Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
The editors said Kitty wears that old rag because she is the quintessential X-Man and therefore wears the quintessential X-Man uniform. Also that it’s “character growth” that she used to hate the costume but now embraces it. Obviously, both are BS reasons. So is Hickman’s “mutants don’t wear human clothes/they have a full closet of costumes”. All nonsense answers to hide laziness that make Dawn of X look aesthetically identical to the hell we’ve been reading for the last decade when it really shouldn’t.
It easily could be that, but I really hope that some of these creators will really embrace that rationale as Hickman described it and not just as an excuse to be lazy. I would love to see a more fashion-forward era, and anything to consciously get away from human culture. Inspire me, basically!

The attention Hickman showed to the idea of clothing in this issue (as opposed to just an interview) suggests that he at least *thinks* it’s important to him, even if it hasn’t manifested in a satisfying way yet. Just like he outsourced graphic design to Muller, it would be awesome if they could just get some of the best costume designers out there (even people from outside comics??) to just keep supplying them with designs. Will never happen, but I can dream!