Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

If you add that with Xavier's creed in Krakoa that mutants are one. Could Xavier be trying to turn mutants into a sort of individual yet collective mind at the same time. Sort of like the idea of Chimeras but since they are a collective they will be able to use their powers together. Thus the powers of 10 mutants linked together as a collective but still able to maintain a level of individuality.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

This ish was <makes chef kiss gesture> !!!!

Forgive me please as I had to drop out of the thread many many pages ago because LIFE blah blah <eye roll> so I'm playing catch up.

Have. We. Talked. About. How. Utterly. UTTERLY. BEAUTIFULLY. GAY. all of the Chuck, Mags, Sin(s) stuff is/was? EXQUISITE.

Ostentatious, theatrical, eccentric, Goth-Glam-Glory. Praise be Sinister(s)!
    Right out the gate he is reeeeeading Chuckneto. And right out the gate Mags is hairtrigger provoked to defend Chuck's honor because LURV, y'all.
    That THRONE. That FUR. I LOVE. The DRAMA of it all! And to follow it all up with what is essentially a cagey gossip column!?
    Sinister said it best: Absolutely Fabulous.

I love this man.
    And I love my Dougie. He is the best boy.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I also find this interesting since Marvel is suppose to be revisiting 2099 soon and Jean was also in a mysterious cocoon.
    WOW! Nice catch. I've never read 2099...

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I have to say...I do appreciate HiX-Man's more overtly "campy" Sinister. It realigns with my initial perception of the character from his first appearance during Inferno. The makeup with the black lips, the costume (with the Vegas Showgirl streamers), his speech pattern...it was all very "theatrical" and "over dramatic" which Claremont wrote to great effect because you never once thought that he was anything less than deadly serious. For me, he was the X-Men's Joker but without the crazy.
    HiX-Man's iteration further underscores that idea for me.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-12-2019 at 05:09 AM.

So are we going to find out these Sinister Rumors within HoX and PoX, or i it to b solved during DoX? I do not get it. I thought we were handling the Moira life times, now Sinister rumors? Me is confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    And he can be plenty campy. I'm okay with that. That's less of a problem and it's more that he feels like a saturday morning cartoon villain.
    Apparently, you must have missed X-Men: The Animated Series which aired back in the '90s.
    Protex: “Tronix! Fluxus! What’s happening there? Zenturion? He’s only one man!”
    Superman: “The most… uh… dangerous man on earth…”
    — Superman on Batman, JLA #3 (Mar. 1997)

“He’s the most dangerous man alive in any comic universe.” — Wizard Magazine on Doctor Doom (Nov. 1998)

“[He’s] the most dangerous man in the Marvel universe, because his greatest weapon is the way he thinks and plans, his tremendous intellect.” — Tom Brevoort on T’Challa (Sep. 2010)

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bossofbam View Post
    I’ll take generic vs. fawning over capes and writing gossip columns every time.
    Same

I rather have Rosenberg Sinister
    "Cable was right!"

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

So Sinister told us we think hes being played but its him whos playing Charles... Who do you think he 'brainwashed' in the past, that secures his endgame in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Graphicisnovel View Post
    So Sinister told us we think hes being played but its him whos playing Charles... Who do you think he 'brainwashed' in the past, that secures his endgame in the future?
    Xavier kind of dropped the ball with the brainwashing aspect of it. First off could he be any more villainous? I mean the dude is literally brainwashing villains to do his dirty work in a sense. Second off, why didn’t he just brainwash every single Sinister in that room?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I have to say...I do appreciate HiX-Man's more overtly "campy" Sinister. It realigns with my initial perception of the character from his first appearance during Inferno. The makeup with the black lips, the costume (with the Vegas Showgirl streamers), his speech pattern...it was all very "theatrical" and "over dramatic" which Claremont wrote to great effect because you never once thought that he was anything less than deadly serious. For me, he was the X-Men's Joker but without the crazy.
    HiX-Man's iteration further underscores that idea for me.
    Claremont's original intent was that Sinister looked like a child's nightmare boogeyman. The campy, queer aspect was an unintended side effect. OTOH, maybe that came from Silvestri?

I loathe camp and find it twee and annoying so "fabulous" Sinister doesn't do anything for me. But, OG Sinister's character arc ended with the 90s so there wasn't anything new left to say with the ruthless, calculating uber-schemer version of the character, anyway.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I love it! Giving me major Gossip Girl feels. Why am i reading all the tweets in Kristen Bell's voice though?

This is Hickman subtly repositioning the X-villains so they each bring something unique. Magneto is intense and uncompromising. Apocalypse we’re seeing again as an ancient warrior hero, who can just as easily be an implacable villain if you’re on the wrong side of his doctrine. Mystique and Destiny are something like cut-throat freedom fighters. Mojo is sleazy and degenerate. Sinister is theatrical and Machiavellian - save perhaps only Xavier, he’s the biggest schemer in the mutant world. The idea that the sinister clones are gossip whisperers fits perfectly with his role within Krakoa as an untrustworthy collaborator and agent provocateur.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I wonder if Mags and Chuck went without Moira cuz they didn't want Sinister to know about her power.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I wonder if Mags and Chuck went without Moira cuz they didn't want Sinister to know about her power.
    Sinister doesn't care for women he's a misogynist

As for the best Sinister it was the one in consequences by gillen

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I could not read the whole thread. Someone else has noticed that Xavier's explorer's clothes are disturbingly similar to Cassandra Nova's in New X-Men 1, right?
    I just think it's contrasting from when Nova showed that one guy the Wild Sentinels. Almost an inverse, yet similar in how they've both dressed up as colonizers,

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    So are we going to find out these Sinister Rumors within HoX and PoX, or i it to b solved during DoX? I do not get it. I thought we were handling the Moira life times, now Sinister rumors? Me is confused.
    If there will be any secrets revealed in HOXPOX, it'll most likely only be one or two with the rest sprawled across the Wave I and II DoX titles.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    I loathe camp and find it twee and annoying
    sigh..............