketch. Not expecting him in the MCU anytime soon, id be surprised if he was even in the hulu ghost rider show.

dont come at my boy Dane Whitman like that !!!

( hes definitely not top tier though, I can admit that )
    Did they ever resolve that whole Slorenia mess?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseBeFeige View Post
    dont come at my boy Dane Whitman like that !!!

( hes definitely not top tier though, I can admit that )
    I like Black Knight, he's got a neat sort of Captain America 'lower power level' vibe that works for me. I wouldn't necessarily want a whole team of Avengers like him, Natasha, Clint, Bobbi, Bucky and Steve running around, since it's a bit too 'street level' for my tastes, but then again, it could totally work with the right writer.

And yeah, it's always a downer to see one of your guilty faves on everyone else's 'least favorite' lists.

I like Dr. Druid because *the writer told me to hate him,* and I hate Mantis for the same perverse contrary reason, *because the writer told me to love her.* I don't take direction well...

Dr. Druid, Starfox, Triathalon. I seem to have a weakness for characters that show up on these lists. But not always. Jack of Hearts is still a loser.

Incredible Member

Sentry. Without a doubt. Jack of Hearts is awesome by the way!

I would say Dr. Druid but he comes from my all time favorite run so it's hard for me to really hate him. That said I will have to jump on the Gilgamesh bandwagon. Never understood why he was a member and was glad when he was out of the series.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Dane was kind of a dork in the Stern run and the 90's stuff isn't popular, but his design is good and a scientist inheriting a cursed medieval murder blood sword is a great concept. Maybe the upcoming Avengers stuff can really get him over the hill.
    Glad someone remembered Dane being a gifted scientist.

BTW, did they ever resolve the Gann Josin link between Dane & Sersi?

Fantastic Member

see a lot of common points.

Hickman had some pointless ones and duds. Smasher, Ex Nihilo, Abyss, and Nightmask were just off.

Shang Chi and Blade don't really fit at all. Just better off doing their ownthing.

Most of the worst choices can be traced back to Bendis of course....

Daredevil and Storm while fine characters were literally pointless and did nothing with the team. It's like he added them just to say they were Avengers. Just nonsense.

I could tolerate Luke Cage but making him this focal point was .... bad. Plus the whole not wearing a custom or even using a code name still irks me.

Still not a fan of Kid Nova or Kamala Khan being shoehorned in....

But most of these don't matter. Wolverine is still by far the worst choice for an Avenger,. He's fine on his own and as an X-Man but just does not belong whatsoever. Bendis sucks and his team choices suck.

Extraordinary Member

I have to go Storm on this. Not because she was a bad character but how gimmicky it felt. She joined and then AvX happened and she walked out. This sums it up perfectly....

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    No hate for Black Knight?

He's got the most irrelevant powerset, add nothing to the team dynamic and was most interesting when he was turned into stone and rightfully just forgotten.
    Black Knight is my favorite Avenger. He hasn't been with them for ages but at one time he was an important member.

I would have to go with Gilgamesh as least favorite.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Somehow I figured Starfox would get more votes. But I guess not.

Black Knight.....out!

So many though:

Namor
    Sersi
    Quasar
    Wolverine
    Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider
    Black Widow
    Firelord

I think I'd go with every Avengers who were rejects from other teams and not given a real feel of membership.
    Reed, Sue and to a lesser extent Ben. Wolverine. Ororo.

Characters like Havok, Scarlet Witch, Sersi or Crystal didn't bother me.

Spider-man is an odd one. He would have been perfect in the 80/s early 90's but he came a little too late.