Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Doctor Druid
    Starbrand
    Gilgamesh
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Wolverine, IMO, he had no business being there as he had his own team of which he was an integral part. He never seemed to fit as an Avenger.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Triathlon
    Sandman
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    do you have some recs for solo tigra/cat?
    Not really. I mainly knew her through the British anthology reprint books I read as a kid (way back in the early eighties), which featured at least one story of her in her Cat guise, plus the Marvel Team-Up issue where she and Spidey fought Kraven.

She worked with the FF a few times, too.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Mantis and Triathlon for being creator's pets
    Wolverine never worked especially as he was hardly ever there
    Snetry was badly written to either being a writer's pet or a whining loser
    Yeah, wasn't Logan running the school, going on X-Force missions, and doing solo stuff? Four ongoing books is too many.

I agree about Triathlon too - he was basically the token black guy.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

1. Wolverine- put in the title to appear opposite Spider-Man and sell issues. He did little that was interesting.
    2. The Sentry- an abomination
    Brian Michael Bendis is responsible for both of these
    3. USAgent
    4. Triathlon/ 3-D MAn
    5. Captain Universe from the Hickman issues

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, wasn't Logan running the school, going on X-Force missions, and doing solo stuff? Four ongoing books is too many.

It was even lamp-shaded in the comics, when the Avengers did point out Logan was only there about a quarter of the time.

Also Triathlon was the token black guy, he wouldn't have gotten on the team if the Avengers got have gotten one of their existing Black members to rejoin

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    It was even lamp-shaded in the comics, when the Avengers did point out Logan was only there about a quarter of the time.

Also Triathlon was the token black guy, he wouldn't have gotten on the team if the Avengers got have gotten one of their existing Black members to rejoin
    Prior to his stint as Captain America, Falcon was just a token black guy on the team.

Mighty Member

Doctor Druid
    Gilgamesh
    Wolverine
    Jack of Hearts
    Silverclaw
    Moon Knight
    Machine Man
    Swordsman
    Triathlon
    Doctor Voodoo

A lot of the cosmic people Hickman added as well.

So many mentions of Gilgamesh.

I bet he becomes an Avenger again when the movie comes out.

Ultimate Member

I vaguely remember a scene where Captain America is dressing down Wolverine for excessive force or whatever and says, "And that's why you'll never be an Avenger, mister!" Flash forward 10 years, Wolverine's a regular member, and they are inviting *Deadpool* to the team. Gah.

And wow, yeah, Tigra got the shaft as an Avenger. She could lift 5 tons (half as strong as Spider Man, *twice as strong as Luke Cage!* (at that time)). And yet, as an Avenger, she's treated as a joke, despite being 10x stronger than Captain America, and superhumanly fast and agile, to boot. But I wouldn't call her a 'worst Avenger,' so much as just someone who was horribly mistreated as an Avenger (much like Wanda, with the whole Disassembled crap...).

Worst;
    Wolverine (bad fit for the team)
    Sentry (Marvel has way better Superman wannabe's, like Hyperion, and doesn't need them anyway)
    Gilgamesh (so boring!)
    Deathcry (ugh, it's like she was written to be unlikable, and there was no point to her story)
    Magdalene/Proctor (eh)
    Ex Nihilo/Abyss (even their creator didn't know what to do with them!)
    Mantis (too much creator's pet/plot armor)

I can see the point of characters not fitting, being a jerk or being deliberately written to tell a story about it not working (Triathalon, Jack of Hearts, Dr. Druid, USAgent, etc. at least half of whom I actually like!) but the above just didn't work for me, conceptually or in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    So many mentions of Gilgamesh.

I bet he becomes an Avenger again when the movie comes out.
    I would happily accept a redesign and a good writer and artist trying to turn me around on him, his soil is fertile, but the Avengers line needs to get its act together first.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Sad so many people hated captain universe. I really liked her.

To me Deadpool. Can't see him as a avenger. Killing is his big thing and hard to see him as a avenger member. Then again lobo has been in justice league.

Didn't care to much for 3-D man/ Triathlon. Kind of found him dull.

Silverclaw I don't know if I like her or not. They didn't really use her much.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Actually Falcon was the token black guy. He was put on the team (by Peter Gyrich, I think) for affirmative action purposes. Really pissed Hawkeye off, as I recall. (He (Hawkeye) was dumped.)
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Sad so many people hated captain universe. I really liked her.

To me Deadpool. Can't see him as a avenger. Killing is his big thing and hard to see him as a avenger member. Then again lobo has been in justice league.

Didn't care to much for 3-D man/ Triathlon. Kind of found him dull.

Silverclaw I don't know if I like her or not. They didn't really use her much.
    Silverclaw seemed unobjectionable, just barely used and kind of fading into the background. There are lots of people who have been Avengers, briefly, and not made much of an impact, and she's just another face in the crowd. It's particularly common with female characters, IMO, such as Yellowjacket 2/Rita DeMara, Captain Universe/Tamara, Echo, Spider-Woman 2/Julia Carpenter, etc. who seem to get forgotten soon after being introduced.