Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Create A Line of "Space" DC Titles

Inspired by my thread about DC "action" titles (https://community.cbr.com/showthread...quot-DC-Titles) I propose a line focusing on DC's outer space corner.

Fatality by Eve Ewing and N.K. Jemisin

Follows the adventures of Yrra Cynril as a mercenary. Would explore what it truly means to be a member of an endangered race and Yrra's character development.

Hawkwoman by Greg Weisman or Greg Rucka

Follows the adventures of Kendra Munoz, daughter of Gabriel Munoz and Shayera Hol. Explores Kendra's relationship with her parents who are not living together but do love each other and how Kendra deals with being half human and half thanagarian.

Incredible Member

Green Lantern Corps
    L.E.G.I.O.N.
    Darkstar

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    Green Lantern Corps
    L.E.G.I.O.N.
    Darkstar
    Couldn't have said it better myself!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Indigo by Greg Weisman

Follows Indigo after she regains her memories and discovers she is not a Braniac probe but a member of race of sentient robots. Deals with prejudice against A.Is in the DCU.

Reach War
    The Green Lantern Corps vs The Reach for control of the cosmos.

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Captain Comet and the Wanderers

- Adam Blake and the gang search for others likw themselves while combating galactic threats.

Rann/Thanagar

- Adam Strange, Alanna, a new Hawkwoman, and others struggle to keep a fragile peace between two worlds in conflict.

Space Ghost

- Because he's Space Ghost, dagnabit.

BANNED

The Legend of Superman/Action Comics
    Superman, a famed figure of hope throughout the cosmos is joined by Maxima. Together they roam the universe in his space ship and have amazing adventures. No Clark Kent, no Daily Planet, no Lois Lane. All Superman. All action. It would be so good, it will make readers think this is the way Superman should always be.

That's basically it. I guess it couldn't hurt to have a Legion of Super Heroes title, too.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Green Lantern Corps
    Darkstars
    Legion of Superheroes
    Adam Strange
    Apokolips (a mini series that would be a cross between GoT and New Gods)
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Star Hunters (reviving/relaunching the short-lived 70s series by Michelinie and company, a group of freedom fighters versus a corrupt interstellar corporation; put a writer on it who can handle a sprawling cast and political machinations on a galactic scale, delve into the corporation and its leaders/operatives as well as the small bands of resistance fighters working with the main protagonists. Keep it straight sci-fi without much in the way of super-powers.

Mystery in Space featuring Adam Strange. All the recent events have left Rann depleted and barren, and Adam must explore the galaxy looking for a new home world for Rann's people. Allow Adam to explore new corners of the galaxy, new worlds, new adversaries, etc. Give him a ship and a small crew to round out the cast-Alana and a few others

Vegan Knights-a group of disparate heroes band together to oppose the Citadel. Captain Comet, Starfire I (not the Tamaranian princess of Titans fame, the sword-wielding science & sorcery heroine from the 70s), the Green Man, possibly some of the Omega Men not used in King's series, Lobo, etc. set in the Vegan system and let the creative team play in that sandbox without worrying what else is happening in the DCU. Between the Citadel and the Spider-Guild you have enough antagonists to drive several storylines. Keep the main cast as super-powered characters to differentiate it from the straight sci-fi themed Star Hunters.

Space Cabbie- 4 issue mini because any great line needs a little comic relief, give it to someone who can write comedy (maybe Giffen/DeMatteis), maybe have him pal around with G'Nort.

Hawkworld-telling stories of Thanagar without necessarily focusing on Hawkman and Hawkgirl. Each arc explores a different area or era of Thanagar, but weaves a larger tapestry of a greater story.

Krypton-riffing off the sci-fi series, telling tales of Krypton's past exploring different era or areas of Krypton's history prior to the birth of Kal-El and the planet's destruction.

Space Ranger-with Rick Star, space vigilante of the 22nd century-could go pure space opera heroics, or a grittier crime noir set in future space feel with it.

7 titles (6 "ongoing" and 1 mini), under one editorial office or with a single curator of the line to give it some cohesion in voice/approach but allow for variety in stories and sub-genres of the sci-fi umbrella. They don't have to be tied together in terms of continuity/shared sandbox, but should have a cohesive approach/goal in their storytelling and aesthetics.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

- A new non-GL team book with Adam Strange and Vril Dox as members (basically Odissey done right).
    - A new GLC book.
    - A solo Kyle Rayner book where he's an undercover GL working in the Vega System. Would be called Omega Lantern or Lost Lantern (as a play on the "last lantern" stuff)

A Blackfire maxi series dealing with her life on Tamaran to her becoming an outcast. By Eve Ewing.

Warpath

An eight series event in the style of Marvel's Annihilation of DC space heroes and villains alike taking on Mongul and Despero as their forces cut a bloody swath through the galaxies. With the Green Lanterns decimated it's up to someone else to stop them. Starring Icon, Martian Manhunter, Fatality, Shayera Hol, Blackfire, Indigo, Tigorr, Manhunter (Paul DeKirk), Kaliber and Rana.

The Green Lantern Corps: Part anthology book of random, interesting GLs like the old "Tales of the GLC", but those stories of individual GL's will tie into the larger Oa-based storylines, starring John Stewart and a handful of alien GL's - Salaak, Arisia, etc.(and Hal Jordan as needed) The GLC will be shown more as saviors and an intergalactic United Nations Peacekeeping/humanitarian force rather than "cops." Those kind of local crimes will be handled in ...

LEGION: Classic Vril Dox conniving, politicking,getting down and dirty, but trying to keep the peace. Some old characters, some new, Lobo thrown in there from time to time as needed. The goings on of Thanagar, Tamaran and other familiar DC planets will be a part of this series. Omega Men will pop up in a big storyline. The occasional GL as well, much to Dox's annoyance.

Adam Strange: More down-to-earth (or Rann) space adventures of an earthman and his love. No more wars for Rann for awhile... Space Cabbie is a supporting character as is The Space Ranger (though he just calls himself Ranger)

Queen Maxima: Ironic title about a young woman who loses her throne and is banished from her world. Alone and sad, angry and passionate, she wanders the spaceways trying to find her place in the universe. Soft reboot of the character I guess - I'm not sure what happened to her in continuity anyway.

hardcore_station_poster_by_kryptonator-d8xg95h.jpg
    -Based on the galatic space station (that still needs to gain more character, make it feel like the Citadel from Mass Effect 2, 3. Make us want to live there) the team explore the entirity of the DC space, encountering severeal planets, races, cultures and helping solving their problem ( Stargate SG-1 / Stargate Atlantis style) while there's a cosmic threat that affects all

Possible team members: Captain Comet (main), his dog Tyrone (goes on mission with robot humanoid armor, Adam Strange(main), Vril Dox (main) , Allana (not yet married to Adam) , Eye (romantic interest for Comet) , Lobo (sometimes), Starfire (sometimes)
    I think Captain Comet powers and personality should get a revamp, he should feel like a Booster Gold from space, younger, cocky, funny. And no mental powers that are confusing, only Aquaman level of strenght and teleport, make he use his gun more.
    Screenshot_2018-06-14-03-14-56-1.jpg

-Vega System is a must

Tho i think this would work better as a animated series

Really wish they could add Space Ghost to the main DCU. That would open up a whole new world of cosmic awesomeness. Still one of the cooler character designs.