Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    ooh, I bet the blind item about the original numbered followers, is that Apocalypse would give anything to have his original four horseman back. Ooh, this could be leading into Excalibur and stopping these dark dimension creatures from attacking Earth again.
    I'm about 10-12 pages late but I love this idea! Good thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    6 is a clear reference to the Ernst and Martha Spiderman and the XMen Story, when Ernst worked with Sinister to create a new body for Martha. I dont think they are lies.
    I think some are lies

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I think some are lies
    Let me guess, the one hinting at Scott/Emma/Jean/Logan in a poly relationship lol

The year 1000 storyline is somewhat difficult to follow. I thought the blue people found a way to copy their physical selves over to the Phalanx? But this panel looks like Phalanx are (violently) absorbing some physical forms while blue Xavier and Moira (analogues) are just chatting away? Didn’t that recent issue with the priest demonstrate a baby being infected and converted to Phalanx?

58457F9E-8F9B-462A-9C4B-9804B85D966E.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Right? So cute!

After reading it again, Doug really was super important here. I liked how he quickly determined that Charles' communication with Krakoa was general and vague, and it's Doug who revealed to us the story of Apocalypse, the original horsemen and the split island thingy. Doug is badass.

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    It seems likely to me that all the secrets are lies except for one. Probably 10.
    All lies? Now that would be... sinister.

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    The year 1000 storyline is somewhat difficult to follow. I thought the blue people found a way to copy their physical selves over to the Phalanx? But this panel looks like Phalanx are (violently) absorbing some physical forms while blue Xavier and Moira (analogues) are just chatting away? Didn’t that recent issue with the priest demonstrate a baby being infected and converted to Phalanx?

My final take was that
    1) the Librarian put a copy of himself inside of the Phalanx so that the Phalanx could evaluate if they were worthy of ascension (the sequence thing was to see if his memories were inside the collective).
    2) the Phalanx cannot absorb organic life but they found them worthy both for the Nibiru thing and the Librarian's memories
    3) they found a way to surpass the organic limitation that is not some kind of trick, and the Phalanx itself in that panel was testing this method to see if it worked.

But it's still hard to get the whole thing. I wonder if that's really Moira.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Let me guess, the one hinting at Scott/Emma/Jean/Logan in a poly relationship lol
    It is not poly if they are cheating, but it looks like a lie. No all blind items are true

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post

The baby thing was from X^2 in timeline 9, and it was to show that there are a group of humans who will merge with machine to become something else, it is implied the blue future people of X^3 are the result of this merger. This issue reveals that although the Phalanx can absorb organic material, there consciousness' are not added to the collective, they are only interested in the machine half. So they came up with a possible solution of copying their consciousness into pure mechanical form as a work around, and they are awaiting word from the Phalanx to see if that is acceptable to them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    The baby thing was from X^2 in timeline 9, and it was to show that there are a group of humans who will merge with machine to become something else, it is implied the blue future people of X^3 are the result of this merger. This issue reveals that although the Phalanx can absorb organic material, there consciousness' are not added to the collective, they are only interested in the machine half. So they came up with a possible solution of copying their consciousness into pure mechanical form as a work around, and they are awaiting word from the Phalanx to see if that is acceptable to them.
    I think they want to see if having the Phalanx absorb their conciousness changes the way the Phalanx thinks.

edit: in a way it's like hacking

To be honest, that part sounded like Sinister was trolling to me. I don't think that we should take everything that he said at face value.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

That sounds sexy. Makes me wonder if Hickman has been reading certain kinds of fan fiction, some of which I may have written.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Overall I enjoyed the issue. My favorite part was Xavier and Doug Ramsey. Doug is a great character and I love characters with simple powers (simple as in opposite of Storm, Jean Grey, or Magneto). Characters like Doug, Sage, and ShadowCat are cool because writers can get creative with the use of their abilities (and I like characters who do not just blast things).

I like the data page with Doug, Trinary, Sage, Black Tom Cassidy, Forge, and Beast. I want to know more about what they are doing.

The blind item gossip page with Sinister was fun but I am not thinking too much of it right now. We will have to wait and see what comes of it , if anything.

I did not enjoy Sinister's characterization so much. It was too stereotypical, and I don't want to trigger folks here who detest critiques that include gender, sexuality etc., but I did notice a lot of folks on twitter enjoyed this version of Sinister.

I liked the issue but it was a strong male centered issue (yet again).

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I keep thinking more and more about it and I really don't like how Sinister was written here. He came across like a slapstick, Deadpool kind of villain.

As characterized by both Claremont and Gillen, arguably the premier Sinister writers, Essex should be maudlin, Machiavellian, practically Shakespearean. Sure, he can be a ham, but here he is written like a Saturday morning cartoon. I can't believe I'm saying this but I think I'm falling out of love with Hox/Pox more and more with each issue, and it's draining my enthusiasm for X-Men and the first arc of New Mutants.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member

I also didnt like Sinister. Found him too zany, wacky. Not as good as Gillen.