Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The Voyages of Superman. I'd love for a title purely for cosmic space adventures for the Man of Steel.

Auron. I've always taken a liking to this rather obscure character.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-13-2019 at 09:28 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

This line of space titles will be focused on it's own little section away from Earth. Here anything goes for characters and would be mostly off limits for big interrupting crossover type stories that do little to advance these characters. I think it's okay for some crossover on this stuff from within this line but that's it until the line would be considered stable. You need a strong status quo before you can shake it up.

Strange Adventures - An ongoing focusing on Adam Strange experiencing the universe as he tries to romance Alanna of Rann. I want this to be Strange closer to his origin but not being completely new to it. He's not married yet, still has a lot to learn and isn't the incredible space explorer we know and love.

Hawkworld - A procedural that focuses on partners Hawkman and Hawkgirl (alien version) solving crimes on Thannagar while rising tensions between them and Rann escalate in the background.

Darkstars/Challengers of the Unknown - A police force working like the GLC with nowhere near the amount of resources trying to make a difference in this war torn region of the galaxy. Their first mission out they find the Challengers of the Unknown who have no idea how they ended up so far from home. With no way to get back they make the best of their situation and help the Darkstars in hope of finding someone who can take them home.

Atomic Knights/ Camelot 3000/ JL3000- This will be a sword and sorcery meets classic Silver Age meets Cyberpunk world in the far flung future. Bringing back the JL3000 as the worst versions of themselves having to overcome not only this strange new world they find themselves in but themselves as well. While the Atomic Knights are the warriors and defenders of Camelot 3000. These would all be companion books. Camelot 3000 focusing on the political side of the far future, Atomic Knights focusing on the sword and sorcery with futuristic Atomic-type weaponry, and JL 3000 on the superhero side of the future that may or may not need them anymore.

Once and Future King - This is the one crossover story I think I would do between most if not all these books if I had to do one. The Rann/Thannagar war begins, leading to all the leads of these books fighting amongst themselves and the destruction of a super-weapon that sends the Hawks, Strange and Alanna, Challengers and the Darkstars into the far future. This will lead to all these characters having to work together to find a way back home. Throughout this story they will learn the history of the Rann/Thannagar war and the destruction it causes to the galaxy at large and to Earth. They'll have to fight off the future JL, Atomic Knights and all of Camelot to stop the war.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The Voyages of Superman. I'd love for a title purely for cosmic space adventures for the Man of Steel.

Auron. I've always taken a liking to this rather obscure character.
    I like Auron myself. It would be neat to see an Omega Men series that focused on the different religions and cultures of the Vegan System. I liked the world-building that was done in the original series.

If the Legion title does well, I want an Encyclopedia Galatica mini-series detailing the various species and cultures of the 31st century.

Most of these books wouldn't really be "superhero" as much as "hard sci fi" or, at most, "science fantasy."

Green Lantern Corps: A police procedural with a ensemble cast consisting of all six earth Lanterns (Jordan, Stewart, Gardner, Rayner, Baz, Cruz). This would be the only Lantern book being published, and each Lantern would get equal treatment and share the spotlight. John and Kyle would be Honor Guard assigned permanent duty on earth. Not 2814, just earth (allowing John to be the League's main GL and Kyle to return to his Everyman archetype). Baz and Cruz are the "beat cops" who protect 2814, and most of their story would take place off earth. Hal and Guy would be Honor Guard members assigned to whatever duty currently needs them. This book would be NYPD Blue meets Star Wars. Probably be a real trick to pull off juggling that many different locations and subplots while still having room for character development and interaction but screw it, if you're not aiming for the sky you're not aiming high enough. If a writer could pull it off it'd be a great read.

L.E.G.I.O.N of the United Planets (working title, because that one's awful.): The fledgling United Planets want to be a beacon of unity for a thousand years. But the early days of this tentative galactic alliance are rife with danger from within as well as without. Starro infestations, the tyrant Mongul, Dominators, Hank Henshaw and his Manhunter hordes from Sector 3601, Lady Styx, the Reach, all might be lesser threats compared to the dangers found within the UP's own walls. The LEGION is equal parts intelligence/spy organization, military, and police force, and you can never be sure anyone is what they claim. A political thriller/adventure/spy story in a galactic setting, LEGION consists of: Vril Doz, Blue Lantern Saint Walker, Blackfire, Adam Strange, Captain Comet, Supergirl, Hro Talak (remember him from the DCAU Thanagar invasion?), Captain K'rot, and Maxima the Younger (retconning the New52 Maxima into the daughter of "classic" Lady Maxima, Empress of the Pax Imperium of Almerac). Someone like Ellis could probably do wonders with the concept.

Lobo: Exactly what you think it is. Satire and over the top violence. Who could do a modern day Lobo? Fraction maybe? Ennis, if DC hasn't driven him off?

Darkstars: Free from the Controllers, Lady Styx, and on their own, the Darkstars are a military mercenary group operating out of the Vega System, selling their services to anyone who needs them. Grizzled vet Ferrin Colos is joined by fresh recruit Snapper Carr in this space-based buddy cop romp that's equal parts "Training Day," "Saving Private Ryan" and "Star Trek" as the organization that once hoped to replace the GLC tries to redefine their place in the cosmos. Former criminal Evil Star joins their ranks. I'd like to see someone like Rucka, with his gritty street level sensibilities, take this one on.

If we're including higher-concept cosmic stuff in "space" then add the New Gods (Shakespearean space opera) who would have to be written by Morrison, and Justice Incarnate (wild high concept cosmic JLA), where Wally West, Vibe, and Harbinger of the Metaverse Donna Troy join President Superman, Nix Uotan, and the other Incarnates in protecting the multiverse. Odd as it sounds, I actually think Bendis might be capable of pulling this one off, if his latest issues of Young Justice are anything to go by.
    Last edited by Ascended; 09-14-2019 at 03:43 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the COMET View Post
    Attachment 87054
    -Based on the galatic space station (that still needs to gain more character, make it feel like the Citadel from Mass Effect 2, 3. Make us want to live there) the team explore the entirity of the DC space, encountering severeal planets, races, cultures and helping solving their problem ( Stargate SG-1 / Stargate Atlantis style) while there's a cosmic threat that affects all
    I was thinking along the same lines. Some huge giant station the is a center of trade and diplomacy. A DC version of Babylon 5 but much bigger. I am talking a place the size of a small moon. L.E.G.I.O.N. would be based out there along with represenitives of the Green Lantern Corp, Darkstars, and other orginizations. People like Adam Strange, Star Hawkins, Space Cabbie, the Star Rovers, Ric Star: Space Ranger, and others would call it home. You would see all sort of other cosmic Dc characters coming and going too like Lobo, the Weird, the Omega Men, ect. You could even tie it into Bendis's new version of the United Planets and have them being the one who created and run the place.

You could spin limited series out of the main title pretty easily too so it could serve as a center to a whole new intereconnected DC cosmic.
    Last edited by Zero Hunter; 09-14-2019 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Darkstars: Free from the Controllers, Lady Styx, and on their own, the Darkstars are a military mercenary group operating out of the Vega System, selling their services to anyone who needs them. Grizzled vet Ferrin Colos is joined by fresh recruit Snapper Carr in this space-based buddy cop romp that's equal parts "Training Day," "Saving Private Ryan" and "Star Trek" as the organization that once hoped to replace the GLC tries to redefine their place in the cosmos. Former criminal Evil Star joins their ranks. I'd like to see someone like Rucka, with his gritty street level sensibilities, take this one on.
    Yes! I've long thought that Evil Star has a lot of untapped potential and could easily rise to the ranks of other GL villains like Sinestro, Hector Hammond, Eclipso and Black Hand. From his last appearance he appears to be a real mass-murdering sadist though, so it'd be really interesting to see why he'd join and how he'll eventually betray them.

I love the ideas here. Better than what DC is actually publishing LOL.
    I do hope they take the opportunity to launch a new LEGION book. That should be the flagship for present-day non-GL cosmic stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Yes! I've long thought that Evil Star has a lot of untapped potential and could easily rise to the ranks of other GL villains like Sinestro, Hector Hammond, Eclipso and Black Hand. From his last appearance he appears to be a real mass-murdering sadist though, so it'd be really interesting to see why he'd join and how he'll eventually betray them.
    I'd have Evil Star signed up with the 'Stars as part of a plea deal. He works with them, time gets knocked off his sentence. Sorta Suicide Squad-ish. But eventually he'd serve his time, and then join officially.

And I think I wouldn't have Evil Star betray them. He'd plan to at first of course, but in my pitch here the Darkstars are mercenaries (you ever read the Black Company?); they're not all nice people. So what I'd do is slowly sow the seeds of a civil war within the ranks with one faction, headed by Ferrin Colos, trying to steer the organization in a more altruistic (but not outright heroic) direction, and the other half, led (eventually) by Evil Star, trying to turn them towards darker gigs.

Eventually the groups split, and now Evil Star is the leader of a decently sized paramilitary organization who's individual members are powerful enough to battle Lanterns (and also have big spaceships and fighters, because that Star Wars type visual really works). And Evil Star himself? Imagine hooking that guy, with all his power, up to a Darkstar mantle. That's badass. He'd have an open path to becoming a major player in the DCU.

All this, and you get to update his costume with some solid Darkstar uniform elements. Evil Darkstar could be fantastic.

Re: Hardcore Station. I gotta be honest, I wasn't really sold on the place. It's a giant space station where all the races rub elbows together. Just like Deep Space 9, Babylon 5, and a ton of other big space stations. Even the name is a tad too over the top for me. But I do agree there needs to be that kind of central location where all the cosmic stuff can collect together. And Hardcore station *could* be that place, but I think it needs something to set it apart and make it stand out a little. What makes this place special?
    Last edited by Ascended; 09-14-2019 at 07:19 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Re: Hardcore Station. I gotta be honest, I wasn't really sold on the place. It's a giant space station where all the races rub elbows together. Just like Deep Space 9, Babylon 5, and a ton of other big space stations. Even the name is a tad too over the top for me. But I do agree there needs to be that kind of central location where all the cosmic stuff can collect together. And Hardcore station *could* be that place, but I think it needs something to set it apart and make it stand out a little. What makes this place special?
    Exactly! Just like the character Captain Comet, Hardcore Station has potencial that wasn't fully unlocked by the writers yet. They tried to make it like a Gotham city in space, corrupt, dirty, but it needs to have brighter places and unique usefull stuff only the place can provide.
    I've set it as the base for the team just because it's where Comet lives and would use the place to gather everybody, but the main focus would be space exploration. Oh, the ship that will take them everywhere (provided by Vril Dox) should feel like home.
    Thanks for the reply

Edit: oh i think i've got it. Shopping.
    The Space Station needs to have a shopping mall feel. A place where you can buy anything you can possibly want or need, and it's the best quality of the universe since as you said it's a place where several races from the different corners of the universe gather. Regular market or if you enjoy living dangerously, black market
    Last edited by the COMET; 09-15-2019 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the COMET View Post
    Edit: oh i think i've got it. Shopping.
    The Space Station needs to have a shopping mall feel. A place where you can buy anything you can possibly want or need, and it's the best quality of the universe since as you said it's a place where several races from the different corners of the universe gather. Regular market or if you enjoy living dangerously, black market
    Hhmmm.....

Okay, that could work....but I think you have to really, really sell the idea that you can find *anything* there....including things you might not want on the station at all. Mother Boxes, phantom zone projectors, crashed Brainiac ships, multiversal tuning forks.....dangerous stuff that could destroy the whole Sector if you're not careful and flip the wrong switch. Walking through the shopping mall should be kinda terrifying.

And I think you've gotta capture that "free markets at all costs!" mentality. Have Gordanian slavers selling their "wares," and Dominators looking to buy, you need some Khunds selling their ill-gotten gains, Durlan spies selling their skillsets, etc.

I was gonna say do something like make the station sentient (its a lazy thought, admittedly, I could probably cook up better if I tried). Ever see the old sci-fi show Farscape? Their ship was alive; not intelligent but alive (sort of like a sled dog....that you lived inside of). We've got living planets in Mogo and Ranx.....so why not a living space station? And it might be interesting if the station had its own morality and ethical system, and fought against letting things in that it disagrees with. I mean, it's a space station.....it's probably not going to look at things like mortal humanoids would, so what offends a space station so much that it would refuse to let you board? And what might it take to bribe your way in anyway?

~ Black Panther.

Hhmmm.....

Okay, that could work....but I think you have to really, really sell the idea that you can find *anything* there....including things you might not want on the station at all. Mother Boxes, phantom zone projectors, crashed Brainiac ships, multiversal tuning forks.....dangerous stuff that could destroy the whole Sector if you're not careful and flip the wrong switch. Walking through the shopping mall should be kinda terrifying.

And I think you've gotta capture that "free markets at all costs!" mentality. Have Gordanian slavers selling their "wares," and Dominators looking to buy, you need some Khunds selling their ill-gotten gains, Durlan spies selling their skillsets, etc.
    Yes, that's what i was aiming when i said "black market" . But i want the place to have a place for common custumers as well, to shop for not so lethal weapons, armor, clothes, robots, food, etc.

Possible beggining:
    Captain Comet becomes aware that Vril Dox ( or a mysterious figure at first) is selling dangerous weapons and equipment in the Station's black market. Stuff that in the the wrong hands could bring destruction, mass killing,etc. ( i've thought of Sun-Eaters migration maps, but could be anything or everything).
    Comet calls for Strange to help him locate and bring the seller down. Later is known that it was a ruse by Vril Dox to capture the real villain. That escapes and all of them hunt him across the universe, making stops on lots of planets, learning about alien races and how they live, since Strange is an Archeologist he'd be thrilled.
    I wish he was a little younger as well, maybe college student or recent graduated. As an Adam Strange fan i would find him more interesting this way.

Personally, the sentient station stuff is not for me sorry, could work in another place, story, object. The Station could be monitored to not allow heroes inside so they need to smuggle themselves in.
    Last edited by the COMET; 09-15-2019 at 06:43 PM.

Certain elements of the Hardcore Station mini were creator-owned material by Jim Starlin, and he has continued to use Hardcore Station is some of his prose fiction (not comic work) so the Station may be his IP not DC, not sure on this though.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Omega Men with Tamaran as their base and Blackfire as their benefactor.
    L.E.G.I.O.N. - Present day iteration of the LSH with the new UP.
    Green Lantern Corp - Starring John Stewart & Katma Tui as partners and spouses.
    Green Lantern: The Corpse - Starring Guy Gardner & Sodam Yat
    The Fourth World - Stories of New Genesis and Apokolips
    Adam Strange
    Hawkworld - Buddy cop stories with Shayera Thal and a new character as her partner
    The Wanderers - The time and continuity dis[;aced pre-Crisis Wanderers

Omega Force - Omega Men becomes the Justice League of Space/Galactic Guardians.
    Starfire, Tigorr, Harbinger, Firestorm, Dr. Light II, Maxima, Captain Comet, Dart and Blackjak.
    Mixing the DC-owned characters from Atari Force (Dart and Blackjak) in with the DCU finally. With New52 being a thing, no one will question why Dart and Blackjak were never in 'that other team' that DC doesn't own.

Strange Adventures - Adam Strange by Jeff Parker and Doc Shaner, with covers and fill-ins by Steve Rude.

The Weird Ones - The Weird returns, along with a few other characters, like Jemm, Tanga, Lady Quark, a ring-less Arkkis Chummuck and Ultraa. By Jim Starlin, as DC gives him full creative control over the title.

Darkstar - the Darkstars disband as their powers are drained by an evil monster. One member manages to defeat the monster and all the powers are returned, but only to him/her, making him/her the most powerful cosmic being in the DCU. Also written by Starlin.

Star Hunter - the lead character of Star Hunters is brought back as Star Hunter, space cowboy/bounty hunter for hire. Written by Mike Grell.

Green Lantern Corps - with Hal, John and Guy remaining on Earth, Kyle takes center stage as the leader of an elite small group of Lanterns that patrol the spaceways and have jurisdiction in all the sectors.

Stargirl - Courtney gains cosmic powers and leaves Earth in search of her destiny.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Darkstar

This one is going to be divergence from what the Darkstar name often means. In this version, the name Darkstar belongs to Tom Kalmaku, the father of Tye Longshadow. In his youth, Tom discovered a device called a Darkheart which granted him super powers that have now been passed down to his son. When Tye is kidnapped by the Dominators who seek to harvest his metagene as a weapon, Tom and his wife Shelly Longshadow embark on a journey through space to save him.