Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Did Madelyne just get called a “pretender” too? Damn.
    Apparently so, for what reason only Hickman knows, though if that becomes relevant is anyone's guess.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I can't make head or tail of at least half those secrets but I adore them. Anyone got any ideas? The final secret would seem to indicate Sinister is playing Xavier and Magneto, obviously.

Madelyne and Inferno getting name-checked has me very hyped. She was always a major fave. I wore the old From the Ashes trade tf out as a kid.

Doug getting so much shine makes me very happy. I hope it's no biggie that he seemed to give that plant the transmode virus.

What the hell came out of that chasm?
    Perhaps it was the demons that Madelyne summoned during Inferno?

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    What the hell came out of that chasm?
    It feels like a weird fit, but... Surtur?

The phrase "Twilight Sword" is pretty specific, and happens to be the name of Surtur's weapon.

BANNED

You can’t be named Mr. Sinister, look like the singer of Bauhaus, and be written as a serious stone-faced baddie.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    You can’t be named Mr. Sinister, look like the singer of Bauhaus, and be written as a serious stone-faced baddie.
    No one is saying to write him stone-faced. Gillen wrote the best Sinister and he wasn't nearly stone-faced. He's just... Way too campy under Hickman.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I can’t decide if Sinister is lolwut amazing or queer appropriation. I hope they take the OTT Dragulaness to the MCU.

The complaining about Mr. Sinster is weird, What was his personality before Gillen? He is was a generic mad scientist. Now he is flamboyantly over the top mad scientist with a clearly identifiable personality. But it doesn't matter it is clear what the writers prefer to write.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaxra View Post
    This was one of the most beautiful rendition of Cypher since Alan Davis.

Attachment 86917

Now, if we can only get Douglas and Elisabeth to have some panel time together...
    Huh I haven't read every single page but has anyone commented on the fact that X is wearing the same outfit his dear sister wore back when she touring the Master Mold with Trask in E is for Extinction

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    He doesn't even really act like Gillen's. The campiness is cranked up to 20. Gillen's Sinister at least felt like a version of Essex and not one that was basically created to appear like a Deadpool villain.
    Hickman’s Secret Wars Sinister was pretty high camp, too.

BANNED

No one is saying to write him stone-faced. Gillen wrote the best Sinister and he wasn't nearly stone-faced. He's just... Way too campy under Hickman.
    Actually, I think he’s less campy under Hickman.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

cmon guys, the Sinister in this issue was like, Coyote and Road Runner levels. When he popped in the panel...so wacky.

However, I hated him before Secret Wars so I'm torn. This is for the best, I guess. He just dressed too extravagantly from the start, hard to make him serious.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Hickman’s Secret Wars Sinister was pretty high camp, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Actually, I think he’s less campy under Hickman.
    And he can be plenty campy. I'm okay with that. That's less of a problem and it's more that he feels like a saturday morning cartoon villain.

Gillen at least wrote him interestingly.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

He doesn't even really act like Gillen's. The campiness is cranked up to 20. Gillen's Sinister at least felt like a version of Essex and not one that was basically created to appear like a Deadpool villain.
    Yeah, but 90s Sinister was stupid as ****.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    It feels like a weird fit, but... Surtur?

The phrase "Twilight Sword" is pretty specific, and happens to be the name of Surtur's weapon.
    I knew the name was familiar, but I also kept thinking it had to be about the soulsword.

I wish he was closer to Gillen's Sinister aesthetically.

milk.jpg