Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    Hickman said in some interview before the first issue was even out that he wants to get away from mutants wearing regular clothes, because there are so many cool designs and it makes sense that Storm would have a closet full of Storm costumes. I LOVE this concept and I’m a little disappointed we haven’t seen more variation already (like Jean could have worn something more ‘tactical’ for the Orchis mission) but hopefully it’s something all the creative teams take to heart for DoX. (Especially those in charge of Kitty, FFS!) And the idea of it being a way of culturally separating themselves from humans is also great. So they could make $$$ selling them to humans but I could also see how they’d want to keep them for themselves!
    Yes, that's it! Thank you.

"(Especially those in charge of Kitty, FFS!)".

Seriously, yes! Although I'm starting to think it's a gag in the X-Office to keep Kitty fashionably out of touch.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    My biggest wonder now though is who compiled the data. What we are seeing is the information collected throughtout Moira's lives on a lot of these data plans. Did Moira compile all that information herself or did Xavier or someone else. I think we are suppose to assume we are reading a characters notes on those data pages.
    Keep digging, detective! It's fun to read the theories and your latest is pretty solid.

My biggest wonder now though is who compiled the data. What we are seeing is the information collected throughtout Moira's lives on a lot of these data plans. Did Moira compile all that information herself or did Xavier or someone else. I think we are suppose to assume we are reading a characters notes on those data pages.
    I think we're seeing notes from various characters. Like Orchis, Xavier, maybe Moira, Nimrod, Sinister etc.

Extraordinary Member

Hickman said in an interview that the info comes from multiple sources, it is all just done in a similar style for consistency as the designer put a lot of work into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Keep digging, detective! It's fun to read the theories and your latest is pretty solid.
    Thanks.

ONe more. The reason Orichi's triggers at a certain amount of mutants existing is because once a certain amount of mutants exist, lets say 20million, they become a cosmic level threat which probably puts them on a higher plane as a collective. Someone has this knowledge and has been purposefully using humans to destroy mutants to keep their numbers under control out of fear. If the powers of 10 can do something huge what could Powers of X(an unknown amount) do.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I at first assumed xavier using Cerbro with Moira...but now i think Sinister and Apocalypse were in on the notes too.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    I at first assumed xavier using Cerbro with Moira...but now i think Sinister and Apocalypse were in on the notes too.
    That makes sense. A collective of notes. But someone must have gathered it into one place for it to be presented to us the way it is being. Or i could just be overthinking that part.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Lol now i'm fully expecting this thing to end with 10 mutants linking up to bring back the dead mutants and taking a page out of wanda's book. "No more machines." or "No more A.I."
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Lol now i'm fully expecting this thing to end with 10 mutants linking up to bring back the dead mutants and taking a page out of wanda's book. "No more machines." or "No more A.I."
    What we need is "no more shock writers" or to undo what it felt like for years "no more character growth"
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    What we need is "no more shock writers" or to undo what it felt like for years "no more character growth"
    lol true true. look at the x-book previews. every last page we've seen so far with technology has been manned by actual people. Where's all the AI? The x-men preview the unit that snuck up on Storm had a person in it and it Mauraders there is a man in the iron man like armor that one would think was a robot before his helmet got shot off. Humans going to have to do the dirty work themselves.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Xavier was looking like Cassandra qhen he was with Doug, Tha tis relaly suspicious
    I thought I was the only one, my heart dropped so fast.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    You can’t be named Mr. Sinister, look like the singer of Bauhaus, and be written as a serious stone-faced baddie.

Man, I so agree with this! I actually like this Sinister. I think some of this depends on what X-Men are “your” X-Men. Mine is from Byrne to about the beginning of Lee with some spotty issues during “Inferno” I always thought Sinister was contrived.

I mean, by the 1990s you’re really going’s to name a bad guy Sinister? Like Dr Evil or something?! C’mon. I get Dr Doom; it was the 60s.

To write the guy as anything other than campy ( the flayed head/neck rest? A red diamond on the forehead?) This is not in any way a scary APPEARING villain considering the utter chaos he’s actually unleashed in the world of X-Men. To make him slightly insane and random makes the genius of his actions a bit more terrifying.

Also, wasn’t he a character from the Victorian age which suggests all of the oddness of that period? Them working with him was doomed to fail...

Unless that is what Xavier wanted to happen in the first place.

Secret #1. Miss Sinister is the real Sinister
    #2 Thunderbird, need to leave Krakoa for space, maybe?
    #3 Madelyn
    #4 Sinister not joining up with the Krakoa thing
    # 5 Logan, Mandy and Scott with both Jean and Emma
    #6 twhat folks have said about this already
    #7 Gambit, Vulcan
    #8 Magneto (survival of the fittest) brotherhood. Mastermind, Wanda, quicksilver coming back
    #9 boom boom and cannonball
    #10 Cyclops
    Last edited by drupgyu; 09-12-2019 at 04:43 PM.

All that remains true but i think the smoking gun is what Hickman said. This is not a time travel story and this is not an alternate reality story. So if X3 is life 6, he was in fact a man of his word because with x2 being the past and x3 being the past as well, what we are currently seeing in Life 10 is actually happening now in the present so their is no what if's about it and firmly cements this is the status of the x-men. He's simply showing us how we got where we are. So though it feels like the future it's really the past.
    Hickman would be a man of his word even if X^3 is showing us the future. That’s still not time travel, just a flash forward. The only theories that would make Hickman a liar, I think, are the ones along the lines of “life 10 still isn’t 616, that will be life 11”.. because then pretty much the whole story will have taken place in an alternate reality. Or if characters were traveling between the different POX timelines, maybe that’s what it would take to be more of a time travel story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yes, that's it! Thank you.

"(Especially those in charge of Kitty, FFS!)".

Seriously, yes! Although I'm starting to think it's a gag in the X-Office to keep Kitty fashionably out of touch.
    The editors said Kitty wears that old rag because she is the quintessential X-Man and therefore wears the quintessential X-Man uniform. Also that it’s “character growth” that she used to hate the costume but now embraces it. Obviously, both are BS reasons. So is Hickman’s “mutants don’t wear human clothes/they have a full closet of costumes”. All nonsense answers to hide laziness that make Dawn of X look aesthetically identical to the hell we’ve been reading for the last decade when it really shouldn’t.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I'm thinking that mutants may combine together to form a unified consciousness that is on the level or surpasses what the Phalanx require for ascension and maybe able to overcome their program to acheive another step.With a technopath they could even integrate A.I. to their combined consciousness.