Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

By my count Iron Maiden and WestPhillyPunisher are tied on 5 votes each.

Feel free to double check my count, but it looks like we need a tiebreaker.

Yeah, I got the following count:

1 vote: Kirby101, kjn, PaulBullion, Ravin' Ray, SquirrelMan, The Darknight Detective
    2 votes: worstblogever
    3 votes: ChadH

and 5 votes for both Iron Maiden and WestPhillyPunisher!
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

The Rules:
    "Occasionally Voting will Result in a Tie! The Person Who Started the Thread will do the Counting that Week will Usually call for a TIE-Breaking --Vote from Someone who has Not Yet Voted!"

Bueller? Anyone? Bueller?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Missed out this week, i'll go with Iron Maiden

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Congrats to Iron Maiden, and thanks to everyone who voted for my entry!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I withheld in case of a tie, but Ajax _X beat me to it.

Congratulations to Iron Maiden and thanks to all for the amazing entries! <3

I don't know whether that cover was spoof or homage, but multiple Doombots acting like that to carry a lady who I don't think met him much is funny, especially the one with a close up headshot.

Congratulations Iron Maiden
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Congratulations on the win, Iron Maiden!

Thanks kjn, for the mention.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Astonishing Member

Congratulations to Iron Maiden for doing the necessary research to find a winning cover that isn't even out yet!

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Congratulations to Iron Maiden for doing the necessary research to find a winning cover that isn't even out yet!
    That was a reason why I was hesitant to vote for it. I guess Future Covers are okay. I really did like the cover, and Congrats Iron Maiden.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Oh my. This is a surprise. I thought maybe since my entry was a bit unorthodox (the series debuts on Oct 9th) that it would get bypassed. That number by Marilyn Monroe is one of my favorites from that glorious technicolor age in Hollywood. I really got a good laugh when one of my fellow Doom fans directed me to the artist's tweet about it. I better get to thinking about the new contest pronto!

and thanks to kjn, Ravin' Ray, seismic-2, Kirby101, Paul Bullion and Ajax-X for your votes.

If it is any consolation WestPhilly, I probably would have voted for your Purple Rain cover but forgot to vote!
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-18-2019 at 10:54 AM.

Congratulation Iron Maiden!
    Thanks to thems what voted for me!
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Congratulations to Iron Maiden for a marvelous cover of doom mixing superheroics and pop culture icons. Well done, my Latverian friend.

As to what the captain has learned this week, no good idea goes unstolen. Inspiration comes from many different sources and for the most important page in a comic book, the cover It's a mix of emotion when an artist comes up with an idea for a homage cover and the writer thinks "but people will see us as ripping them off" and the artist replies "NO! They will see us as honoring the classics!" And trust me on this one.

Thanks to Javasaurus for the HM.

Yay, Iron M!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    I don't know whether that cover was spoof or homage, but multiple Doombots acting like that to carry a lady who I don't think met him much is funny, especially the one with a close up headshot.

Congratulations Iron Maiden
    Thanks! That photo bombing Doombot was just gravy to a great idea by the artist Cliff Chiang

and a bit of trivia. In Stan Lee's syndicated newspaper comic strip of Spider-Man, Mary Jane was kidnapped by Doom because he wanted to make her his bride! They didn't really meet in JMS's Amazing Spider-Man #50 but MJ and Peter were at an airport terminal during an assassination attempt launched against Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Congratulation Iron Maiden!
    Thanks to thems what voted for me!
    Thanks!

Your Star Wars parody was one I would have chosen as an entry but you beat me to it!